Author Topic: The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Paladin

The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:51:02 am »
"The conservatives who have declared war on the primary victor are displaying a myopia that could be deadly in November when Donald Trump will lead Republicans against a party that has divided the country, destroyed its borders, empowered its enemies, and put 93 million Americans into dependency on the state.

This reckless disregard for consequences is matched only by a blindness to what has made Trump the presumptive nominee. When he entered the Republican primaries a year ago, Trump was given no chance of surviving even the first contest, let alone becoming the Republican nominee. That was the view of all the experts, and especially those experts with the best records of prediction.

Trump — who had never held political office and had no experience in any political job — faced a field of sixteen tested political leaders, including nine governors and five senators from major states. Most of his political opponents were conservatives. During the primaries, several hundred million dollars were spent in negative campaign ads — nastier and more personal than in any Republican primary in memory. At least 60,000 of those ads were aimed at Trump, attacking him as a fraud, a corporate predator, a not-so-closet liberal, an ally of Hillary Clinton, indistinguishable from Barack Obama, an ignoramus, and too crass to be president (Bill Clinton, anyone?).

These negative ads were directed at Republican primary voters, a constituency well to the right of the party. These primary voters are a constituency that may be said to represent the heart of the conservative movement in America and are generally more politically engaged and informed than most Republican voters. Trump won their support. He won by millions of votes — more votes from this conservative heartland than any Republican in primary history. To describe Trump as ignorant — as so many Beltway intellectuals have — is merely to privilege book knowledge over real-world knowledge, not an especially wise way to judge political leaders.

A chorus of detractors has attempted to dismiss Trump’s political victory as representing a mere plurality of primary voters, but how many candidates have won outright majorities among a field of seventeen, or five, or even three? When the Republican primary contest was actually reduced to three, Trump beat the “true conservative,” Ted Cruz, with more than fifty percent of the votes. He did this in blue states and red states, in virtually all precincts and among all Republican demographics. He clinched the nomination by beating Cruz with an outright majority in conservative Indiana.

In opposing the clear choice of the Republican primary electorate, the “Never Trump” crowd is simply displaying their contempt for the most politically active Republican voters. This contempt was dramatically displayed during a CNN segment with Trump’s spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, and Bill Kristol, the self-appointed guru of a Third Party movement whose only result can be to split the Republican ticket and provide Hillary with her best shot at the presidency.

Pierson urged Kristol to help unify the Party behind its presumptive nominee. Kristol grinned and answered her: “You want leaders to become followers.” Could there be a more arrogant response? By what authority does Bill Kristol regard himself as a leader? Trump has the confidence of millions of highly committed and generally conservative Republican voters. That makes him a leader. Who does Bill Kristol lead except a coterie of inside-the-Beltway foreign policy interventionists, who supported the fiasco in Libya that opened the door to al-Qaeda and ISIS?

I say this as someone who has written three books supporting the intervention in Iraq and who thinks Trump is dead wrong on this issue. However, I also understand that the Bush administration did not defend the war the Democrats sabotaged, allowing its critics to turn it into a bad war in the eyes of the American people. Consequently, Trump’s attack on the intervention is a smart political move that will allow him to win over many Democrat, Independent, and even conservative voters who think Iraq was a mistake and do not appreciate the necessity of that war or the tragedy of the Democrats’ opposition to it. You can’t reverse historical judgments in election year sound bites. Understanding this, instinctively or otherwise, makes Trump politically smarter than his Washington detractors.

Conservatives like Kristol claim to oppose Trump on principles but then turn to Mitt Romney for a Third Party run. This is the same Mitt Romney who, as governor of Massachusetts, was the father of Obamacare but ran against Obamacare in 2012. So much for principles.

“True conservatives” claim the Constitution as their Bible. But, as everybody knows, the first principle of that document is that the people are sovereign. The people’s voice, expressed at the ballot box, determines who leads. The “Never Trump” conservatives don’t respect this principle. What other conclusion can be drawn from their arrogant repudiation of a candidate whose authority derives from the expressed will of the people?

The Never Trump elites claim the voters are fools because Trump is “utterly unfit to be president by temperament, values and policy preferences.” This is the phrase used by Eliot A. Cohen a former Defense and State Department official in the Bush 41 and Bush 43 administrations. It is a sentiment common to most anti-Trump commentators.

But what can it possibly mean? During the first Republican debate, in front of a television audience of 17 million people, Jeb Bush took a pledge saying he would support whoever eventually won the Republican primaries. But as soon as the winner was declared, Bush reneged on his promise. Is telling the truth a presidential value? Or do the anti-Trumpers make allowances for politicians they support, cutting them slack that permits them to lie or change their minds when it is convenient to do so?

