Author Topic: Ann Coulter: And Then There Was the One  (Read 1083 times)

HAPPY2BME

Ann Coulter: And Then There Was the One
« on: May 05, 2016, 06:14:57 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/ann-coulter-one/

I’m bitter and cynical enough on immigration that I don’t trust anyone not to betray us. But if there was ever a candidate we could believe will build a wall and stop the mass importation of the Third World, it’s Trump.

A guy just won the Republican nomination for president by spending no money, hiring no pollsters, running virtually no TV ads, and just saying what he truly believed no matter how many times people told him he couldn’t say that.

I always hoped I’d see this once before I died. It’s like to going to Mecca, for Americans. Pay attention, because it’s the last time we’re going to see it in our lifetimes.

For those of you not yet on the Trump Train, I know you don’t want to vote for Hillary, but all the pundits have been trying to convince you that Trump’s a complete fraud. (That was between their smug assurances that he wouldn’t make it out of Iowa.)

It’s odd. When Trump launched his campaign by talking about Mexican rapists and the wall, his critics hysterically denounced him, rushing to TV to say he did NOT represent the Republican Party! Only after it became resoundingly clear that large majorities of Americans agreed with Trump did his critics try a new tack: He doesn’t believe it!

That’s what my friend Andy McCarthy at the now-defunct National Review wrote recently. I had to spend the weekend figuring out how to attack a friend without saying, “This is the most retarded argument I’ve ever read.”

Here goes: This was not Andy’s best effort.

Of all the arguments that could be made against Trump, McCarthy settled on: I don’t trust him on immigration. (I’d love to have been a fly on the wall at that pitch meeting.)

He bases this claim on a remark Trump made as a businessman four years ago in which he regurgitated the official GOP line about Romney — and which was being stated as fact 1 million times a day on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.

To wit, Trump told Newsmax that Mitt Romney “had a crazy policy of self-deportation which was maniacal,” adding, “He lost all of the Latino vote … he lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country.”

It is strange that Trump would denounce “self-deportation,” which is like a chocolate sundae compared to his own plans for illegals.

But to give you the tenor of the interview, Trump went on to promote “Celebrity Apprentice,” note that he had just bought the Old Post Office building in Washington, D.C., and boast about his recently acquired Ritz-Carlton Golf Club and Spa in Jupiter, Fla. — “which is a phenomenal area.”

Also, a lot of people didn’t like the phrase “self-deportation.” Why not just say: “They’ll go home the same way they came”?

So is Trump lying about his signature issue, immigration? The countervailing evidence to that 2012 pop-off is:

— Nine months of Trump soaring to the top of the polls and slaying all comers by talking about how he’s going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it;

— His never, ever, ever backing down on the wall, sanctuary cities, anchor babies, suspending Muslim immigration, etc., etc., despite unprecedented attacks from both the liberal and “conservative” media;

— The fact that he talks about immigration at every single one of his massive rallies and always gets the biggest, most sustained standing ovations when he mentions the wall;

— The blizzard of tweets he sent out in 2013 denouncing Rubio’s amnesty bill as it was sailing through the Senate, supported by the entire liberal media, Rupert Murdoch, Fox News, most of talk radio, and every other GOP candidate for president this year, including, for a while, Ted Cruz (whose job was to know about bills being voted on in the Senate, unlike a Manhattan developer);

— Trump’s one and only policy guy is the magnificent Stephen Miller, who was Sen. Jeff Sessions’ main immigration guy.

And so on.

Maybe Trump is the Manchurian Candidate and contrary to his entire life’s work he really just wants fancy people in Manhattan to like him.

Maybe the window into his soul is what he said four years ago about Romney’s phrase “self-deportation.”

Maybe 50 years of Trump’s talking about the working class was all a clever ruse leading to this one shining moment when he would trick Americans into voting for him, so he could sell us out, like any other candidate would.

On the other hand, maybe he’s changed his mind about that 2012 remark.

I’m bitter and cynical enough on immigration that I don’t trust anyone not to betray us. But if there was ever a candidate we could believe will build a wall and stop the mass importation of the Third World, it’s Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ann Coulter: And Then There Was the One
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:36:22 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/ann-coulter-one/

A guy just won the Republican nomination for president by spending no money, hiring no pollsters, running virtually no TV ads, and just saying what he truly believed no matter how many times people told him he couldn’t say that.
Trump gave a half million to the GOPe to buy his nomination, and he says what ever his mouth vomits out without regard of the meaning of his best words.
I always hoped I’d see this once before I died.
Fine.  Die now.
It’s like to going to Mecca, for Americans. Pay attention, because it’s the last time we’re going to see it in our lifetimes.
finally.
For those of you not yet on the Trump Train, I know you don’t want to vote for Hillary, but all the pundits have been trying to convince you that Trump’s a complete fraud. (That was between their smug assurances that he wouldn’t make it out of Iowa.)
The Trump train is the Clinton train.  They are best buddies.
It’s odd. When Trump launched his campaign by talking about Mexican rapists and the wall, his critics hysterically denounced him, rushing to TV to say he did NOT represent the Republican Party! Only after it became resoundingly clear that large majorities of Americans agreed with Trump did his critics try a new tack: He doesn’t believe it!
I believe Trump is a racist demagogue.  That is why I am not a Republican anymore.

I give up Coulter.  Keep the party of abortion.  It is yours.
Ann Coulter‎@AnnCoulter

I don't care if @realDonaldTrump wants to perform abortions in White House after this immigration policy paper.

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:19:28 am »
Coulter supported Romney, Chris Christie, and now the phony Republican Trump.  She is unprincipled and all about self promotion.   Trump may be able to fool enough Republicans but he cannot fool enough Americans to get elected.  The difference between Trump and Hillary is just the difference between two statists, two crony capitalists, two New York Liberals.  One pretends now to be conservative.  One pretends now to be a Left of Center Democrat.  Both will betray the people who support them.  Both are supporters of crony capitalism where the government picks the winners.  Neither one supports the constitution.  Both brazenly lie.  Trump lies with such ease that he sees nothing wrong with claiming Cruze's father killed JFK. 

#NeverTrump is growing on Facebook.  Write in a real conservative and forget Trump. 

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:01 am »
Trump will win by a landslide in November and carry the weakling GOP on his coattails. :patriot:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:18:47 am »
Trump will win by a landslide in November and carry the weakling GOP on his coattails. :patriot:
And we will be here to drag the naysayers over the finishline :shrug: :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:25:12 pm »

So... by what survey data are you basing this prognostication?  What states do you seem to think he's going to carry that Romney didn't in 2012?

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »
So... by what survey data are you basing this prognostication?  What states do you seem to think he's going to carry that Romney didn't in 2012?

You'll see come October.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »
Trump's idea of Hispanic outreach:

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics! https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157008375200725:0
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »
And we will be here to drag the naysayers over the finishline :shrug: :whistle:

Nah.  Trump is going to lose badly.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:14 pm »
Coulter supported Romney, Chris Christie, and now the phony Republican Trump.  She is unprincipled and all about self promotion.   

There is a huge industry comprising pundits who pander to people who pander to conservatives. Just as there is a huge industry of literary agents pandering to the desires of wannabe novelists. Very few of them are actually sincere. But their presence is an indication of just how center- to center-right the populus actually is.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:03:13 pm »
Trump will win by a landslide in November and carry the weakling GOP on his coattails.

Cool, then he won't need my vote.

Oh, wait, you say I'm an eeeeeevil Hillary supporter for refusing to vote for Trump?

Well, which is it?  Is my vote critical to saving the country from the the Evil Hillary, or is my vote unimportant because Wonderful Donald is going to win in a landslide?

:huh?:
Let it burn.

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
Cool, then he won't need my vote.

Oh, wait, you say I'm an eeeeeevil Hillary supporter for refusing to vote for Trump?

Well, which is it?  Is my vote critical to saving the country from the the Evil Hillary, or is my vote unimportant because Wonderful Donald is going to win in a landslide?

:huh?:

Suit yourself. You have 5 choices, Hillary, 3rd Party, Write-in, Abstain or Trump. Only you can decide your vote for who'll best serve as POTUS.

Wonderful Donald? Really?  What next, accusing me of Trump being my lord and savior? Look, there are plenty of reasons for disliking Trump. I know that, but I also know that he is a patriot and wants this country to be Number 1 again. He has the fire, energy and enthusiasm for succeeding.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »
Suit yourself. You have 5 choices, Hillary, 3rd Party, Write-in, Abstain or Trump. Only you can decide your vote for who'll best serve as POTUS.

Wonderful Donald? Really?  What next, accusing me of Trump being my lord and savior? Look, there are plenty of reasons for disliking Trump. I know that, but I also know that he is a patriot and wants this country to be Number 1 again. He has the fire, energy and enthusiasm for succeeding.
Same here, I'm not supporting him because hes the furthest right, I support him because hes the best chance we have of saving this country from what has been happening for the last few decades. Hes a patriot who loves America and has the energy to do something about the ones stripping us to death.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »
Wonderful Donald? Really?  What next, accusing me of Trump being my lord and savior?

I didn't make the name up. I was actually quoting Wonderful Leader himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoYDCBM-x4

As for my vote, I've decided not to cast it for a lying leftist of low character and few morals. Doesn't sound like he'll need my vote anyway, if he's going to win in a landslide as you predict.
Let it burn.