Author Topic: #NeverTrumpers: While Hillary is decimating America, they can shriek ‘Don’t blame us!”  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Absolutely, they burned down the house and now complain we won't provide another house to build a Trump coalition.
You burned down the only house in town, folks.
You want another one?
Isn't Trump a builder of great buildings?
He better get on the job fast.

For months now, we "#NeverTrump" have been making the argument that, according to all available evidence (worst negatives of anyone running, upside down with women, minorities and a significant portion of GOP voters), Trump can't win the GE, but he was carried to the nomination by a combination of anger and non-Republican voters.

Now that the angry coalition has their unelectable candidate in the General Election, they're trying to preassign the guilt for the upcoming loss on those who've been arguing that he was the wrong man to be nominated to begin with.

That's some damned nerve.

Trump's is going to lose the GE because he won the nomination, and I didn't vote for him, so I hold no blame.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

For months now, we "#NeverTrump" have been making the argument that, according to all available evidence (worst negatives of anyone running, upside down with women, minorities and a significant portion of GOP voters), Trump can't win the GE, but he was carried to the nomination by a combination of anger and non-Republican voters.

Now that the angry coalition has their unelectable candidate in the General Election, they're trying to preassign the guilt for the upcoming loss on those who've been arguing that he was the wrong man to be nominated to begin with.

That's some damned nerve.

Trump's is going to lose the GE because he won the nomination, and I didn't vote for him, so I hold no blame.

When the obituary of Trump's disastrous GE campaign is written, we will discover, from Trump's own mouth, that this whole effort was about winning the nomination. 

He has no idea what he's going to do next.  Like the primary, he'll try to make it up as he goes along, but discover  a whole new ballgame.

He said it himself, tonight, in WV:  "I wish we were still in the primaries.  I love the primaries."   
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
When the obituary of Trump's disastrous GE campaign is written, we will discover, from Trump's own mouth, that this whole effort was about winning the nomination. 

He has no idea what he's going to do next.  Like the primary, he'll try to make it up as he goes along, but discover  a whole new ballgame.

He said it himself, tonight, in WV:  "I wish we were still in the primaries.  I love the primaries."   

The only thing worse than Trump losing in November, may be Trump winning.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Silver Pines

They are flailing around trying to convert you because your stubbornness is about to put Hillary in the White House.

Choosing a morally bankrupt liberal for the Republican nominee and expecting everyone to go along with it---when we told you over and over we would not---is about to put Hillary in the White House.

You made this mess.  We're not going to clean it up.

Silver Pines

Oh....and President Trump WILL make America great again.

This country has never been about personalities or demagogues.  One person cannot make America great.

Silver Pines

We all do, dear.  So please tell me what any President can do to change Planned Parenthood.

Thank.

@mlizzy

Well, you just said Trump will make America great, so where do his miraculous powers end?

Silver Pines

No he did not promise forward progress on homosexual rights. Those were not his words but the reporters. He dodged the bullet. Sorry but thats an untruth.

@geronl

O'Connell, who is also Bay Windows' Publisher, identified herself as a lesbian in a question that noted the progress the LGBT community has made in the last two decades and asked Trump if voters can expect him to continue that momentum if elected

"When President Trump is in office can we look for more forward motion on equality for gays and lesbians?" O'Connell asked him.

"Well, you can," Trump answered. "

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-promises-forward-motion-on-gay-equality#sthash.LQBWYgtv.dpuf

Offline Mechanicos

@geronl

O'Connell, who is also Bay Windows' Publisher, identified herself as a lesbian in a question that noted the progress the LGBT community has made in the last two decades and asked Trump if voters can expect him to continue that momentum if elected

"When President Trump is in office can we look for more forward motion on equality for gays and lesbians?" O'Connell asked him.

"Well, you can," Trump answered. "

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-promises-forward-motion-on-gay-equality#sthash.LQBWYgtv.dpuf
Quote the entire context. Not just the Gotcha part.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

And we ought to be extremely leery of anyone who tells us they can....

One thing I remember about Reagan's message was that it was never about him.  It was always about us, the American people, and what we could do.  He constantly talked about getting government off our backs so that we could act as freer individuals to build a stronger nation.  I don't think I've ever heard that kind of rhetoric from Trump -- not even once.  It's always about what he is going to do for us.  I really cannot understand why so many self-professed conservatives fail to see that, or to grasp the implications.

I've never heard Trump talk about limited government, or freedom, or liberty, or the Constitution.  I believe he has no understanding of those principles, nor any interest in them.

The Third World makes a habit of falling at the feet of strongmen who promise to make everything right again.  I suppose people on our side are so blinded by rage and dead-set on revenge that they're willing to burn it all down in the hopes of getting some satisfaction.  Bad idea.

Silver Pines

Quote the entire context. Not just the Gotcha part.

How is quoting Trump's own statement and linking to it, in black and white, a "gotcha?"  It isn't.  It's simple proof that he affirmed he will ensure "forward motion for gays and lesbians."  There's no context which affects it.  Or, if there is, maybe you can explain it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is quoting Trump's own statement and linking to it, in black and white, a "gotcha?"  It isn't.  It's simple proof that he affirmed he will ensure "forward motion for gays and lesbians."  There's no context which affects it.  Or, if there is, maybe you can explain it.

*I* think we should do a better job of defining this issue for clarity. MY opinion is that homosexuals and everyone else in this country that is a citizen have THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE. Anything short of that is un-Constitutional and un-American. And yes,that DOES include the right to marry each other in civil ceremonies. What they do NOT have are special rights the rest of us don't have. One of which is forcing a religious leader that is opposed to homosexual marriages to marry them in his place of worship.  A civil marriage is every bit as legal as a religious marriage,so there is no discrimination involved in denying them the alleged "right" to force someone else to give up their ACTUAL rights of freedom of association.

