Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Question for the #NeverTrump people

<< < (2/10) > >>

Resp3:

--- Quote from: Dexter on May 05, 2016, 02:10:43 pm ---I thought the question was obvious. If your position is #NeverTrump then changing your position would make you not #NeverTrump. I'm asking if a Cruz endorsement would make you rethink boycotting Trump.

--- End quote ---

But if I were a die-hard Trumpster - a Cruz selection would be an insult. A slap in the face. I guess I could accept Trump selecting Ted. Only if he backed off that endorsement a few hours later. As is his custom.

Another angle. I have no respect for Trump. Don't trust him. And if Ted Cruz aligned with that "pathological liar"? Well yeah. I might change my mind.

And vote for Hillary on General Principle.

Like I said - a vague question.

Oceander:
No it would not.  Why should it?

Weird Tolkienish Figure:
To me it would reflect bad on both. Cruz endorses someone who makes fun of his wife's looks, "lyin' ted", etc. etc.

Trump burned his bridges with a lot of people I think.

MACVSOG68:

--- Quote from: sinkspur on May 05, 2016, 02:01:59 pm ---Trump could pick St. Peter as his VP running mate and I still wouldn't vote for  him.

--- End quote ---

Another good reason for Trump not to consider Cruz.  At least pick someone who might add something to the ticket that might give some appeal to the millions of voters not thrilled with a Hillary presidency. 

MACVSOG68:

--- Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure on May 05, 2016, 03:38:30 pm ---To me it would reflect bad on both. Cruz endorses someone who makes fun of his wife's looks, "lyin' ted", etc. etc.

Trump burned his bridges with a lot of people I think.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, on many levels it would be a bad combo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version