Author Topic: The GOP's 24-hour meltdown  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The GOP's 24-hour meltdown
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:12 pm »
Delegates used to have the option to go rogue.

Present rules don't allow that. If a delegate votes in a manner that violates a rule of their state's party, their vote is voided and a vote is cast that is in accordance with the state.

That is totally incorrect! That rule was done away with long ago! The article at the link below explains it all.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/blbennett/2016/05/04/delegates-may-vote-trump-first-ballot./
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 02:08:57 pm »
That is totally incorrect! That rule was done away with long ago! The article at the link below explains it all.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/blbennett/2016/05/04/delegates-may-vote-trump-first-ballot./

Thanks! Good info!  :beer: :patriot:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 02:15:57 pm »

I believe Trump is a manchurian candidate who's been doing the bidding of the Clinton's the whole time. He will purposely self-destruct to hand the White House to Clinton. I'm sure there is a quid pro quo involved.  :chairbang:

You are correct.  Trump probably checks in with the Clintons to stratergize.  He probably says, "can you believe those idiots?  They actually believe I am a conservative Republican".  They laugh and laugh and make dinner plans.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 02:17:26 pm »

Thanks! Good info!  :beer: :patriot:

I thought about posting that article here as a stand alone thread but decided against it.  Wouldn't want to upset the Trumppets!  ^-^
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 06:19:47 pm »

I believe Trump is a manchurian candidate who's been doing the bidding of the Clinton's the whole time. He will purposely self-destruct to hand the White House to Clinton. I'm sure there is a quid pro quo involved.  :chairbang:

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:31:06 pm by BigHomer »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 08:20:40 pm »
Trump supporters..sigh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

Mark "Oz" Geist, member of the security team which responded to the 2012 Benghazi attack

John "TIG" Tiegen, member of the security team which responded to the 2012 Benghazi attack

If you knew anything at all, you'd be embarrassed.