The anti-Trump crowd seems most concerned about the personal insults that Trump used successfully to defeat his formidable and more experienced rivals. Perhaps they are forgetting the hundred million dollars worth of personal insults and attacks that were directed at Marco Rubio and Trump by Bush’s PAC, which the candidate himself never repudiated. Is it their view that what is presidential is to have surrogates do your dirty work, while pretending to be innocent of the deed?

Trump has attempted to repair most of the insults he delivered by praising Cruz and Rubio and explaining that he was harsh on Bush because it was a competition and harsh things were being said about him in 60,000 negative ads. Moreover, he would consider some of the rivals he had previously bruised to be his running mate. Trump has shown a magnanimity in victory that his antagonists are unable to show in defeat. I would call that presidential.

What is it about those policy preferences that allegedly disqualify Trump? In his original statement on immigration, Trump should have said this: “I love Mexicans. I employ thousands of Mexicans. I want them to come here but I want them to come here legally. If America has no borders we have no country. Here’s the problem: Millions of Mexicans are not coming here legally. Among the illegals being smuggled across our borders are 550,000 criminals who have committed rape, murder, robbery, and felonies. This has to stop, and I’m going to stop it. I’m going to build a wall, and I’m going to make Mexico pay for it.”

Unfortunately, when Trump said words to this effect, he said them backwards. He began by saying Mexico is not sending its best people here, but sending rapists, murderers, drug dealers. It was only after that, he said they are also sending good people. I love Mexicans. I employ thousands of Mexicans. I want them to come here, but legally.

Now it’s understandable that Democrats bent on sabotaging our borders should twist his words and make him sound like an anti-Mexican nativist. That’s what Democrats do. But it’s disgraceful when Republicans echo them. Similarly, Donald Trump is not against free trade, but wants the so-called free trade to be fair. Neither is Trump in favor of banning Muslim immigration. He wants a moratorium on Muslim immigration until a screening system is put in place so that we don’t simply open our doors to Muslims from a Taliban- and al-Qaeda-supporting nation like Pakistan, who belong to terrorist mosques and lie about their home addresses like the San Bernardino shooters. Every conservative should support that, and no conservative should join Democrats in lying about Trump’s position and calling it a permanent ban on Muslims.

Will Trump live up to the conservative promises he has made? Will he build the wall, and defend this country, and give his best effort to putting America’s interests first and making America great again? If you believe that Donald Trump takes the Trump name seriously and wants to create a monument to his family and himself, it’s a good bet he will try to do just that. And Hillary won’t. She’ll do the opposite. And that is as much certainty about political outcomes as anyone in this life can expect."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/08/never-trump-pouters/ [David Horowitz]

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:54:08 am »
I don't see pouting. I see an open revolt because the nominee is revolting.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:01:46 am »
Trump said he didn't need our votes and he reached out for Sanders' supporters.

Trump supporters need to stop attacking conservatives, insults aren't going to make us change our mind.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:02:48 am »

No, pouting is the correct word. Another appropriate word, as you well know, is deceptive.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:03:24 am »

I see selfish, childish, sore-loser whining. Trump won, and his support even among his detractors is increasing daily.

State Governors supporting Trump

Current

Greg Abbott, Texas (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[344]
    Phil Bryant, Mississippi (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[334]
    Mary Fallin, Oklahoma[345]
    Nikki Haley, South Carolina (previously endorsed Marco Rubio, then Ted Cruz)[346]
    Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas (previously endorsed Mike Huckabee, then Marco Rubio)[347]
    Pat McCrory, North Carolina[348]
    Mike Pence, Indiana (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[349]
    Pete Ricketts, Nebraska[350]
    Brian Sandoval, Nevada (previously endorsed John Kasich)[351]
    Scott Walker, Wisconsin (former 2016 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Ted Cruz

geronl

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 04:03:40 am »
TRUMP
SANDERS

The Bucket List, man, the bucket list!!

geronl

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 04:04:42 am »
Trump supporters are the ones throwing a tantrum.

I would never ever in a million years support that orange turd

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 04:10:24 am »
Trump said he didn't need our votes and he reached out for Sanders' supporters.

Trump supporters need to stop attacking conservatives, insults aren't going to make us change our mind.

Trump never claimed he "didn't need our votes". You know that is a false statement.  Of course you are welcome to produce the quote refuting me. He stated that the party should be unified and he wanted that, but  thought he could still win without it.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 04:12:16 am »
Trump supporters are the ones throwing a tantrum.

I would never ever in a million years support that orange turd

You're doing it right now!!!!  :laughingdog: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 04:13:13 am »
No, pouting is the correct word. Another appropriate word, as you well know, is deceptive.

Yeah right. That is that why Trump spends his days since becoming the nominee bashing people in his "own party" for not supporting him instead of bashing Hitlary. It is also why his is systematically flushing all his Primary promises down the toilet and adopting Leftist positions.

Your man's coronation has been a disaster and you all know it. No one is coalescing around him. They are all telling him to screw. 

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 04:33:31 am »
. No one is coalescing around him. They are all telling him to screw.

:silly:

State Governors
Current

Greg Abbott, Texas (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[344]
    Phil Bryant, Mississippi (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[334]
    Mary Fallin, Oklahoma[345]
    Nikki Haley, South Carolina (previously endorsed Marco Rubio, then Ted Cruz)[346]
    Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas (previously endorsed Mike Huckabee, then Marco Rubio)[347]
    Pat McCrory, North Carolina[348]
    Mike Pence, Indiana (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)[349]
    Pete Ricketts, Nebraska[350]
    Brian Sandoval, Nevada (previously endorsed John Kasich)[351]
    Scott Walker, Wisconsin (former 2016 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Ted Cruz

Former Governors

Jim Gilmore, Virginia (former 2016 presidential candidate)[353]
    Mike Huckabee, Arkansas (former 2016 and 2008 presidential candidate)[354]
    Jon Huntsman, Utah (former 2012 presidential candidate)[355]
    Bobby Jindal, Louisiana (former 2016 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Marco Rubio)[356]
    Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota (former 2012 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Marco Rubio) [357]
    Rick Perry, Texas (former 2016 and 2012 presidential candidate) (previously endorsed Ted Cruz)

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 04:40:12 am »
This is just another attempt to insult us into submission which will really only result in solidifying us against Trump that much more.  NeverNeverNEVERTrump.

I'm not here to insult. I'm here to post facts, information and refute lies, misinformation, propaganda and disinformation. I don't find it helpful to use derogatory name calling of candidates or their supporters.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 04:44:52 am »
You're doing it right now!!!!  :laughingdog: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe

I'm laughing, that's true. I don't care enough to throw a tantrum, what for... I don't identify as a Republican anyway, I don't CARE who they nominate now. I really don't.  It just doesn't matter, I made peace with never voting for Trump about a year ago and I am extremely comfortable with it. Trump just confirms that I was right day in and day out.

Those throwing fits about #NeverTrump are the ones shedding tears. #NeverTrump's are laying back drinking sweet ice tea and enjoying the Spring. We don't need to jump through hoops and run around like clowns at a circus to defend the idiotic things that your candidate says and does by the hour. Not having a candidate is actually relaxing and quite liberating.

I have been freed.

I will sleep well.

Laughing at Trump and his supporters is good for me, they say.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 04:46:43 am »
Just for the record, there is a faction of #NeverTrump thinking about moving to the Libertarians this year as a protest vote, unless they nominate McAffee who is a nutcase.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 04:59:17 am »
Some of us have known from the outset that Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent
Clinton are both charlatan demagogues who aspire to be not presidents but elected
monarchs.

Some of us are also the same people who are long enough tired of this cretinous nonsense
of gazing upon presidential hopefuls and indeed presidents as elected kings/queens/
emperors/take your pick---and allowing them to behave as such in office.

It didn't begin with His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada,
COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as
the United States, of course. And based on what is known of Donaldus Minimus and
Hilarious Rodent Clinton each, it won't end with His Excellency, either.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 05:02:32 am »
Just for the record, there is a faction of #NeverTrump thinking about moving to the Libertarians this year as a protest vote, unless they nominate McAffee who is a nutcase.

Gary Johnson the pro drug, marijuana company CEO. Figures.

https://panampost.com/panam-staff/2014/07/02/gary-johnson-named-ceo-of-cannabis-company/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:16:04 am »
Gary Johnson the pro drug, marijuana company CEO. Figures.

https://panampost.com/panam-staff/2014/07/02/gary-johnson-named-ceo-of-cannabis-company/
I see we have a prohibitionist on the board.

