Author Topic: Mayor Bill de Blasio Tells New Yorkers To Boycott Chick-fil-A  (Read 1427 times)

rangerrebew

Mayor Bill de Blasio Tells New Yorkers To Boycott Chick-fil-A

http://downtrend.com/71superb/mayor-bill-de-blasio-tells-new-yorkers-to-boycott-chick-fil-a

May 5, 2016| by Brian Anderson

Years ago, the company that owns the Chick-fil-A franchise donated money to Christian groups that were opposed to same-sex marriage. They have since stopped and have a company policy to treat all people regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation with respect. But hey, whatever. Whiny liberals and the whinier gay community are convinced the company is anti-LGBT and are calling for a boycott of a new restaurant opening in New York City. That boycott is also favored by the leftist Mayor Bill de Blasio.

DNAinfo reports that a new Chick-fil-A is scheduled to open in Queens in the fall. There are already 3 Chick-fil-As in Manhattan, but for some reason this Queens location has the queens and their enablers freaking out.

Mayor de Blasio was giving a press conference on something liberal but unrelated to fast food when he couldn’t resist slamming a reputable company that employs people in the city and pays taxes:

“What the ownership of Chick-fil-A has said is wrong. I’m certainly not going to patronize them and I wouldn’t urge any other New Yorker to patronize them,” said de Blasio.

What exactly did the owners of Chick-fil-A say that was so wrong? Following the forced outrage over the company donating to Christian groups that opposed same-sex marriage, the company released this statement:

“We are a restaurant company focused on food, service and hospitality; our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

After they stopped giving money to these organizations, they also said that they will, “remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas” and “will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation.”

This non-controversy was over 4 years ago. No one has ever proven or even alleged that Chick-fil-A discriminates against gay people.

What was wrong to say was de Blasio making a joke about how lazy “colored people” are. It was also wrong for the Mayor of NYC to call for a boycott of a company based on complete and utter bullshit. He’s a liberal though, and they have different rules for wrong and right.

Somewhere across town another liberal NYC politician was calling for a similar boycott. Councilman Danny Dromm issued a factually-challenged statement which reads in part:

Chick-fil-A is anti-LGBT. This group imparts a strong anti-LGBT message by forcing their employees and volunteers to adhere to a policy that prohibits same-sex love. It is outrageous that Chick-fil-A is quietly spreading its message of hate by funding these types of organizations.

Again, Chick-fil-A no longer donates money to any group with a political agenda and they certainly do not have an anti-LGBT policy, now or at any time in their existence. Where does he get the idea that the company forces its employees to reject same sex love? Oh yeah, he’s a liberal and just makes shit up to suit his manufactured outrage and leftist delusions.

Liberals are almost never held accountable for the lies they spew, but I think it would be great if Chick-fil-A sued these two for slander. Mayor de Blasio telling New Yorkers to boycott the restaurant based on untrue information is an effort by an elected official to hurt the company financially. The crap that Dromm said is just straight up lies. The company would win a lawsuit against these two clowns very easily.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:25:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Mayor Bill de Blasio Tells New Yorkers To Boycott Chick-fil-A
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:30:02 pm »
I work near the Liberty Place food court here in Philly.   The Chick-Fil-A always has a long line, while the other fast food outlets go begging.   For seven bucks, their chicken sandwich and waffle fries can't be beat.  Maybe I'll patronize 'em today just to annoy Comrade De Blasio.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:38:37 pm »
Yo Billy de Bozo...I seem to recall the last call for a C-F-A boycott was a rousing success.    :silly:

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:53:22 pm »
He would, however, like everyone to buy some dynamite for any ISIS terrorists people may come across. 10631

Offline bob434

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:48:42 pm »
Better yet- Boycott NY and ONLY go there to eat at Chik-Fil-A- but don't use NY bathrooms when you are there-

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 07:03:54 pm »
Yo Billy de Bozo...I seem to recall the last call for a C-F-A boycott was a rousing success.    :silly:

I'm sure Chik-Fil-A is still trying to figure out how to spend the profits from the last boycott.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 07:10:00 pm »
Sounds like NYC doesn't have any other pressing problems of the day, so it's time to manufacture some outrage to deflect attention...

I loathe liberals... :chairbang:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
I'm bummed out  ..3 giant malls where I live with every restaurant known to man but no Chik-Fil_-A  :(

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 12:38:55 pm »
Sounds like NYC doesn't have any other pressing problems of the day, so it's time to manufacture some outrage to deflect attention...

I loathe liberals... :chairbang:

The mayor has only one pressing problem, the institutionalization of communism in NY.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »
He's Trumps kind of mayor

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 01:37:54 pm »
If it wasn't for the museums, I wouldn't go into NYC at all. When I was little, my mom took me to Broadway plays and my father took me to Yankee games but now- who can even afford those things?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️