Author Topic: Weather Channel founder trashes Bill Nye as 'pretend scientist'  (Read 637 times)

rangerrebew

May 2, 2016
Weather Channel founder trashes Bill Nye as 'pretend scientist'
By Rick Moran

Weather Channel founder John Coleman doesn't think much of Bill Nye "The Science Guy."  Coleman took Nye to the woodshed over a clip he recorded that aired over the weekend criticizing the soon to be released documentary Climate Hustle.

“I have always been amazed that anyone would pay attention to Bill Nye, a pretend scientist in a bow tie,” Mr. Coleman said Saturday on the website Climate Depot.

“As a man who has studied the science of meteorology for over 60 years and received the [American Meteorological Society] Meteorologist of the Year award, I am totally offended that Nye gets the press and media attention he does,” Mr. Coleman said. “And I am rooting for the ‘Climate Hustle’ film to become a huge hit — bigger than ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ by Al Gore.”

First of all, I would hope Mr. Coleman would rethink his criticism of bow ties.  Many prominent and famous men have worn bow ties, including Abe Lincoln, Winston Churchill, George Will, and my friend Roger Kimball, publisher of the New Criterion.  In a gentler age, the bow tie made a man look "dapper."  So please, leave criticism of the bow tie out of your rant against Mr. Nye.

Coleman is, of course, correct.  Nye is an engineer, not an earth scientist.  He has as much business commenting on climate change as Donald Trump has commenting on good manners.

The new documentary Climate Hustle was made by prominent skeptics whose arguments we have featured on AT many times.

Washington Times:

Indeed, the documentary by Climate Depot’s Marc Morano bills itself as a response to the former vice president’s Academy Award-winning 2006 documentary, which sparked international alarm with its warnings of imminent environmental disaster fueled by rising greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere.

“Climate Hustle,” which has a one-day screening at theaters nationwide Monday, argues that the climate change catastrophe scenarios are part of an “overheated environmental con job” aimed at creating hysteria to drive public support for bigger government and ever-increasing regulation.

The documentary’s full name is: “Climate Hustle: Are They Trying to Control the Climate … Or You?”

Anthony Watts, who runs the skeptical climate website Watts Up With That, said the documentary is the first aimed at debunking the claims of the climate change movement. He called the film “corny” at times but also vastly more entertaining than ponderous climate documentaries such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s 2007 “The 11th Hour,” which bombed at the box office.

“[T]hat’s the purpose of this film, to make people laugh at the ridiculous claims that have been created about global warming/climate change.Morano does this and does it well. That’s the power behind this film,” Mr. Watts said in his review.

The film has won similar praise in reviews on conservative and free market outlets including National Review, Breitbart and The Daily Caller. Hollywood in Toto’s Christian Toto called “Climate Hustle” “brutally effective” and “the most dangerous documentary of the year.”

Meanwhile, the climate change movement has blasted the film as propaganda. The liberal website DeSmog created another website, Climate Hustler, aimed at discrediting the film and Mr. Morano, a former Republican staffer for the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.

“Climate Hustle, Morano’s new ‘documentary film’ is pure propaganda. It is a snake oil salesman’s latest attempt to confuse the public about the urgent need for political action to address the global warming crisis driven by burning fossil fuels,” said the website.

It's easy to understand when one side uses facts to make its case and the other side uses worthless predictive models.

The notion of catastrophic global warming rests entirely on unproven models that have yet to come close to predicting short-term warming.  And who can forget all those claims made by Gore in Inconvenient Truth that turned out to be laughably false?

In order to drive the argument about climate change their way, climate hysterics must connect anything and everything to global warming.  The latest heat wave?  Global warming.  A hurricane?  Global warming.  And on and on.

Climate Hustle should inject some well needed facts into the debate over climate change.  Changing hearts and minds may be more difficult.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/weather_channel_founder_trashes_bill_nye_as_pretend_scientist.html#ixzz47Wm0YxPS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline flowers

Re: Weather Channel founder trashes Bill Nye as 'pretend scientist'
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »
Good for him. We used to get John Coleman weather when I lived in cali. He was on our local station.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »
I'm glad to see any pushback against Bill Nye. I'm not a scientest and I can figure out that man made globull warming is full of it; heck I haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn lately.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:21 pm »
I'm glad to see any pushback against Bill Nye. I'm not a scientest and I can figure out that man made globull warming is full of it; heck I haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn lately.

No science involved with the man made global warming bs. Just a bunch of liberal grifters trying to find yet another way to fleece the taxpayers!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:02:16 pm »
No science involved with the man made global warming bs. Just a bunch of liberal grifters trying to find yet another way to fleece the taxpayers!

Dagnabbit, there goes my scheme to invest in soon to be ocean front property in Arizona. Guess I'll have to keep working for a living.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bob434

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:26 pm »

Read my recent post on the issue- it will give the important bullet points- you are right- man-caused global warming' is not happening- it can't be happening- man doesn't produce nearly enough CO2 to cause it- man would have to increase our creation of CO2 by hundreds of times globally in order to actually start having an impact-

Basically my long winded post makes the point man's CO2 amounts to just 0.00136% of the atmosphere- For the global warming liars to claim that this amount is capable of 'catastrophically warming the planet OR the atmosphere' is a laugh

To put this in perspective, it would be akin to claiming that taking a 5 gallon pail of 100 degree water, and dumping it into an Olympic sized pool of water (that has life in it) that is say 95 degrees, and claiming that this 5 gallon pail of 100 degree water just raised the temperature of the whole pool so much that everything living in the pool will die-

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
Read my recent post on the issue- it will give the important bullet points- you are right- man-caused global warming' is not happening- it can't be happening- man doesn't produce nearly enough CO2 to cause it- man would have to increase our creation of CO2 by hundreds of times globally in order to actually start having an impact-

Basically my long winded post makes the point man's CO2 amounts to just 0.00136% of the atmosphere- For the global warming liars to claim that this amount is capable of 'catastrophically warming the planet OR the atmosphere' is a laugh

To put this in perspective, it would be akin to claiming that taking a 5 gallon pail of 100 degree water, and dumping it into an Olympic sized pool of water (that has life in it) that is say 95 degrees, and claiming that this 5 gallon pail of 100 degree water just raised the temperature of the whole pool so much that everything living in the pool will die-

Thanks, that's a great analogy. A lot of bogus 'science' is based on making the numbers involved so large and so complex that normal people can't grasp the concept and shrug and leave it to the experts. That's why they like to talk about factories putting out however many thousands of cubic feet of CO2 so it sounds massive. Your analogy brings things back to earth and makes it easy to visualize the absurdity. I'll have to remember that next time I have to debate any liberals on the subject.

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:02:51 pm »

As you're undoubtedly aware, anthropomorphic global warming, aka, climate change, is a religion. Therefore, logic and reason don't penetrate the faith of the true believers.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »
It is difficult to refute something which can be depicted with pictures. In the mid 60s SoCal skies were ugly with smog.

Over time, while population and vehicle counts have increased, regulations and technology have reduced smog. People can see that with their own eyes, and in the 60s we could literally smell and taste the smog.

So that is the sort of information the left has, with which to spin the warming subject in their direction.

The left will flash those 60s pictures, and claim the deniers want to take us back, to those days.

The entire subject is too technically complex for most people, so they cling to their political biases, regardless of facts.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln