Author Topic: Trump: U.S. can never default because it prints money  (Read 9072 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump: U.S. can never default because it prints money
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »
No. Please, no. He did not just say that out loud.

:thud:

Doesn't surprise me.  Not at all.

I honestly do not understand how anyone can take this man seriously.  It blows my mind all over again every day.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:36 pm »

"This is the United States government. First of all, you never have to default because you print the money."

Another soundbite for Hitlery and the MSM.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 02:22:23 pm »
I'mnow convinced that Donald Trump never ran his own empire. He's just the face of it. Because no one with a minimal understanding of Econ 101 would say something that asinine.

Well, I believe he has bragged that he routinely paid his contractors 85% of the bill. He "thinks" it ought to work the same way when you run the government as a business.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »
He's technically right.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:58 pm »
Enjoy the reaction!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3428880/posts

LS is comparing Trump to Alexander Hamilton, LOL.

Par for the course with that guy.  He once said that Donald was greater than Moses and David.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 02:30:27 pm »

Par for the course with that guy.  He once said that Donald was greater than Moses and David.

When I developed the concept of Existential Cage Theory, never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate that the people who most belong in cages would not only enter them by choice, but demand all not in lockstep would leave their confinement.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 02:30:28 pm »
Doesn't surprise me.  Not at all.

I honestly do not understand how anyone can take this man seriously.  It blows my mind all over again every day.

Ze Wall!  Ze Wall!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »
Trumps plan seems like my wife's.  Spending us out of debt?

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:55 pm »
It's amazing the GOP never talks about cutting spending anymore, and certainly Trump doesn't. It's not high on the radar anymore. I wonder why?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 02:32:30 pm »
Ze Wall!  Ze Wall!

:happyhappy: :happyhappy:

That there is PHUNNY! I don't care WHO you are!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »
Well, I believe he has bragged that he routinely paid his contractors 85% of the bill. He "thinks" it ought to work the same way when you run the government as a business.

Perhaps it is instructive at this point to remember that Trump's recent hire worked for the man who destroys currencies for fun and profit.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 02:35:18 pm »
Trumps plan seems like my wife's.  Spending us out of debt?

Reminds me of a conversation my mom and dad once had in my presence. She was trying to justify her purchase of something by telling him how much she saved on it and his response was you should have bought ten of them! You would be rich now!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »
Ze Wall!  Ze Wall!

Ultimately the wall will be used to keep people in...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
I can't wait to hear his minions defend this as "genius."  **nononono*

They won't address it. They never comment on what he says.  Instead, they will accuse you of being an anti-Trump/never-Trump tool of the GOP-e, secretly funded by big money donors.  Because that's what He would do.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:29 pm »
"You know, I’m the king of debt. I understand debt probably better than anybody. I know how to deal with debt very well. I love debt …”

If I hadn’t actually heard him say it, I would have thought this was from The Onion.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 02:54:47 pm »
They won't address it. They never comment on what he says.  Instead, they will accuse you of being an anti-Trump/never-Trump tool of the GOP-e, secretly funded by big money donors.  Because that's what He would do.

He still has supporters denying he said he wanted a 'big beautiful door' in his theoretical wall to let the deported invaders back in.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 02:55:57 pm »
Reminds me of a conversation my mom and dad once had in my presence. She was trying to justify her purchase of something by telling him how much she saved on it and his response was you should have bought ten of them! You would be rich now!

:silly:

Although I will admit to once telling my husband (ex-husband) that I had “saved” money by buying the clothes I purchased on sale.

But in my defense, I was starting a new job, an office job and needed office appropriate attire as my wardrobe at the time consisted mostly of a few pairs jeans and tee shirts.  I also had 4 pairs of underpants, 1 bra, 2 pairs of socks without holes in them and 2 pairs of shoes, one of which were 10-year-old sneakers.

I was going to have to buy some new clothes no matter what but I worked very hard to find the very best bargains and stretching my meager budget as far as I could.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:30 pm »
I honestly do not understand how anyone can take this man seriously.

You're not supposed to take him seriously. The idea is to discredit himself so Hillary will win the election without making it look like the two of them had been in cohoots from the start.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2016, 03:11:23 pm »
:silly:

Although I will admit to once telling my husband (ex-husband) that I had “saved” money by buying the clothes I purchased on sale.

But in my defense, I was starting a new job, an office job and needed office appropriate attire as my wardrobe at the time consisted mostly of a few pairs jeans and tee shirts.  I also had 4 pairs of underpants, 1 bra, 2 pairs of socks without holes in them and 2 pairs of shoes, one of which were 10-year-old sneakers.

I was going to have to buy some new clothes no matter what but I worked very hard to find the very best bargains and stretching my meager budget as far as I could.

I'm very sure my mom really needed whatever it was that she had purchased as well but I still thought the whole thing funny!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »
He's technically right.
Correct, the consequence of fiat money that's not backed by any standard such as gold.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:44 pm »
It's amazing the GOP never talks about cutting spending anymore, and certainly Trump doesn't. It's not high on the radar anymore. I wonder why?

Jeb Bush.

He not only talked about cutting spending and reducing the size of government during the primaries, but he in fact cut spending and reduced the size of government as a Governor in my State.

The problem is that we were too busy paying attention to discussions about the candidate's penis sizes and completely discarded aside anyone who had anything of substance to say.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:22:20 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 03:26:22 pm »

LS is one of the big disappointments at TOS.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:34:53 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 03:27:25 pm »
The problem is that we were too busy paying attention to discussions about the candidate's penis sizes and completely discarded aside anyone who had anything of substance to say.

The debates were a circus with a crowded field and the clown show that is Trump. Conservatives were given little time and everyone focused on the insults, mockery and name-calling. And here we are with Big Government Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2016, 03:28:39 pm »
I wonder what kind of credit rating Trump has.

Can you even get a credit rating after four bankruptcies?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »

The debates were a circus with a crowded field and the clown show that is Trump. Conservatives were given little time and everyone focused on the insults, mockery and name-calling. And here we are with Big Government Trump.

I agree, although now I'm thinking maybe Trump is the pop culture vehicle we need, the "President Camacho" if you will, to propel us to victory, and maybe if we can convince him to hire the right conservative people in all the right places then he may end up being a good conservative president after all?

Thinking out loud here.