I keep getting kicked off of another conservative web site for insisting that homosexuals have the same EXACT rights as every other American,but the truth is we are either all free to make our own live choices or none of us are free to do so.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
*I* think we should do a better job of defining this issue for clarity. MY opinion is that homosexuals and everyone else in this country that is a citizen have THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE. Anything short of that is un-Constitutional and un-American. And yes,that DOES include the right to marry each other in civil ceremonies. What they do NOT have are special rights the rest of us don't have. One of which is forcing a religious leader that is opposed to homosexual marriages to marry them in his place of worship.  A civil marriage is every bit as legal as a religious marriage,so there is no discrimination involved in denying them the alleged "right" to force someone else to give up their ACTUAL rights of freedom of association.

I keep getting kicked off of another conservative web site for insisting that homosexuals have the same EXACT rights as every other American,but the truth is we are either all free to make our own live choices or none of us are free to do so.

They do have the exact same rights.  Any man can marry any woman.   What they want is special rights.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They do have the exact same rights.  Any man can marry any woman.   What they want is special rights.

You shouldn't be responding to comments you are too stupid to understand.  It makes you look like an anti-American fool.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:36:07 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MACVSOG68

You shouldn't be responding to comments you are too stupid to understand.  It makes you look like an anti-American fool.

Pete, you made your point which is one I happen to agree with.  The personal insult doesn't make it any truer, and simply tears the thread down. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's the hardest thing for me to stomach...making excuses for Trump's stance on PP...when PP is nothing more than an abortion mill.

His first order as Pres should be to stop federal funding..then sic the Atty Gen on them for breaking the laws....I know...WE all know that abortion is the law...but we as taxpayers don't have to fund it and aborted babies don't have to be mutilated and sold for body parts.....but hey PP does good things!

@mystery-ak

Myst--

Here's the clearest explanation of Trump's position on PP.  He is against funding for abortion.  Trump would identify the services that are not related to abortion and fund those for women's health care services.

Trump, Aug. 11, 2015: Well, the biggest problem I have with Planned Parenthood is the abortion situation. It’s like an abortion factory frankly. You can’t have it and it shouldn’t be funding and that should not be funded by the government. I feel strongly about that. That’s my biggest problem with Planned Parenthood because it really — if you look at it and you look at the work they do, it really has become so heavily centered on abortion. You can’t have that.

Cuomo: They say it’s only 3 percent of what they do and the money that does go toward abortions is not the money that comes from the federal government. That they separate —

Trump: What I would do is look at the individual things that they do and maybe some of the things are good, I know a lot of things are bad. But certainly the abortion aspect of it should not be funded by government.

Cuomo: So you would take a look at it before you defund it. That’s what is being asked for right now. Many in your party are doing the opposite. They are saying defund it and then look at it. You’d say look at it first.

Trump: I would look at the good aspects of it. I would also look as I’m sure they do some things properly and good and good for women. I would look at that. I would look at other aspects also, but we have to take care of women. We have to absolutely take care of women. The abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood should not be funded.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/cruz-distorts-trumps-position/

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:52:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

Trump can't stop PP from doing abortions and he knows very well that ANY funding of the organization can be used to subsidize the abortion practice. So, unless he stops all funding, he's funding the abortions.

He's been all over the place, though, and he's only a recent "convert' to pro-life, so he doesn't even know how to talk about it.

Offline driftdiver

You are really an egotistical pr*ck.   Morals and values hold a country togethet.  Take those away and the country falls.   Sounds like you want that.

Offline driftdiver

@mystery-ak

Myst--

Here's the clearest explanation of Trump's position on PP.  He is against funding for abortion.  Trump would identify the services that are not related to abortion and fund those for women's health care services.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/cruz-distorts-trumps-position/

So he would conyinue the funding of teaching kids to be promissions.  Thereby ensuring the abortion industry has a steady supply of babies to kill and then part out.

Trump can't stop PP from doing abortions and he knows very well that ANY funding of the organization can be used to subsidize the abortion practice. So, unless he stops all funding, he's funding the abortions.

What a fatalistic attitude.  The way the funding is dispersed can be changed.  CPT4 billing springs to mind.   :shrug:

So he would conyinue the funding of teaching kids to be promissions.  Thereby ensuring the abortion industry has a steady supply of babies to kill and then part out.

:wtf!:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:10:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

I will rise to agree with @driftdiver .

What will be next? Pedophilia? Beastiality? Does that seem absurd? But then, Homo marriage seemed absurd not so very long ago.

Sometimes you have to draw a hard line, and defend it.

Offline sinkspur

What a fatalistic attitude.  The way the funding is dispersed can be changed.  CPT4 billing springs to mind.   :shrug:

If he funds PP, he funds abortion.  Trump has no intention of defunding PP and we both know it.

Offline driftdiver

I will rise to agree with @driftdiver .

What will be next? Pedophilia? Beastiality? Does that seem absurd? But then, Homo marriage seemed absurd not so very long ago.

Sometimes you have to draw a hard line, and defend it.

Oh that's already coming.   As long as the standard is that you can "marry" who you love there are no limits.

Offline driftdiver

:wtf!:

If it feels good do it has predictable results.

If he funds PP, he funds abortion.  Trump has no intention of defunding PP and we both know it.

Not if it's turned into a billing system ... and a reduced federal budget.

Come on, Sink.  Where's your "can do!" spirit?    ^-^