Author Topic: SARAH PALIN Announces She Will Work to Defeat Paul Ryan in Primary (VIDEO)  (Read 2330 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/sarah-palin-announces-she-will-work-to-defeat-paul-ryan-in-primary-video/

Jim Hoft May 8th, 2016 7:50 am

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin announced on Sunday she will work to defeat Paul Ryan in his Republican primary.

This came after Ryan would not endorse the Republican nominee Donald Trump for president.
On Thursday Republican Speaker Paul Ryan told Jake Tapper on CNN he was “not ready” to endorse Donald Trump yet.

Donald Trump won the GOP nomination on Tuesday after his landslide victory in Indiana.

Palin told Jake Tapper she believes Ryan will soon be “Cantored.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvxDLKPz3T8

* Republican businessman Paul Nehlen is running against Paul Ryan in the Wisconsin primary.

CNN reported:

Sarah Palin will work to defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan by backing his primary opponent in Wisconsin, the former Alaska governor told CNN’s Jake Tapper.

Palin said in an interview that airs Sunday on “State of the Union” that her decision was sparked by Ryan’s bombshell announcement to Tapper last week that he wasn’t yet ready to support Donald Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee. Palin endorsed Trump back in January.

“I think Paul Ryan is soon to be ‘Cantored,’ as in Eric Cantor,” Palin said, referring to the former Republican House majority leader who was ousted in a shocking upset in 2014 when challenger Dave Brat ran to his right in a Virginia primary.

“His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people, and as the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his,” Palin continued.

It will be interesting to see who the Cruz supporters will endorse in this race.

Paul Ryan must have missed Sarah Palin’s call for the party to unite after Donald Trump’s victory.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
 [and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his,” Palin continued.]

That's not what he said, Sarah.  He said he was not ready to support Trump at this time.  Neither am I.  Trump was again this morning talking about RAISING TAXES.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

[and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his,” Palin continued.]

That's not what he said, Sarah.  He said he was not ready to support Trump at this time.  Neither am I.  Trump was again this morning talking about RAISING TAXES.

Beginning to think we dodged a bullet in Gov Palin when McCain lost.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline andy58-in-nh

Beginning to think we dodged a bullet in Gov Palin when McCain lost.

Sarah held a great deal of promise back when she spoke about ideas and policies to implement them.

Long since seduced by the siren of Celebrity, she has become a cartoon caricature content to plow the ever-fertile fields of the intellectual Low Country.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

geronl

They don't oppose Ryan because he is a squishy Obama-accomodating Speaker.

They only attack Paul Ryan because he hasn't endorsed Trump.

This is the ONLY qualification that the Trump cult has now.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Exactly. This is Palin acting as "enforcer" for the Trump campaign. I don't think Trump or his minions expected people to see through this transparent ruse, but I think more and more people are waking up to it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RedHead

Maybe is Trump stood for smaller government and fiscal responsibility then more people might start taking Trump seriously.

HAPPY2BME

================================

That right there is a substantial size buttload of crap.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Sarah held a great deal of promise back when she spoke about ideas and policies to implement them.

Long since seduced by the siren of Celebrity, she has become a cartoon caricature content to plow the ever-fertile fields of the intellectual Low Country.

IMO Palin sounded a lot better in thought, substance and delivery when she was McCain’s running mate in ‘08.  Then it is amazing what a professional speech writer, a speech coach and a professional wardrobe, hair and makeup person can do.  Just sayin’.

I notice that when she gives any speech or interview now it comes off as being a string of Twitter and Face Book postings with a few catchy phrases, all thrown together in a gigantic semi-incoherent word salad.  Sounds a lot like Trump come to think of it.

What she also said makes no sense. Palin said that reason that Ryan was “doing this” (not endorsing Trump. i.e. not kissing his ring) is that it “screws with” his (Ryan’s?) chances for the 2020 presidential campaign.  Then she implies that if a republican wins this year, it wouldn’t bode well for his (Ryan’s) chances in 2020. 

I think perhaps what she meant to say was “doing this” (not endorsing Trump. i.e. not kissing his ring) “helps”, not “screws” with Ryan’s chances in 2020 as it would (in her opinion) help Ryan’s chances if the incumbent POTUS for the 2020 election is a Democrat.  When one says “screws with” that is not typically meant to mean “is helpful”. 

She then goes on to say (in the full interview which I post below) that Ryan as Speaker and Chairman of the GOP Convention is supposed to be “neutral” but then in the very same breath she slams him for not endorsing Trump.  And FWIW Ryan didn’t say he would never support Trump but that he wasn’t ready to endorse him “at this time”.  And remember folks (especially you Trump supporters) that Trump has not yet gotten to the magic number of 1,237 and is at this point the “presumptive” nominee, certainly the very likely nominee, but the voting isn’t over yet.  For Ryan at this point to endorse Trump would not be maintaining the neutrality that Palin herself says he should maintain.

And she calls Ryan’s and others concerns over Trump’s tone “superficial”, but when question in particular on Trump’s attacking the Clinton’s on infidelity, she then goes into some sort of limp wristed criticism about delving into people’s personal lives and past mistakes (perhaps remembering what Trump’s BFF David Pecker of the National Enquire had published about her and her family) but then says in effect that it doesn’t matter.

That’s about 2-3 contradictions in just one interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mUDSew8Cw
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

geronl

================================

That right there is a substantial size buttload of crap.

I love the way they attack Chris Christie (Hug Obama), Rick Scott (Sanctuary City Scott) and other squishes.... oh wait...

Offline kevindavis007

Tough talk from the quitter..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kjam22

Tough talk from the quitter..

Yep.... she ought to run for governor of Alaska and try to serve a whole term.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline libertybele

Well, Sarah can speak out all she wants for Trump.  Let's not forget she endorsed Trump and he lost the State of Alaska.  Somehow her endorsement didn't make all that much difference and her affiliation with Trump makes me really question both her judgement and her motive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Yep.... she ought to run for governor of Alaska and try to serve a whole term.....

I agree..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Meh, it's her right. She still has her fans, though far fewer than at one time, so maybe it'll have an effect. Doubt it though, Ryan is pretty popular in his state.

I'm not writing Ryan off as a total squish just yet. Said I'd give him a year - and full control over working out a spending bill. The omnibus crap that was passed wasn't his, it was pretty much a done deal before he got the job. So a year he gets. From me, anyways.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
 888bravo

888bravo 888bravo 888bravo

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Paul should be scared that a professional loser like Palin is gunning for him.

Offline LonestarDream

As a fellow Cruz supporter, wont shed a tear if Palin can help ditch Ryan.

Wow. Paul should be scared that a professional loser like Palin is gunning for him.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:16:03 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline sinkspur

And replace him with whom?  The Tea Party had a chance to put up somebody, but didn't. 

Ryan's the choice of the GOP majority.  What you or I think of him as their speaker is really irrelevant.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

Same childish, ridiculous  bile spewed at Christie, Carson, Sessions, Giuliani, Gingrich  and many other current or former politicians who support Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

And replace him with whom?  The Tea Party had a chance to put up somebody, but didn't. 

Ryan's the choice of the GOP majority.  What you or I think of him as their speaker is really irrelevant.
Ryan is a big part of the cantor/boehner crew.

Replace Ryan with someone out of the Tea Party caucus.

Perhaps those of us who have issues with Trump should be focus on being FOR Tea party candidates in the House and Senate.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline libertybele

Same childish, ridiculous  bile spewed at Christie, Carson, Sessions, Giuliani, Gingrich  and many other current or former politicians who support Trump.

Good grief ... take a look at the Trump supporters you just mentioned. I don't see them as a feather in Donny's cap:

Christie - RINO, Obama crony, New Jersey gate -- people of NJ actually suggested he step down

Carson - Neurosurgeon who doesn't have a clue about government, Trump called him a pathological liar/child molester

Giuliani - Promoter of the NAU/Nafta Superhighway, Trans Texas Corridor; to benefit from toll roads he owns, etc.

Gingrich - His own party ousted him

Sessions -- I question how the heck he got wrapped up with Trump

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/6_fed_up_nj_newspapers_call_on_christie_to_resign.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/lupica-bridgegate-doomed-chris-christie-white-house-run-article-1.2527504

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/trump-carson-pathological-like-child-molester.html

http://www.texasturf.org/2012-06-01-03-09-30/press-releases/texas-state-wide/671-giuliani-has-ties-to-trans-texas-corridor
http://info.tpj.org/page_view.jsp?pageid=1207&pubid=969

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/11/06/gingrich/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'll heartily second that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ryan is a big part of the cantor/boehner crew.

Replace Ryan with someone out of the Tea Party caucus.

Perhaps those of us who have issues with Trump should be focus on being FOR Tea party candidates in the House and Senate.

Perhaps someone who would actually lead the House in doing it's JOB instead of courting K Street 24/7!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

I believe they did, but they couldn't get the rest of the caucus to even consider their candidates, so they basically had to cajole Ryan into taking the job that he never at least publicly wanted.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024