Author Topic: First on CNN: Cheney says he will support Trump  (Read 1278 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First on CNN: Cheney says he will support Trump
« on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/politics/dick-cheney-donald-trump/

By Tom LoBianco, CNN

Updated 2:28 PM ET, Fri May 6, 2016

Washington (CNN)Former Vice President Dick Cheney will support Donald Trump, he told CNN Friday, an important move as the presumptive Republican nominee is encountering intense resistance from senior members of his own party.

Cheney told CNN Special Correspondent Jamie Gangel that he has always supported the GOP nominee and will do so this year as well.

The announcement makes Cheney one of the few Republican Party elders to announce their support of Trump and comes a day after House Speaker Paul Ryan told CNN he is "just not ready" to back Trump.

Former President George W. Bush, who Cheney served, said this week he would skip this summer's Republican convention where Trump will be formally nominated. Former President George H.W. Bush and John McCain and Mitt Romney, the GOP's 2008 and 2012 nominees, also don't plan to attend the convention.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, meanwhile, said Friday he would sit this election out because he can't bring himself to vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Graham said he was a "little bit" surprised when informed by CNN's Dana Bash that Cheney was supporting Trump.
"Dick Cheney's a great man. We see the world a lot alike when it comes to foreign policy. I can understand when people want to support the nominee of the Republican Party. I would like to be able to do that, but I just can't," Graham said.

"Maybe I'm the outlier here. Probably am. There'll be Democrats who can't support Hillary Clinton, and you know some of them will hold their nose and vote for her. Some of them will do it enthusiastically."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: First on CNN: Cheney says he will support Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 08:27:30 pm »
Cheney told CNN Special Correspondent Jamie Gangel that he has always supported the GOP nominee and will do so this year as well.

Well I feel the same way..I have never not voted in a Presidential election since my first vote for Nixon......but please Mr. Trump change your stance on PP to make it easier for me.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 09:04:36 pm »
Well I feel the same way..I have never not voted in a Presidential election since my first vote for Nixon......but please Mr. Trump change your stance on PP to make it easier for me.

Trump doesn't support abortion and says he'd defund Planned Parenthood. He simply gives recognition to the fact that they do a lot more than help women get abortions. Trump's comments on Planned Parenthood were taken out of context to paint a narrative that isn't true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KKfRuShuc8
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:09:02 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 11:33:54 pm »
 :th_10444:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 12:24:18 am »
Okay.  Doesn't persuade me one iota.  Cheney turned into a liberal over the years.  His opinion means nothing to me.

He's supports the law of the sea treaty.   Time for him to ride into the sunset
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:25:40 am »
Trump doesn't support abortion and says he'd defund Planned Parenthood. He simply gives recognition to the fact that they do a lot more than help women get abortions. Trump's comments on Planned Parenthood were taken out of context to paint a narrative that isn't true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KKfRuShuc8

Sorry his comments were not taken out of context
  Wonderful is wonderful

Offline Dexter

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 01:27:31 am »
Sorry his comments were not taken out of context
  Wonderful is wonderful

He doesn't support abortion.
-Socrates

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 01:43:09 am »

He's has in the past.  He recently said they (PP) do many wonderful things.  He flops on a lot of issues.   I don't trust him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 01:49:04 am »
Liz Cheney's running for Congress from Wyoming.  He'd do anything for his children so that's what prompted this, I'd guess.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 01:49:21 am »
He's has in the past

Correct.

He recently said they (PP) do many wonderful things.     

You can't logically argue that Planned Parenthood doesn't offer a lot of other services that help women.

He flops on a lot of issues.

He has changed a lot of his positions.

I don't trust him.

Fair enough.
-Socrates

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 01:53:15 am »
Correct.

You can't logically argue that Planned Parenthood doesn't offer a lot of other services that help women.

He has changed a lot of his positions.

Fair enough.

Those services are available in a host of other places.

