Author Topic: Justice Department Says North Carolina Anti-LGBT Law Violates Civil Rights Act  (Read 1357 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Justice Department Says North Carolina Anti-LGBT Law Violates Civil Rights Act

A Justice Department official told BuzzFeed News that the federal government could seek a court order to gain compliance.

Dominic Holden
BuzzFeed News Reporter

The U.S Justice Department sent North Carolina’s governor a forceful letter on Wednesday warning that an anti-LGBT law enacted there in March violates federal civil rights laws, a department official told BuzzFeed News.

“The State is engaging in a pattern or practice of discrimination against transgender state employees and both you, in your official capacity, and the State are engaging in a pattern or practice of resistance to the full enjoyment of Title VII rights by transgender employees of public agencies,” the letter reads.

U.S. Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta explained in the letter that the state law — which bans transgender people access to restrooms in government buildings that match their gender identity — violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The letter was sent to Gov. Pat McCrory.

A Department of Justice official, who asked not to be named, told BuzzFeed News the agency hopes North Carolina will comply voluntarily with federal law.

The official added that Justice Department prefers voluntary compliance by recipients of federal funds. However, the official added, the department could seek a court order to gain compliance.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
States rights. Miss 'em  yet?

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Justice Department Says North Carolina Anti-LGBT Law Violates Civil Rights Act

A Justice Department official told BuzzFeed News that the federal government could seek a court order to gain compliance.

Dominic Holden
BuzzFeed News Reporter

The U.S Justice Department sent North Carolina’s governor a forceful letter on Wednesday warning that an anti-LGBT law enacted there in March violates federal civil rights laws, a department official told BuzzFeed News.

“The State is engaging in a pattern or practice of discrimination against transgender state employees and both you, in your official capacity, and the State are engaging in a pattern or practice of resistance to the full enjoyment of Title VII rights by transgender employees of public agencies,” the letter reads.

U.S. Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta explained in the letter that the state law — which bans transgender people access to restrooms in government buildings that match their gender identity — violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The letter was sent to Gov. Pat McCrory.

A Department of Justice official, who asked not to be named, told BuzzFeed News the agency hopes North Carolina will comply voluntarily with federal law.

The official added that Justice Department prefers voluntary compliance by recipients of federal funds. However, the official added, the department could seek a court order to gain compliance.

Every one of the millions of Bibles in households then are in violation of 'civil rights'.  They are gunning for our freedom of religion.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So I have a right to use the ladies room? Do I have that correct?

A-Lert

If this nonsense continues, somebody will end up being seriously hurt or worse.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

So long as you "identify" it's legal... :whistle:

Now whether I'd chance it or not is another issue altogether.  Some woman or protective male might take exception to your entrance.   :chairbang:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline bob434

question, does title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 somehow turn homosexuality and deviant lifestyles into a biological trait? Last I knew- the civil rights act protects people who are biologically male or female, and or protects people of race from being discriminated against- A person who thinks they are another sex isn't doing so out of a genetic predisposition or trait- they bleeive this way as a choice- they CAN help themselves, people of race can not change their race, and men and women can never change their sex- they can MIMIC another sex (and it's a poor poor imitation)- but they can't change their sex- their sick perversion deserves no protection under the civil rights act- unless somehow the gubmint went and changed the mental distortion called homosexuality/deviant choice into a biological condition that can't be changed?

Offline Charlespg

Another Reason to call a constitutional convention  when and if we get a adult majority back in control of  the states
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Charlespg

If this nonsense continues, somebody will end up being seriously hurt or worse.
This is going to end up in Anti liberal death squads and civil war

..Americans are so far law abiding ,but when their woman and kids start raped and molested
due the US Government and liberals siding with perverts it will get ugly

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bob434 wrote:
"question, does title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 somehow turn homosexuality and deviant lifestyles into a biological trait?"

One of the worst and most damaging laws ever passed in American history.

It took fifty years, but we are now seeing the poisonous "fruits" of the tree that was planted from the foul seeds sown by the Civil Rights Act...

Offline Charlespg

bob434 wrote:
"question, does title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 somehow turn homosexuality and deviant lifestyles into a biological trait?"

One of the worst and most damaging laws ever passed in American history.

It took fifty years, but we are now seeing the poisonous "fruits" of the tree that was planted from the foul seeds sown by the Civil Rights Act...
if their going use  it for  stuff like this its time to repeal it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:15:43 am by Charlespg »

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

So long as you "identify" it's legal... :whistle:

Now whether I'd chance it or not is another issue altogether.  Some woman or protective male might take exception to your entrance.   :chairbang:

When and how do you officially identify, exactly? Can I just claim I have identified as a woman all along?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
When and how do you officially identify, exactly? Can I just claim I have identified as a woman all along?
@Weird Tolkienish Figure...

Whenever you feel like it based on what I've read...doesn't appear to be any "start" date that I'm aware of.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure...

Whenever you feel like it based on what I've read...doesn't appear to be any "start" date that I'm aware of.

So can I identify as I'm entering the ladies room and unself identify as I'm leaving?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So can I identify as I'm entering the ladies room and unself identify as I'm leaving?
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

:beer:

Roscoe Proudfoot

Or you can just identify as a little of one and some of the other. These things are flexible these days. Perhaps you identify as a Man who is more "comfortable" in the Ladies Room. Or maybe you identify as a Junior High School age girl. And you don't have to act the part. Remember when "Caitlyn" Jenner said that he always tries to look like a real woman? The Tranny crowd went NUTS! How dare he suggest that there is anything wrong with being a woman with a beard, a bald spot and a middle aged paunch?

And they mean it too. One of them has been working in the Sandwich Shop near my home for years. One day I finally asked a girl behind the counter; "what should I call this guy? Is he a man transitioning to a woman? Or is he a woman transitioning to a man? What does he want to be called?" The poor girl almost started crying. "I don't know" she said, "he won't tell us and we don't know what he is!"

Anyhow, there is a building full of FBI and DEA offices a couple of blocks from my home. Maybe I should start dropping by and putting their commitment to the test.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:54:25 am by Roscoe Proudfoot »

Offline raml

There are only two genders that is a scientific fact. That is also a fact no one can prove to be otherwise ever. Civil rights are not being violated if you have bathrooms for both woman and men who are by birth men or women. No man should be allowed access to a woman's bathroom unless there are no woman in it or will be in it like when being cleaned and the same should go for the mans. Men easily can overtake a woman vice versa is a rare thing although it can happen so there is no fighting this fact either it is an unsafe practice. Civil rights of woman are being compromised if this is allowed so maybe we should sue. Children should be able to enter a bathroom in peace and not be scared to go into one out in public. Someone had a post on facebook that showed the portable bathrooms saying they had been co gender bathrooms forever and no one complains. Those allow only one person at a time and are locked so no one else can enter so that is a stupid comparison since they are bathrooms for one person so who cares what sex it is. This is another of Obama's "accomplishments" and like his foreign policies puts people at risk. Democrats are no lovers of women that is for sure.

Offline The_Reader_David

Yup.  At least if on the given occasion you happen to feel like a woman, or can profess to feel that you are a woman, or something like that.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.