Author Topic: #NeverTrumpers: While Hillary is decimating America, they can shriek ‘Don’t blame us!”  (Read 10576 times)

Offline sinkspur

Dear #Never Trumps

You do realize you painted yourselves into a lose-lose position.

If Trumps wins you are seen as politically impotent and irrelevant. If Trump loses, everyone on our side is going to be pointing at you people as the cause.

There is no upside for you morons here. Perhaps you should just finally be honest and call yourselves what you are. The Petulance Party. Your party symbol will be a Crying Baby.

Your insults don't matter to me, Johnnie.  Don't you have an early bird special down at the Luby's to catch?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

You keep kidding yourself Sink. In real life, actions have consequences. You people are going all in politically with a guaranteed losing hand. There is no win in this for you guys. Smart players know when to fold. There is always the next round. Dumb players double down and go home beaten and broke
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:50:43 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline sinkspur

Action have consequences. Make no mistake, you all will be held to account. You do not get to play the fool then blame everyone else for your actions. Real Life doesn't work that way

What are you gonna do, Johnnie?  Throw your dentures at me?

Offline flowers

Yep hes so weak he defeated 16 of the GOP Strongest and already has more votes then Romney did. Oh and the fact his America first theme is the one Americans prefer the most makes him really weak...
As I just posted....If Cruz was supposed to beat Hillary in the GEneral, how come he couldn't beat Trump in these primaries? 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OMG .. this is THE quintessential neverTrump!!!

Thanks for posting.  I've haven't laughed so hard .... well, ---  since Tuesday   :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

You keep kidding yourself Sink. In real life, actions have consequences. You people are going all in politically with a guaranteed losing hand. There is no win in this for you guys. Smart players know when to fold. There is always the next round. Dumb players double down and go home beaten and broke

This is not about "winning." If it was, I'd vote for Trump.

It's about conscience with me.  I cannot vote for a man I have zero respect for.  And I won't.

Offline GAJohnnie

Well, as a practical matter, most "NeverTrumpers" live in states that are pretty well set as red or blue.  So for many, it is simply a matter of conscience that will not affect the outcome of the election.

On the other hand, someone in a swing state may have a different calculus.  I'm in Ohio, for example.

Until the next time you try to do something in politics and everyone remember how you decided to play the fool in 2016 and you get shown the door. Politics is a coalition of interests working together. Being a petulant whining clown because you lost an election 2016 is a one way ticket to irrelevance street.

Offline Relic

Dear #Never Trumps

You do realize you painted yourselves into a lose-lose position.

If Trumps wins you are seen as politically impotent and irrelevant. If Trump loses, everyone on our side is going to be pointing at you people as the cause.

There is no upside for you morons here. Perhaps you should just finally be honest and call yourselves what you are. The Petulance Party. Your party symbol will be a Crying Baby.

That is an excellent point. The #nevertrump crowd has taken a no win position.

Offline ScottinVA

Yep hes so weak he defeated 16 of the GOP Strongest and already has more votes then Romney did. Oh and the fact his America first theme is the one Americans prefer the most makes him really weak...

Trump won the plurality in what was largely a crowded GOP field.  Let's not delude ourselves by trying to translate that into a general election majority.  This attempt to pre-spin the November train wreck toward blaming those who oppose Trump deflects from where the blame really lies: A detestable candidate with astronomically high disapproval ratings across nearly every demographic, and those who abetted his rise.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:57:12 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How would Cruz beat Hillary when he couldn't even beat Trump?

Offline sinkspur

Until the next time you try to do something in politics and everyone remember how you decided to play the fool in 2016 and you get shown the door. Politics is a coalition of interests working together. Being a petulant whining clown because you lost an election 2016 is a one way ticket to irrelevance street.

I vote. That's all I "do" in politics.

This is a dumb post, even for you.

Offline GAJohnnie

I beg to differ.  We were put in a "lose/lose" proposition the moment it became clear Trump and Hillary would be the nominees.

Nonsense. Trump has Gingrich, Sessions and other Conservatives advuising him. Clinton has NO Conservatives advising her.

NO one gets 100% of what they want in poltiics. You merely make the best use of the tools you have. Sitting in the corner crying because you did not get your way in an election is petulance, not principal.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Trump supporters threw a temper tantrum. They allowed themselves to be carried away on a wave of emotional populist rhetoric. Now they are having buyer's remorse, having painted themselves into a corner and are already making excuses for their error in judgement. You said to people who did not support your candidate, "screw you and your conscience." Well, sorry/not sorry. This is your problem. Not ours.

Offline Relic

Trump won the plurality in what was largely a crowded GOP field.  Let's not delude ourselves by trying to translate that into a general election majority.  This attempt to pre-spin the November train wreck toward blaming those who oppose Trump deflects from where the blame really lies: A detestable candidate with astronomically high disapproval ratings across nearly every demographic, and those who abetted his rise.

I am taking a pragmatic approach. I dislike Trump, a lot. But, I'll take the chance on Trump versus what I'm guaranteed with Hillary.

Trump did win, like it or not.

Where is all the pragmatism the moderates called for when they jammed Dole, Bush, McCain and Romney down our throats?

Offline bolobaby

Do you know what I've discovered about Trumpettes? They are like the homosexual agenda crowd. Deep down, they KNOW what they are doing is wrong, so they flail around continuously seeking to "convert" people to their view that what they are doing is proper. They are desperate for validation by having everyone join them on their side of the argument. It becomes an obsession - they can't be happy unless everyone says, "You're right! We were wrong!" This is largely because if they DON'T have this external validation, their whole way of life is exposed for what it is.

Just like the Trump crowd. Without converting the #NeverTrump folks, they will be exposed for having supported a fraud and handing the presidency to Clinton. If they DO convert the #NeverTrump folks, then they won't be alone in their wrongness - everyone will be with them.

I get it - you desperately want to be validated for your stupid choice for president.

Seek validation elsewhere.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Relic

Trump supporters threw a temper tantrum. They allowed themselves to be carried away on a wave of emotional populist rhetoric. Now they are having buyer's remorse, having painted themselves into a corner and are already making excuses for their error in judgement. You said to people who did not support your candidate, "screw you and your conscience." Well, sorry/not sorry. This is your problem. Not ours.

Unless you're leaving the country, it's your problem too. Sorry/not sorry.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mesaclone

The #AlwaysHillary bunch is adamant...they want her in the White House no matter what.

In their delusion, this will teach the majority of Republicans that they should pick their candidates ONLY from the extreme right wing of our party...the Evangelist types. And if they don't get their way, they'll blow up the whole baby. They are zealots, and their political path is the way to keep shrinking the party until all that's left is a hard core of fire-breathing Baptists wearing aluminum foil conspiracy hats (they block the alien mind control rays).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Unless you're leaving the country, it's your problem too. Sorry/not sorry.

Actually, no. Because I have faith in the United States that extends beyond 2016. It's Trump supporters who despaired to the point that they panicked and generated a movement comprised of mass hysteria. 

Silver Pines

Trump supporters told us over and over that they didn't need our votes, and affirmed it by their behavior.  But now, they're pre-insulating themselves against Trump's loss in November by blaming us for not doing what they said they didn't want in the first place.

It's simple.  We spent months telling you, "This guy can't win.  He's a disaster in the making.  If you insist on him, we won't support him."  You wouldn't listen to any of it.  So, as my grandmother used to say, "If you can't hear, you can feel." 

The bottom line is that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I voted for Trump.  He'll be as bad as Hillary, and I find him utterly repellent besides.  You folks bought and paid for this situation,  so I guess you're going to have to deal with it.

Offline sinkspur

The #AlwaysHillary bunch is adamant...they want her in the White House no matter what.

In their delusion, this will teach the majority of Republicans that they should pick their candidates ONLY from the extreme right wing of our party...the Evangelist types. And if they don't get their way, they'll blow up the whole baby. They are zealots, and their political path is the way to keep shrinking the party until all that's left is a hard core of fire-breathing Baptists wearing aluminum foil conspiracy hats (they block the alien mind control rays).

Trump says he doesn't need us.  So why do you care what we do?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

Trump ran the nastiest, dirtiest, sleaziest primary campaign in memory.

I would never lift a finger for him.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Do you know what I've discovered about Trumpettes? They are like the homosexual agenda crowd. Deep down, they KNOW what they are doing is wrong, so they flail around continuously seeking to "convert" people to their view that what they are doing is proper. They are desperate for validation by having everyone join them on their side of the argument. It becomes an obsession - they can't be happy unless everyone says, "You're right! We were wrong!" This is largely because if they DON'T have this external validation, their whole way of life is exposed for what it is.

Just like the Trump crowd. Without converting the #NeverTrump folks, they will be exposed for having supported a fraud and handing the presidency to Clinton. If they DO convert the #NeverTrump folks, then they won't be alone in their wrongness - everyone will be with them.

I get it - you desperately want to be validated for your stupid choice for president.

Seek validation elsewhere.

I do believe you've nailed it! Excellent post!
Let it burn.