Well, prohibitionism fits in with the heavy-handed approach Trumpism takes to everything else.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters (Breitbart)
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 11:40:40 am »
The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters

The conservatives who have declared war on the primary victor are displaying a myopia that could be deadly in November when Donald Trump will lead Republicans against a party that has divided the country, destroyed its borders, empowered its enemies, and put 93 million Americans into dependency on the state.

This reckless disregard for consequences is matched only by a blindness to what has made Trump the presumptive nominee. When he entered the Republican primaries a year ago, Trump was given no chance of surviving even the first contest, let alone becoming the Republican nominee. That was the view of all the experts, and especially those experts with the best records of prediction.

Trump — who had never held political office and had no experience in any political job — faced a field of sixteen tested political leaders, including nine governors and five senators from major states. Most of his political opponents were conservatives. During the primaries, several hundred million dollars were spent in negative campaign ads — nastier and more personal than in any Republican primary in memory. At least 60,000 of those ads were aimed at Trump, attacking him as a fraud, a corporate predator, a not-so-closet liberal, an ally of Hillary Clinton, indistinguishable from Barack Obama, an ignoramus, and too crass to be president (Bill Clinton, anyone?).

These negative ads were directed at Republican primary voters, a constituency well to the right of the party. These primary voters are a constituency that may be said to represent the heart of the conservative movement in America and are generally more politically engaged and informed than most Republican voters. Trump won their support. He won by millions of votes — more votes from this conservative heartland than any Republican in primary history. To describe Trump as ignorant — as so many Beltway intellectuals have — is merely to privilege book knowledge over real-world knowledge, not an especially wise way to judge political leaders.

A chorus of detractors has attempted to dismiss Trump’s political victory as representing a mere plurality of primary voters, but how many candidates have won outright majorities among a field of seventeen, or five, or even three? When the Republican primary contest was actually reduced to three, Trump beat the “true conservative,” Ted Cruz, with more than fifty percent of the votes. He did this in blue states and red states, in virtually all precincts and among all Republican demographics. He clinched the nomination by beating Cruz with an outright majority in conservative Indiana.

In opposing the clear choice of the Republican primary electorate, the “Never Trump” crowd is simply displaying their contempt for the most politically active Republican voters. This contempt was dramatically displayed during a CNN segment with Trump’s spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, and Bill Kristol, the self-appointed guru of a Third Party movement whose only result can be to split the Republican ticket and provide Hillary with her best shot at the presidency.

Pierson urged Kristol to help unify the Party behind its presumptive nominee. Kristol grinned and answered her: “You want leaders to become followers.” Could there be a more arrogant response? By what authority does Bill Kristol regard himself as a leader? Trump has the confidence of millions of highly committed and generally conservative Republican voters. That makes him a leader. Who does Bill Kristol lead except a coterie of inside-the-Beltway foreign policy interventionists, who supported the fiasco in Libya that opened the door to al-Qaeda and ISIS?

I say this as someone who has written three books supporting the intervention in Iraq and who thinks Trump is dead wrong on this issue. However, I also understand that the Bush administration did not defend the war the Democrats sabotaged, allowing its critics to turn it into a bad war in the eyes of the American people. Consequently, Trump’s attack on the intervention is a smart political move that will allow him to win over many Democrat, Independent, and even conservative voters who think Iraq was a mistake and do not appreciate the necessity of that war or the tragedy of the Democrats’ opposition to it. You can’t reverse historical judgments in election year sound bites. Understanding this, instinctively or otherwise, makes Trump politically smarter than his Washington detractors.

Conservatives like Kristol claim to oppose Trump on principles but then turn to Mitt Romney for a Third Party run. This is the same Mitt Romney who, as governor of Massachusetts, was the father of Obamacare but ran against Obamacare in 2012. So much for principles.

“True conservatives” claim the Constitution as their Bible. But, as everybody knows, the first principle of that document is that the people are sovereign. The people’s voice, expressed at the ballot box, determines who leads. The “Never Trump” conservatives don’t respect this principle. What other conclusion can be drawn from their arrogant repudiation of a candidate whose authority derives from the expressed will of the people?

The Never Trump elites claim the voters are fools because Trump is “utterly unfit to be president by temperament, values and policy preferences.” This is the phrase used by Eliot A. Cohen a former Defense and State Department official in the Bush 41 and Bush 43 administrations. It is a sentiment common to most anti-Trump commentators.

But what can it possibly mean? During the first Republican debate, in front of a television audience of 17 million people, Jeb Bush took a pledge saying he would support whoever eventually won the Republican primaries. But as soon as the winner was declared, Bush reneged on his promise. Is telling the truth a presidential value? Or do the anti-Trumpers make allowances for politicians they support, cutting them slack that permits them to lie or change their minds when it is convenient to do so?

