Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Whom Should Trump Pick As VP?

<< < (28/29) > >>

pogo101:

--- Quote from: A-Lert on May 13, 2016, 09:14:42 pm ---The POTUS nominates, he doesn't confirm. Trump isn't stupid, like you neverTrumps seem to believe.

Hell, Cruz couldn't influence his peers in congress. Trump actually has a chance of influencing congress and accomplishing improvements in border security, the military and trade.

--- End quote ---
Wait, wait, a minute ago you said that the President can't do anything about Kelo (which Trump supports), only SCOTUS.
A minute ago you said that the President can't do anything about Roe (which Trump supports, along with taxpayer funding to PP), only SCOTUS.
Now? When I called you on your dodging, you try to flip the script and say, in effect, "Uh, yeah, SCOTUS suddenly matters to me!  But um, Cruz wasn't successful, and Trump will be, because TRUMP!"

You're the inaugural member of my Ignore List.  Not because you're for Trump, but because you are not arguing in good faith.  Please add me to yours.

A-Lert:

--- Quote from: sinkspur on May 13, 2016, 09:19:18 pm ---Anybody who publicly mocks the handicapped and trashes POWs is goddamned stupid!!!

--- End quote ---

Your incessant whining is even moreso.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: sinkspur on May 13, 2016, 09:19:18 pm ---Anybody who publicly mocks the handicapped and trashes POWs is goddamned stupid!!!

--- End quote ---

Deep breaths, buddy!      :laugh:

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: pogo101 on May 13, 2016, 09:19:29 pm ---Wait, wait, a minute ago you said that the President can't do anything about Kelo (which Trump supports), only SCOTUS.
A minute ago you said that the President can't do anything about Roe (which Trump supports, along with taxpayer funding to PP), only SCOTUS.
Now? When I called you on your dodging, you try to flip the script and say, in effect, "Uh, yeah, SCOTUS suddenly matters to me!  But um, Cruz wasn't successful, and Trump will be, because TRUMP!"

You're the inaugural member of my Ignore List.  Not because you're for Trump, but because you are not arguing in good faith.  Please add me to yours.

--- End quote ---

Point of fact @pogo101 .  He is the undisputed king of the ignore.  Infact I asked @mystery-ak to remane "Ignore Button" to the "A-Lert Button" in his honor.

A-Lert:

--- Quote from: pogo101 on May 13, 2016, 09:19:29 pm ---Wait, wait, a minute ago you said that the President can't do anything about Kelo (which Trump supports), only SCOTUS.

--- End quote ---

You're confused. The POTUS can NOT overturn SCOTUS decisions.

Cruz was unpopular with his peers and apparently wasn't that popular with the electorate. Cruz comes off as impersonal, staid and a right wing ideologue. Trump has a better chance of being successful because he can be persuasive. All evidence indicates Cruz can't be or isn't persuasive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version