Author Topic: Poll: Republicans want party more like Trump, not Ryan  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Poll: Republicans want party more like Trump, not Ryan
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:25:37 pm »
Poll: Republicans want party more like Trump, not Ryan

Donald Trump entered his pow wow with House Speaker Paul Ryan Thursday in the driver's seat, emboldened by a new poll that shows voters want the Republican Party to be more like the real estate tycoon, not the 2012 vice presidential nominee.

Rasmussen reported: "Nearly half (47%) of GOP voters now believe the Republican Party should be more like Trump than like Ryan. Thirty-two percent (32%) disagree and say the GOP should be more like Ryan. Seventeen percent (17%) opt for neither."

The poll is a huge demonstration that Republican voters are not only upset with Washington and Ryan's refusal to endorse the likely GOP presidential nominee, but also are growing wild about Trump.

The poll also showed that 76 percent of Republican voters believe Congress has lost touch with the public.

And the proof of that is the polls findings that many Americans really don't care what Ryan thinks about Trump.

"Thirty-two percent (32%) of likely U.S. voters say it is important to their vote in the upcoming presidential election that Ryan endorses Trump, but that includes only 18% who think it's 'Very Important.' The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 62% rate Ryan's endorsement as unimportant to their vote, with 36% who say it's 'Not At All Important.'" said the survey.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-republicans-want-party-more-like-trump-not-ryan/article/2591126

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Poll: Republicans want party more like Trump, not Ryan
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:28:02 pm »
Fascist or Democrat?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:30:17 pm »
This election is boiling down to the establishment of both parties, the donor class, and the people they have hooked on the dole against the American people.

That’s pretty much it...and Donald Trump by connecting with the people’s frustration has made this happen.

He is a populous, often crass and profane...but I believe he sincerely want to help America turn around and has been saying the things that tens of millions feel will help make that happen.

He is not strictly a conservative or a constitutionalist...though his stated policies are far more conservative than any of the GOPe candidates he defeated.

More GOP Primary voters voted for him than any other GOP Primary presidential candidate in history...so yes, the party...as in the voters...want this to happen.

I believe there are tens of millions of Democrats and independents want it to happen too. He will tie into them as well and they will cross over and vote for him.

I believe it is going to be more than enough...I pray with all my heart and will work to help it happen.

Anyhow...just my thoughts.

5 posted on Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:18:06 AM by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
Just confirms my departure from the Republican Party.  Any party that thinks Trumpism is the wave of the future is no place for me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 03:43:50 pm »
I vote neither.  I want it more like Cruz.

:amen: :amen: :amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:51:39 pm »

Hillary = Obama
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »
[Nearly half (47%) of GOP voters now believe the Republican Party should be more like Trump than like Ryan. ]

Only 47%?  I guess the party isn't exactly unifying behind Trump.  He and his surrogates are going to have to do more bullying I guess.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:18:32 pm by Eowyn »

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »
I vote neither.  I want it more like Cruz.

Me too!