The anti-Trump crowd seems most concerned about the personal insults that Trump used successfully to defeat his formidable and more experienced rivals. Perhaps they are forgetting the hundred million dollars worth of personal insults and attacks that were directed at Marco Rubio and Trump by Bush’s PAC, which the candidate himself never repudiated. Is it their view that what is presidential is to have surrogates do your dirty work, while pretending to be innocent of the deed?

Trump has attempted to repair most of the insults he delivered by praising Cruz and Rubio and explaining that he was harsh on Bush because it was a competition and harsh things were being said about him in 60,000 negative ads. Moreover, he would consider some of the rivals he had previously bruised to be his running mate. Trump has shown a magnanimity in victory that his antagonists are unable to show in defeat. I would call that presidential.

What is it about those policy preferences that allegedly disqualify Trump? In his original statement on immigration, Trump should have said this: “I love Mexicans. I employ thousands of Mexicans. I want them to come here but I want them to come here legally. If America has no borders we have no country. Here’s the problem: Millions of Mexicans are not coming here legally. Among the illegals being smuggled across our borders are 550,000 criminals who have committed rape, murder, robbery, and felonies. This has to stop, and I’m going to stop it. I’m going to build a wall, and I’m going to make Mexico pay for it.”

Unfortunately, when Trump said words to this effect, he said them backwards. He began by saying Mexico is not sending its best people here, but sending rapists, murderers, drug dealers. It was only after that, he said they are also sending good people. I love Mexicans. I employ thousands of Mexicans. I want them to come here, but legally.

Now it’s understandable that Democrats bent on sabotaging our borders should twist his words and make him sound like an anti-Mexican nativist. That’s what Democrats do. But it’s disgraceful when Republicans echo them. Similarly, Donald Trump is not against free trade, but wants the so-called free trade to be fair. Neither is Trump in favor of banning Muslim immigration. He wants a moratorium on Muslim immigration until a screening system is put in place so that we don’t simply open our doors to Muslims from a Taliban- and al-Qaeda-supporting nation like Pakistan, who belong to terrorist mosques and lie about their home addresses like the San Bernardino shooters. Every conservative should support that, and no conservative should join Democrats in lying about Trump’s position and calling it a permanent ban on Muslims.

Will Trump live up to the conservative promises he has made? Will he build the wall, and defend this country, and give his best effort to putting America’s interests first and making America great again? If you believe that Donald Trump takes the Trump name seriously and wants to create a monument to his family and himself, it’s a good bet he will try to do just that. And Hillary won’t. She’ll do the opposite. And that is as much certainty about political outcomes as anyone in this life can expect.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/08/never-trump-pouters/

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Bill Cipher

Re: The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters (Breitbart)
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 11:55:26 am »
Breitbart. Go figure.  Another liberal mouthpiece that's been in the koolaid tank for NYC liberal Trump since the beginning. 

I don't vote for lying liberals, which is why I won't vote for Trump (already flipped to liberal positions on taxes and minimum wage) or Hillary Clinton. 

#NeverTrump

Bill Cipher

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 12:04:22 pm »

Exactly.  Not much of a choice in the general: you can vote for the liberal with the bad hair or the liberal with the orange hair, or you can vote third party and still respect yourself when you look in the mirror the next morning. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: The ‘Never Trump’ Pouters (Breitbart)
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/08/never-trump-pouters/

Trump needs to submit to a psych eval to certify that he is not afflicted with Tourette Syndrome

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 12:30:50 pm »
So it's the Trump Party now.  Why should I be loyal to it?   Trump's supporters include some of the worst of the worst.  Why should I ally with the alt-right? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 06:21:30 pm »
Exactly.  Not much of a choice in the general: you can vote for the liberal with the bad hair or the liberal with the orange hair, or you can vote third party and still respect yourself when you look in the mirror the next morning.

:yawn2:  :boring:

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 06:23:42 pm »
I see we have a prohibitionist on the board.

Well, prohibitionism fits in with the heavy-handed approach Trumpism takes to everything else.

You want to be a doper or support one for POTUS, you go right ahead. Tells me more than I want to know about you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:00 pm »
Every election cycle we are told to back the GOP nominee for president as the lesser of two evils. It's always been the threat of "if you don't vote for Candidate A, then Candidate B will win."   

This year is even better. We have two candidates running for POTUS that big majorities of the general population cannot stand before they even begin to campaign against each other.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy