Author Topic: Trump the Globalist (Mark Levin)  (Read 2151 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump the Globalist (Mark Levin)
« on: May 07, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
....While Trump and his surrogates denounce free trade, proclaiming that they stand with and for America’s working men and women, they find it hard to explain away the billionaire's own practices for most of his business career. As it turns out, Trump has never shown any qualms about using foreign labor, foreign capital and even foreign-owned companies to service his personal interests and acquire wealth...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-the-globalist#sthash.O9jBHEjr.dpuf

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump the Globalist (Mark Levin)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 08:57:10 pm »
Trump wants to use the power of the presidency to deny other Americans the ability to take advantage of global markets the way he has. The questions voters should be asking Trump are obvious: If international trade is so bad for America, why has he spent most of his business career engaging in it?  And if commerce and trade kill American jobs, how has he managed to create tens of thousands of them using, in part, the wealth he acquired from overseas investments? Does Trump believe his own rhetoric?  He knows from his own behavior and experience that trade is generally good for the economy but condemns it anyway.  Is this a purely cynical move to get votes, or is he intentionally engaging in business deals that he believes harm the United States, caring more about his personal wealth than the country?  None of these scenarios inspire confidence in Trump. -

See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-the-globalist#sthash.O9jBHEjr.6jYJsWIa.dpuf
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »
Supporters of protectionism, such as Breitbart writer Julia Hahn, point out that President Ronald Reagan imposed tariffs on imported goods from Japan, a fact I have mentioned on my radio program.  But her analogy between Reagan and Trump, like so many others asserted by Trump surrogates, is not really an apt one.  Reagan did not make wholesale protectionism and tariffs a central plank of his platform, as Trump does; nor did he support imposing high tariffs on every single product produced in a particular country.  Actually, Reagan emphasized the opposite.  Reagan’s tariffs were targeted, including on Japanese motorcycles and semiconductors, and usually in response to specific violations of trade deals.  Besides, Trump is a populist/nationalist/protectionist.  Reagan was a conservative.  There’s a difference. -

See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/trump-the-globalist#sthash.O9jBHEjr.zljHvr1x.dpuf

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:08 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/gop-establishment-money-funding-mark-levin-glenn-beck-erick-erickson-to-attack-trump/

$400k for Mark Levin books

“The Senate Conservatives Fund (PAC) purchasing massive quantities ($400,000) of Mark Levin’s books in exchange for favorable candidacy political opinion. Conveniently hidden by the radio host who avoids mentioning the financial conflict created,” the blog pointed out.

On Jan. 13, Ben Jacobs in an article published by the Daily Beast headlined “Pay to Play?” noted that Politico, in an article that now appears to have been scrubbed from Politico’s website, reported on how the GOP establishment seeks to buy Levin.

The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF), a “conservative” fund founded by former Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina that backed Cruz in his Senate fight against Obamacare, spent $427,000 to buy copies of radio talk show host Mark Levin’s four-year-old book “Liberty or Tyranny” to distribute to donors – a purchase that should have earned Levin approximately $1 million in royalties.

Despite his many diatribes against Trump broadcast to his national radio audience, Levin hid the fact the son of his fiancé is a full-time staffer for Cruz.

And the professional rope-a-dope from Levin continues. Guess the #NeverTrump Pacs still want their blood for their money and favors purchasing Beck Levin and others.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:45 pm »
I find it quite ridiculous that people compare Trump to Reagan.  NEWSFLASH:  Trump is NO Ronald Reagan.  Trump is out for Trump.  Reagan was for America.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/gop-establishment-money-funding-mark-levin-glenn-beck-erick-erickson-to-attack-trump/

And the professional rope-a-dope from Levin continues. Guess the #NeverTrump Pacs still want their blood for their money and favors purchasing Beck Levin and others.

What the hell does this even mean?

Can't deal with the arguments Levin makes so you come up with some off-the-wall criticism that makes as little sense as the rest of your posts.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 09:50:37 pm »
What the hell does this even mean?

Can't deal with the arguments Levin makes so you come up with some off-the-wall criticism that makes as little sense as the rest of your posts.
Means hes a Hustler and is hustling you for money and favors for his family.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
Means hes a Hustler and is hustling you for money and favors for his family.

His books were tremendous.  Books are regularly handed out by think tanks as teaching tools.

Recommend you read Liberty and Tyranny and Men in Black at a minimum.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »
His books were tremendous.  Books are regularly handed out by think tanks as teaching tools.

Recommend you read Liberty and Tyranny and Men in Black at a minimum.
Means he has not disclosed to his listeners he was paid over a million dollars by a Cruz PAC under a purchase of years old books (Hillary speaking fees scam) to pimp Cruz and attack Trump  nor did he disclose that he has family employed with the Cruz campaign.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 10:48:58 pm »
I find it quite ridiculous that people compare Trump to Reagan.  NEWSFLASH:  Trump is NO Ronald Reagan.  Trump is out for Trump.  Reagan was for America.

