Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Are there any wedge issues you would be okay with the party abandoning for the sake of victory?

(1/3) > >>

Dexter:
 :pondering:

ABX:
Maybe a better wording would be, are there any issues you can count on the party, especially under Trump, to stay consistent on or would they just bow to populist sentiment. There are several big issues I disagree with Libertarians on, but I do also see that swinging the pendulum away from the centralized authoritarian governments promised by Trump and Hillary would be better for those issues than increasing ever dependence on a central government to fix things.

txradioguy:
No. 

How much more do we have to abandon in this pipe dream of making Liberals and RINO's like us enough to accept us?

Dexter:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on May 05, 2016, 11:46:06 am ---No. 

How much more do we have to abandon in this pipe dream of making Liberals and RINO's like us enough to accept us?

--- End quote ---

I think the economy is more important than social conservatism.

txradioguy:

--- Quote from: Dexter on May 05, 2016, 12:04:08 pm ---I think the economy is more important than social conservatism.

--- End quote ---

Yeah and how has that worked out for us?  Since 2010 we've given the GOP a chance to fix the economy and stop out of control spending.

And we got kicked in the nuts for it.

If you don't think social issues go hand in hand with economic issues you need to retake a High School econ class.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version