Author Topic: Trump: I'll likely pick a politician for veep  (Read 386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I'll likely pick a politician for veep
« on: May 04, 2016, 06:49:45 pm »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/04/donald-trump-vice-president-republican-party/83916016/

Trump: I'll likely pick a politician for veep
David M Jackson, USA TODAY 9:54 a.m. EDT May 4, 2016

Donald Trump has trashed professional politicians during his presidential campaign, but that's the class he's looking to for his vice presidential pick.

"I have the business — let's call it talents," Trump said on MSNBC's Morning Joe when asked about the veepstakes. "And I think I'll probably go the political route, somebody that can help me with legislation."

While not providing specific names, Trump said he will also look for "somebody that can help me get things passed and somebody that's been friends with the senators and the congressman and all."

Speculation about Trump's running mate is already in overdrive, with names ranging from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie — the first major politician to endorse the businessman — to Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin.

Trump told MSNBC he wants help passing congressional legislation "so we don't have to go the executive order route as much as (President) Obama did, you know, where he can't get anything approved so he just keeps signing executive orders.

"But more than likely, I would go the political route."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Trump: I'll likely pick a politician for veep
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:20:44 pm »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/04/donald-trump-vice-president-republican-party/83916016/

Trump told MSNBC he wants help passing congressional legislation "so we don't have to go the executive order route as much as (President) Obama did, you know, where he can't get anything approved so he just keeps signing executive orders.

"But more than likely, I would go the political route."

A telling preview of what a Trump presidency would be like.

If he doesn’t get his own way, he will call Congress a bunch of names and then sign an executive order.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »
Trump put the @realBenCarson-he of the brilliant foreign policy expertise-  in charge of his VP selection process.

Really.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »
A telling preview of what a Trump presidency would be like.

If he doesn’t get his own way, he will call Congress a bunch of names and then sign an executive order.

More proof that  Trump is a legend in his own mind.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:41:15 pm by Wingnut »