Author Topic: Feds appear to be removing website posts claiming glaciers will be melted from Glacier National Park by 2030  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

May 5, 2016
Feds appear to be removing website posts claiming glaciers will be melted from Glacier National Park by 2030
By Thomas Lifson

Either there is a cover-up of embarrassingly overstated fear-mongering or (barely plausibly) it coincidentally happens that routine updating of United States Geological Survey web postings has temporarily removed those posts.  Writing at Wattsupwiththat, Dr. Roger Roots:

In the fall of 2015 I offered a bet of $5,000 if the glaciers at Glacier National Park disappear by 2030 (as predicted in all GNP signage, pamphlets, films and publications). See here. As of yet, no one has taken me up on my bet.

The Park’s glaciers were melting rapidly throughout the 1990s, as the catastrophic-manmade-global-warming-by-CO2 movement was riding high. Bills were introduced in Congress for “cap and trade” programs, carbon taxes and other reforms.

The National Park Service, and the U.S. Geological Survey published websites showing photos of the Park’s glaciers taken in prior decades next to more recent photos of the same glaciers. This ‘repeat photography’ showed massive decreases in the size of the GNP glaciers.

(I have often pointed out that the government’s photos from prior decades tended to not specify calendar dates. Because glaciers tend to build up in winter and then melt all summer long, the specificity of calendar dates is quite important.)

On January 8 of this year, I posted a prediction that the government would soon alter its GNP-glaciers-gone-by-2030 claims. See here. I asked, “What is the government going to do as 2030 approaches and it becomes clear that their preposterous claims are untrue?”

“I have no doubt,” I wrote then, “that the government will begin modifying these claims by 2025, if not sooner.” I began saving screenshots of government websites which make the claim that manmade-global-warming will melt the GNP glaciers by 2030.

It turns out I didn’t need to wait very long at all. Today, on May 4, 2016, I started looking for the government’s ‘repeat photography’ sites.

IT APPEARS THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED.

The USGS has some explaining to do.  I would say that a congressional committee hearing would be appropriate, calling in USGS officials to explain the disappearance.

It is time to hold warmists, especially those in official positions, responsible for the fear-mongering, which has had severe fiscal consequences for the federal government and which has pushed individuals and comp

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/feds_appear_to_be_removing_website_posts_claiming_glaciers_will_be_melted_from_glacier_national_park_by_2030.html#ixzz47nQ5ckJi
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline bob434

Dang-It- I just bought land there on speculation hoping the glaciers would melt so I could plant petunias and purple Coneflowers- now what am I supposed to do?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Here in southwest Connecticut, already about six weeks into what is officially called "spring", the heat is still coming on. Not only at night, but in the day, as well.