I respectfully disagree with your conclusion.  Donald Trump is an American patriot to his core.

Look (objectively) at what Trump plans on accomplishing.  But first, at least recognize that he has left a lifestyle you and I can only imagine to tackle the problems facing this nation that no one else has the guts or the freedom from PACs and special interest groups to do: 

Expand the job market with smart trade deals that protect and enhance American interests; "NO!" to TPP.  Reduce tax burden of businesses, including investment in growth strategies. 

Secure our borders- because without them we cannot be a nation. 

Stop the open admission of people from the Middle Eastern countries who have vowed our destruction - - - until and unless they can be properly and effectively vetted. In the meantime... help fund a safe zone in the Middle East for Muslim "refugees" from Syria. 

Stop funding PP abortions while preserving health care services for women.  Rebuild our infrastructure.

Revise NATO to meet the needs of the 21st century - - -   finally with equitable cost-sharing.

Rebuild our military so we never have to use it.

Continue to expose political correctness for what it is and beat it back to the stone age so we can focus on the business of uniting the American people.

This is a long way to saying:  Donald Trump is out to protect and advance the American people and the American geopolitical position in this world.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:51:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 11:00:50 pm »

That of course is the most important difference, but I also think about the fact that Reagan was a great Conservative thinker and known as the Great Communicator, while Trump hasn't given a single conservative issue a single thought before, and talks like an inarticulate third grader who can't complete a sentence.

I think in all of politics, there has never been so great a difference in two men than Reagan and Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 11:05:19 pm »
I respectfully disagree with your conclusion.  Donald Trump is an American patriot to his core...

Trumps moral core is not only rotten but it is a gangrenous decaying sack of orange pus.  He is no more a Patriot than Bernie Madoff was a honest man.   

Respectfully saying of course.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 11:08:54 pm »
Trumps moral core is not only rotten but it is a gangrenous decaying sack of orange pus.  He is no more a Patriot than Bernie Madoff was a honest man.   

Respectfully saying of course.

I appreciate the "respectfully".  But with equal respect I find your response lacking.   :shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 11:14:43 pm »
I appreciate the "respectfully".  But with equal respect I find your response lacking.   :shrug:

All Those Trump Steaks have damaged your palate....  But then I am an acquired taste.  :smokin:

:beer:

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 11:17:06 pm »
All Those Trump Steaks have damaged your palate....  But then I am an acquired taste.  :smokin:

:beer:

Clever ... (and no, I've not had Trump steaks  ^-^ )    :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »
I respectfully disagree with your conclusion.  Donald Trump is an American patriot to his core.

Look (objectively) at what Trump plans on accomplishing.  But first, at least recognize that he has left a lifestyle you and I can only imagine to tackle the problems facing this nation that no one else has the guts or the freedom from PACs and special interest groups to do: 

Expand the job market with smart trade deals that protect and enhance American interests; "NO!" to TPP.  Reduce tax burden of businesses, including investment in growth strategies. 

Secure our borders- because without them we cannot be a nation. 

Stop the open admission of people from the Middle Eastern countries who have vowed our destruction - - - until and unless they can be properly and effectively vetted. In the meantime... help fund a safe zone in the Middle East for Muslim "refugees" from Syria. 

Stop funding PP abortions while preserving health care services for women.  Rebuild our infrastructure.

Revise NATO to meet the needs of the 21st century - - -   finally with equitable cost-sharing.

Rebuild our military so we never have to use it.

Continue to expose political correctness for what it is and beat it back to the stone age so we can focus on the business of uniting the American people.

This is a long way to saying:  Donald Trump is out to protect and advance the American people and the American geopolitical position in this world.

Trump is not going to create jobs by imposing tariffs.  He will cost jobs, wreck the stock market and likely cause a recession.  The WTO will give every country in the world permission to retaliate, and they will.  Trump is an economic ignoramus and knows that he's dangling this as boob bait for you bubbas. The only person who thinks tariff will work is Pat Buchanan, and he's wrong about everything.

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 11:55:52 pm »
Trump is not going to create jobs by imposing tariffs.  He will cost jobs, wreck the stock market and likely cause a recession.  The WTO will give every country in the world permission to retaliate, and they will.  Trump is an economic ignoramus and knows that he's dangling this as boob bait for you bubbas. The only person who thinks tariff will work is Pat Buchanan, and he's wrong about everything.

Well.. first---tariffs worked for Reagan, a few times.

But, back to topic, exhale, Sink.  Think outside the box.  Think of this as an incentive for US based companies to stay in the United States where American citizens can have jobs.  And if US companies don't take the incentive, they will pay the price.

Outside the box, Sink.....come outside the box.   ^-^