Author Topic: Rick Perry: I Support Trump and Would Be His VP  (Read 647 times)

HAPPY2BME

Rick Perry: I Support Trump and Would Be His VP
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:09:02 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rick-perry-supports-donald-trump/2016/05/05/id/727479/

By Cathy Burke   |   Thursday, 05 May 2016 07:58 PM

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry says he'll support Donald Trump as the Republican presidential nominee – and would consider sharing the ticket as his vice president, CNN reports.

In a telephone interview Thursday, Perry – an early dropout in the GOP presidential primary who once called his rival a "cancer on conservatism" – conceded the brash billionaire "is not a perfect man."

"But what I do believe is that he loves this country and he will surround himself with capable, experienced people and he will listen to them," Perry tells CNN.

And he'd be open to being among Trump's inner circle – as his running mate.

"I am going to be open to any way I can help. I am not going to say no," Perry tells CNN.

The former governor said what he won't consider is a third-party candidacy, a notion he called "quixotic."

"I believe in the process, and the process has said Donald Trump will be our nominee and I'm going to support him and help him and do what I can," Perry said. "He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen."

A-Lert

Re: Rick Perry: I Support Trump and Would Be His VP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 07:17:04 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rick-perry-supports-donald-trump/2016/05/05/id/727479/

By Cathy Burke   |   Thursday, 05 May 2016 07:58 PM

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry says he'll support Donald Trump as the Republican presidential nominee – and would consider sharing the ticket as his vice president, CNN reports.

In a telephone interview Thursday, Perry – an early dropout in the GOP presidential primary who once called his rival a "cancer on conservatism" – conceded the brash billionaire "is not a perfect man."

"But what I do believe is that he loves this country and he will surround himself with capable, experienced people and he will listen to them," Perry tells CNN.

And he'd be open to being among Trump's inner circle – as his running mate.

"I am going to be open to any way I can help. I am not going to say no," Perry tells CNN.

The former governor said what he won't consider is a third-party candidacy, a notion he called "quixotic."

"I believe in the process, and the process has said Donald Trump will be our nominee and I'm going to support him and help him and do what I can," Perry said. "He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen."

The tsunami is picking up speed.

Texas GOP Starts To Rally Behind Trump As Nominee

By Patrick Svitek Texas Tribune • 22 hours ago

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:39:14 pm »
Rick Perry was an excellent governor of Texas and served his constituents well.  However, I took issue with Perry's push for the Trans Texas Corridor which was to be part of the NAFTA Superhighway and the North American Union.

It doesn't surprise me that Perry has endorsed Trump as I have no doubt that we will see a North American Union. Perry didn't do well that past several elections and I'm not so sure his endorsement of Trump means all that much. 

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »
Rick Perry was an excellent governor of Texas and served his constituents well.  However, I took issue with Perry's push for the Trans Texas Corridor which was to be part of the NAFTA Superhighway and the North American Union.

It doesn't surprise me that Perry has endorsed Trump as I have no doubt that we will see a North American Union. Perry didn't do well that past several elections and I'm not so sure his endorsement of Trump means all that much. 

#NeverTrump

Perry's bored and needs a job.  I'm predicting that Trump will win Texas, but by half of what Romney won it in 2012.  So that means a five point win. Hispanics will turn out for Hillary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »
Damn.  Rick's hair took his brain out for a walk again. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 10:11:12 pm »

If they both go about wearing glasses that make them both look smart, I think they can win.

Personal attack or not, that was funny, like something you'd hear at a roast that Trump said about Perry. Some of those other things on that list might be mean spirited.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:30 pm »
Perry would not be a bad choice but it does not seem it would be that much of an aid strategically.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 10:24:22 pm »
I really admire Governor Perry.  He was my number 1 pick at the start of this race.  Tapping him as VP would go a long way towards unifying the GOP.