Author Topic: Poll: Stopping Hillary Is The Top Reason Why Voters Will Back Trump  (Read 844 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/05/06/poll-stopping-hillary-is-the-top-reason-why-voters-will-back-trump-n2159102

Poll: Stopping Hillary Is The Top Reason Why Voters Will Back Trump
Matt Vespa

Posted: May 06, 2016 4:28 PM

Well, the number one reason why voters will vote for Donald Trump is to stop Hillary Clinton. The problem is that on the other side, the main reason they’re voting for Clinton is to prevent Trump from moving into the White House. So, while there may have been reports about Democratic turnout being lower in the primaries, more importantly the drop in enthusiasm—it would appear Mr. Trump might be the antidote (via Reuters):

About 47 percent of Trump supporters said they backed him primarily because they don't want Clinton to win. Another 43 percent said their primary motivation was a liking for Trump's political positions, while 6 percent said they liked him personally.

Similar responses prevailed among Clinton supporters.

About 46 percent said they would vote for her mostly because they don’t want to see a Trump presidency, while 40 percent said they agreed with her political positions, and 11 percent said they liked her personally.

The April 29-May 5 poll included 469 likely Trump voters and 599 likely Clinton voters. It has a credibility interval of 5 percentage points.

[…]

But the negative atmosphere is likely to reign, says Alan Abramowitz, an Emory University professor who has studied the rise of negative partisanship in America.

Both campaigns probably will decide their best strategy is to work even harder to vilify each other, he said.

[…]

A 2014 study by Pew Research Center found that Democrats and Republicans have shown increasingly negative views toward each other over the past few decades. In 2014 more than a quarter of Democrats, and more than a third of Republicans, viewed the opposition as "a threat to the nation’s well-being."

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
About 47 percent of Trump supporters said they backed him primarily because they don't want Clinton to win. Another 43 percent said their primary motivation was a liking for Trump's political positions, while 6 percent said they liked him personally.

Wait until they find out he never has had any intention to stop Hillary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Who knew Georgia was a swing state?

andrew kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew  5m5 minutes ago
Georgia poll: Trump 42, Clinton 41

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/poll-georgians-largely-undecided-about-presidential-race/265867522
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Hillary's well funded Super PAC's will give voters plenty of reason to stop Trump. And Trump in nearly every thing he says and does has given her plenty of ammunition.  Short of the Justice Department catching up to her, I don't see an easy road ahead for the Donald.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

Yeah.  Good luck with that one.  As far as I'm concerned, no matter who wins we end up with another corrupt liberal in the Whitehouse. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is a lesser-of-two-evils election for just about everyone.   Half my friends despise Hillary, it's just that Trump is worse.   And the other half know that Trump is nuts, it's just that Hillary is worse.

Which camp are you in?   Boy it sucks to have such choices.

There's been no better time in a century for a third party to emerge.   How can we have a score of good candidates to choose from,  and end up with the two that folks hate the most?    The corrupt establishment liberal vs.  the fakakta demagogue?

We will get what we deserve.   

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:01:13 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

Hillary's well funded Super PAC's will give voters plenty of reason to stop Trump. And Trump in nearly every thing he says and does has given her plenty of ammunition.  Short of the Justice Department catching up to her, I don't see an easy road ahead for the Donald.
Yes those attack ads worked so well to stop Trump...
Then when this is a the type of democrat attack ad put out it helps Trump.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-scorches-trump-with-brutal-new-ad/article/2590455
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline NavyCanDo

Which camp are you in?   Boy it sucks to have such choices.

There's been no better time in a century for a third party to emerge.   How can we have a score of good candidates to choose from.

My favorite conservative radio show host, Michael Medved has forever called Libertarians "Losertarians". He said on his show the other day, that he will no longer call that party that name seeing how it may be the only way out for the only true conservatives left.  The Libertarian Party may not be the best answer, because I have some issues with their platform, but maybe a new conservative party will emerge out of the ashes of the Republican party.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tere is only one perfect candidate (yourself) and he ain't runnin! Therefore we need to find the least imperfect candidate who is running!  Right now that would be Gary Johnson for me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien