Author Topic: Sour Grapes: Entitled Bushes Refuse to Back Trump  (Read 1054 times)

rangerrebew

Sour Grapes: Entitled Bushes Refuse to Back Trump
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:12:21 pm »
Sour Grapes: Entitled Bushes Refuse to Back Trump

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/sour-grapes-entitled-bushes-refuse-to-back-trump

May 5, 2016| by Donn Marten

The GOP establishment war on Trump is now over save for the disgruntled dead-enders who will never accept that they just had the holy crap beaten out of them. The parade of sore losers include the entitled members of the House of Bush who watched in horror as the American people rejected their restoration. The common folks gave a resounding thumbs down to the prissy Jeb!, a spineless jellyfish of a man whose only qualification for high office was his family brand name.  Adding insult to injury, the billionaire insurgent toyed with the bespectacled eunuch much like a cat with a doomed mouse. Trump insulted his wife – Jeb! failed to stand up for her – and humiliated Bush III at every turn, even mocking him for running to his mommy for help in the primaries. So it is only fitting that his presidential campaign is being snubbed by Poppy and Dubya in a public snit.

As reported by the Guardian “Neither George HW nor George W Bush will endorse Donald Trump”:

Neither George HW nor George W Bush, the only two living former Republican presidents of the United States, will endorse Donald Trump.

In statements released to the Guardian on Wednesday evening, spokesmen for both former presidents said they would be sitting out the 2016 election. Freddy Ford, a spokesman for George W Bush, told the Guardian: “President George W Bush does not plan to participate in or comment on the presidential campaign.”

The statement by the 43rd president was echoed in one released by his father. Jim McGrath, a spokesman for George HW Bush, told the Guardian: “At age 91, President Bush is retired from politics. He naturally did a few things to help Jeb, but those were the ‘exceptions that proved the rule’.”

The decision by both former presidents is particularly personal because of the unsuccessful candidacy of Jeb Bush. The former Florida governor, who is George HW’s son and George W’s brother, was repeatedly attacked during his campaign by Trump. The presumptive nominee tarred the two-term governor as “low-energy” and mocked him as “an embarrassment to his family”.

Trump didn’t stop at just spanking Jeb!, he destroyed the myth that George W. Bush “kept us safe” by having the audacity to point out that 9/11 actually happened on his watch and that his presidency didn’t begin on September 12, 2001. While the media and party hacks engaged in their standard campaign of lies, insisting that Trump blamed Bush II for the attacks, it was no more true than the recent overflowing bucket of hog slop that Trump accused Ted Cruz’s daddy of killing JFK. Trump also pointed out that Dubya’s Iraq war was a disaster built on lies and then for good measure, took a flamethrower to Poppy’s “new world order” with his “America first” foreign policy speech. It’s hard to see how the Bush family’s pissing and moaning over getting their ass kicked is going to hurt Trump, on the contrary it only reinforces his anti-establishment status.

Let’s face it, the Trump revolution was a resounding rejection of the American ruling class of which the Bushes are a big part of thanks to their failed policies, wars and crony capitalism. They should be thankful that they live in a modern society and not one like revolution era France when the corrupt elite were marched up the steps to the guillotine.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:13:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Sour Grapes: Entitled Bushes Refuse to Back Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »
I want my 4 Bush votes, my campaign donations and my time working on their campaigns back.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:49:25 pm »
My care about what they may think has plummeted to a level commensurate with Jimmah Caaaaaata.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »
The Bushes are people of integrity.  Trump is not.

Why would they endorse an amoral, bigoted bully who has sullied the Republican name beyond repair?

Good for them.  They don't want to be associated with trash.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline oldbiker

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 03:42:55 pm »
As for the Bushes, there's nothing quite like the stench of invading countries in the middle east and setting it aflame, setting the stage for the most destructive president ever and directly or indirectly putting liberals on the supreme court.  I wonder if they're thinking about getting cozy with Hillary, like they did Bill, and helping her select Scalia's replacement. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:44:13 pm by oldbiker »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 12:29:15 am »
I think Mr. Trump will do better WITHOUT "visible support" from the Bushes, than he would do with it.

I voted for both Bush the elder and younger, but what they have come to represent politically constitutes much of what rank-and-file Republicans, conservatives, traditionalists and independents have come to dislike about the GOPe.

I won't say anything more harsh because, as sinkspur said above, both Bushes represented a measure of integrity even if they governed less-than-conservatively.

But perhaps it's best if the entire Bush family just sit this one out.

They can't help, and if Trump goes down, no one will blame them.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 12:32:29 am »
Trump made me feel bad for Jeb in the primary. For that I hate him forever. Looked like a asswipe bully. Then I figured out that the GOP electorate must be  comprised of bullies.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 12:35:27 am »
As for the Bushes, there's nothing quite like the stench of invading countries in the middle east and setting it aflame, setting the stage for the most destructive president ever and directly or indirectly putting liberals on the supreme court.  I wonder if they're thinking about getting cozy with Hillary, like they did Bill, and helping her select Scalia's replacement.

Iraq was under control until Obama pulled all the troops out.   Or maybe you agree with Trump that it would be nice to have Saddam Hussein back, stuffing his opposition into shredders.

As for getting cozy with the Clintons, NOBODY'S sucked on that little tit more than Trump, what with his inviting them to his wedding and donating a hundred grand to the Clinton Foundation.

Hell, he can't even criticize Bill for his association with Jeffrey Epstein, he of the "Pleasure Island" with underage girls.  Trump went there himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.