In general I don't extoll the virtues of people who have had a major hand in the murder of 55 million babies.  Who also happen to sell the parts of those babies.

Yep baby murderers deserve nothing but condemnation.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:53:58 am »

Interesting. I couldn't find a single quote from Trump prior to last June when he began running for president that he was against abortion.  He said, as you know, in 1999 that he was VERY pro-choice, even approving partial birth abortion.  His conversion seems very convenient, especially given his brain-dead answer to Chris Matthews  where he advocated punishing women for procuring abortions.

I suspect your wouldn't care if he was pro-choice.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 01:56:18 am »
Those services are available in a host of other places.

Maybe that's why he's okay with defunding Planned Parenthood.

-Socrates

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:17 am »
Okay.  Doesn't persuade me one iota.  Cheney turned into a liberal over the years.  His opinion means nothing to me.

If Cruz were the nominee and Cheney gave him an endorsement you'd be genuflecting. Face it, any Republican who supports Trump you'll ridicule.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:46 am »
Maybe that's why he's okay with defunding Planned Parenthood.

But he's not.  He only said he would defund the abortion part.   He would fund the rest.

This is a recent change.  Previously he was very pro choice.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:02 am »
Interesting. I couldn't find a single quote from Trump prior to last June when he began running for president that he was against abortion.  He said, as you know, in 1999 that he was VERY pro-choice, even approving partial birth abortion.  His conversion seems very convenient, especially given his brain-dead answer to Chris Matthews  where he advocated punishing women for procuring abortions.

You think he's lying. You might be right; nobody knows but him.

I suspect you wouldn't care if he was pro-choice.

Society is more and more okay with abortion being an option for women. I'm really not sure how I feel about the issue because I understand arguments made by both sides, but I have accepted that widespread tolerance of it is inevitable. It's not an issue I give a lot of thought to.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:04:23 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 02:03:01 am »
But he's not.  He only said he would defund the abortion part.   He would fund the rest.

This is a recent change.  Previously he was very pro choice.

That's exactly what he said....I've heard him say it numerous times and I get mad every time I hear it....aside from being an abortion mill PP does wonderful things for women....
Support the USO

Offline Dexter

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 02:05:35 am »
But he's not.  He only said he would defund the abortion part.

You wouldn't be okay with just the abortion part going away? Shut down the cancer checkups and other services as well?
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 02:07:51 am »
You wouldn't be okay with just the abortion part going away? Shut down the cancer checkups and other services as well?

Money's fungible. I suspect, without the abortions, PP would have to close up shop.

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 02:08:12 am »

I suspect your wouldn't care if he was pro-choice.

I would prefer people be responsible. It's not like contraception is unavailable. The SCOTUS is the arbiter of the abortion issue. Abortion personally disgusts me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 02:11:42 am »
I would prefer people be responsible. It's not like contraception is unavailable. The SCOTUS is the arbiter of the abortion issue. Abortion personally disgusts me.

Good for you.  It doesn't disgust Trump.  He refused to deny that he'd ever dated a woman who later had to have an abortion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 02:13:36 am »

Even if he said he changed his stance on PP, he wouldn't mean it.

He's a hard core liberal on life issues.  He supports abortion, and even partial birth abortion.

For me it doesn't matter what he says from now on.  His positions are crystal clear.

He's a full court Progressive, and a pathological liar.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 02:13:46 am »
PP was created for the sole purpose of birth control.

You need birth control advice or pills your local doctor or clinic provides that as well as cancer screenings.

You go to PP for an abortion...which is their main business.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 02:15:45 am »

Planned Parenthood would collapse if they didn't murder millions of babies.

Every other "service" they do is done in multiple other places.

They are completely unnecessary and there is no way in all the world that taxpayers should fund a demonic organization that sells babies' body parts for profit.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 02:17:04 am »
If Trump would come out tomorrow and say...I am going to stop funding PP and sic the AG on them for violating the laws of mutilating babies and selling body parts I will happily support him.....right now not so much..
Support the USO