Author Topic: Romney meets with leader of third-party effort  (Read 818 times)

A-Lert

Romney meets with leader of third-party effort
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:19:59 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279088-romney-meets-with-leader-of-third-party-effort

Romney meets with leader of third-party effort

Mitt Romney met this week with William Kristol, who is pushing for a third-party alternative to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

“He came pretty close to being elected president so I thought he may consider doing it, especially since he has been very forthright in explaining why Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton should not be president of the United States,” Kristol told the Washington Post Friday.

Kristol, editor of the conservative Weekly Standard, told the Post that he and Romney had met on Thursday in D.C.

Romney said Thursday at an event after the meeting that he would not vote for Trump, now the presumptive nominee, or Clinton.

“I don’t intend on support either of the major party candidates at this point,” he said, according to the Washington Examiner. And Romney plans to skip the convention this summer, along with many other prominent Republicans.

Romney reappeared in the political spotlight earlier this year to bash Trump, calling him "phony" and "a fraud," and was supportive of both Marco Rubio and John Kasich in their respective home-state primaries.

A-Lert

Re: Romney meets with leader of third-party effort
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:21:59 am »
"The Stupid Party"....When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:33:10 am »
I really really dislike Romney and wish I had never wasted my vote on him. Go Trump show them you can do what he never could.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 01:04:50 pm »
Please, not Romney.  That'll make three left leaning candidates.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »
"The Stupid Party"....When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?
Well it appears they will nominate a narcissistic knuckle-dragging big-government statist, so I'm guessing they won't  :chairbang:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 01:12:13 pm »
A third party bid will be necessary only if Trump makes it so.   Trump's the presumptive nominee -  he's got about two months  to demonstrate party leadership.  If he can't or won't,  it's crucial to prepare for a third party option.    Is Trump serious or a clown?   It's Trump's choice,  and the need for a third party will flow from the choice he makes.   As for me,  I'd be pleased to vote again for Mitt Romney.  The last four years would have been a heck of a lot different if a few more of us had.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »
   Is Trump serious or a clown? 

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin