Author Topic: #NeverTrumpers: While Hillary is decimating America, they can shriek ‘Don’t blame us!”  (Read 10593 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Your marriage turned into a meaningless husk once the SCOTUS sent out its ruling on SSM?

Amazing,ain't it? And here he had been thinking all along that his marriage had meaning because he and his wife both loved it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I would love to counter you point by point, but I see that the mod has ended this sidebar.

We are not free.
Liberty has responsibilities. Freedom has consequences.

Sorry to hear you are not free. I am.

Online roamer_1

HorseHillary! Trot your God out here and let him say so in public,or quit making this ridiculous claim.

Oh, he will, and soon.

As I said, the mod requested this sidebar be closed - So though I vehemently disagree with your statement(s), I will abstain.

Enjoy our descent into hedonism. It won't last long.

Offline LonestarDream

Exactly.  'force awareness...' is an odd choice of words and me running for the the tall grass.

'... force awareness.....'

You posted it to gloat and stroke your ego.

You want to silence the opposition.

#dontvote2016
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Thanks for backing me up on this.

That's the difference between the Trump Believers, and the Trump Realists.  The Believers are saying the former, and the Realists are saying the latter.

I think.  Possibly Believers are saying both, to the annoyance/embarassment of the Realists.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No, I am speaking to the definition of what marriage is.

In fact, marriage was first assaulted by no-fault divorce. Removing the aspect of covenant left it open to the absurdity of today.

Marriage has been evolving for many years, but the only meaningful definition of what marriage "is", is the one that is accepted by the two individuals entering into the union.

Nothing has changed the definition or nature of what Holy Matrimony is, however, many, many people, mostly heterosexual couples, want to enter into marriage without sanctifying that union by becoming husband and wife in a house of God, with the ceremony being performed by a member of the clergy.

So many people want to breach this subject from the point of view of what God intended marriage to be, while simultaneously accepting that a  marriage is something that can be entered into via a ceremony conducted in city hall by some clerk of unknown religious beliefs (or no religious beliefs at all), or in someone's backyard, or on a roller coaster ride at Six Flags, or while sky diving or as the final price in a TV reality show.

Heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage, and we have changed the definition of it at will.

It was in fact Martin Luther who (if you will) first pushed marriage down the fabled slippery slope everyone talks about:

“Marriage is a civic matter. It is really not, together with all its circumstances, the business of the church.”    - Martin Luther

Luther redefined marriage and took God out of it.

The rest is history.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:33:22 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Marriage has been evolving for many years, but the only meaningful definition of what marriage "is", is the one that is accepted by the two individuals entering into the union.

Nothing has changed the definition or nature of what Holy Matrimony is, however, many, many people, mostly heterosexual couples, want to enter into marriage without sanctifying that union by becoming husband and wife in a house of God, with the ceremony being performed by a member of the clergy.

So many people want to breach this subject from the point of view of what God intended marriage to be, while simultaneously accepting that a  marriage is something that can be entered into via a ceremony conducted in city hall by some clerk of unknown religious beliefs (or no religious beliefs at all), or in someone's backyard, or on a roller coaster ride at Six Flags, or while sky diving or as the final price in a TV reality show.

Heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage, and we have changed the definition of it at will.

It was in fact Martin Luther who (if you will) first pushed marriage down the fabled slippery slope everyone talks about:

“Marriage is a civic matter. It is really not, together with all its circumstances, the business of the church.”    - Martin Luther

The rest is history.

Well said, thanks for the info.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The rest is history.

Very true. The Catholic Church used to perform a great civic function by keeping accurate records of births and deaths. Given that it was always the eldest son that inherited all the property in old Europe,keeping accurate records of births,parentage,siblings,and deaths of the same prevented a lot of fighting and killing because the record could be looked at at any time and the beneficiary easily determined. And since the Catholic Church was a shadow government in all of Christianity at that time,there really was no arguing with city hall. Nobody that wanted to live took on the Pope.

Until Martin Luther got fed up with the Pope and Cardinals selling pardons to the rich so they could get into heaven,that is. That was the one step too far that led to the Reformation.

Online roamer_1

Luther redefined marriage and took God out of it. The rest is history.

that isn't right... But as I told others, the mods requested this particular sidebar closed. Hence, even yet, I will abstain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
that isn't right... But as I told others, the mods requested this particular sidebar closed. Hence, even yet, I will abstain.

Marriage is a civic matter. It is really not, together with all its circumstances, the business of the church.” - Martin Luther

Take it up with Martin Lurher.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mod2

Luis: Unless Luther still owes you money - drop it.

roamer_1: Thank you.  :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What a curious thread.

Trump supporters are both predicting a landslide victory by the Donald in Novermber and trying to assign fault for a November defeat on #NeverTrump.

And then Martin Luther gets the boot.

:huh?:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What a curious thread.

Trump supporters are both predicting a landslide victory by the Donald in Novermber and trying to assign fault for a November defeat on #NeverTrump.

And then Martin Luther gets the boot.

:huh?:

@sneakypete

LOL! There just ain't no telling where any of these threads will end up going,is there?

Might I suggest you start a thread about Martin Luther and the Reformation in the appropriate,if any,area?

Yet one more reason this site needs ping lists. You could have a Religious Issue and History ping list,and anyone interested in the subject could subscribe to it and get instant notification it existed when they signed in.

Not MY favorite subject,but there are a lot of people interested in the religious as well as the historical aspects.

BTW,PLEASE put "@sneakypete" in any such thread you might start so I can go to it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:40:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis: Unless Luther still owes you money - drop it.

roamer_1: Thank you.  :beer:

Papist...

:whistle:

Offline sinkspur

@sneakypete

LOL! There just ain't no telling where any of these threads will end up going,is there?

Might I suggest you start a thread about Martin Luther and the Reformation in the appropriate,if any,area?

Yet one more reason this site needs ping lists. You could have a Religious Issue and History ping list,and anyone interested in the subject could subscribe to it and get instant notification it existed when they signed in.

Not MY favorite subject,but there are a lot of people interested in the religious as well as the historical aspects.

BTW,PLEASE put "@sneakypete" in any such thread you might start so I can go to it.

There is no religion forum here and I, for one, am glad of it.  Some of the most brutal fights I was ever involved in were in the religion forum at FR.  Fights over God are really sad, but everybody thinks his idea of God or Church or faith or religion is the true one and they'll spar to the death over it.

TBR is much better off with no religious discussions.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mod1

Yes, it is. Let's get back on topic.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Actually, no.

YOu didn't answer the arguments I made that Trump is big government guy and has never spoken of making any part of government smaller.

Insults are fine. Donald Trump says so.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is no religion forum here and I, for one, am glad of it.  Some of the most brutal fights I was ever involved in were in the religion forum at FR.  Fights over God are really sad, but everybody thinks his idea of God or Church or faith or religion is the true one and they'll spar to the death over it.

I  disagree. I even originated the Religious Issues and History ping list on LF,and it worked great at both letting people interested know there was such a discussion going on and where,but it also kept those discussions off the regular threads.

ALL people are interested in what they are interested in,and they are going to write or talk about it. Give them a thread dedicated to whatever issue it is they are the most fond of,and that is where they will go to discuss it.

What ends up happening in everybody is happier because the true believers don't get insulted or distracted on threads of interest to them because nobody goes there by accident,and people not interested in religion don't have it clogging up threads they are interested in.

Win-Win.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:09:43 am by sneakypete »