Author Topic: Why I'm Ultimately Glad Trump will be the Nominee (Or, "Why I learned to stop worrying and love the HTC Vive)  (Read 17249 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not from what you saw?  He freaking was handing out blankets, dolls and soccer balls to wetbacks.  Not a Trump talking point, a real photo, with Beck and some broad.  Let's get real.  You want to discuss or debate?  Let's start from a reality based starting point.  Ted's a grifter.
I am not sure how individual acts of kindness to people who are cold, or kids without toys translate into national policy.

These same people, if they enter illegally will quite possibly end up in virtual slavery, living 40 or more to the small house in squalor, and paid squat because their employer can. If they don't land in a sanctuary (local policy) city, they are fair game to be abused and mistreated.  Who are they gonna call if they aren't in some place that is defying Federal Law to give them the benefits they should have acquired by entering legally.

To me, the individual acts are simply christian decency, but the act of stopping the invasion would be too.

Those who come here legitimately would enjoy the protections that involves because they would not be outside the law in the first place.

I don't see that as supporting the illegal alien invasion any more than I see the USMC Toys for Tots as supporting poverty.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Are we turning into Stormfront here?

Or TOS; or if one were older, one might have heard that in the Borderland areas. I can see how it would automatically be thought of as a pejorative.

Before we jump too much to conclusions, there is a Spanish equivalent that is used, "Mojados". But perhaps, I'd stay away from saying such.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I am not sure how individual acts of kindness to people who are cold, or kids without toys translate into national policy.

These same people, if they enter illegally will quite possibly end up in virtual slavery, living 40 or more to the small house in squalor, and paid squat because their employer can. If they don't land in a sanctuary (local policy) city, they are fair game to be abused and mistreated.  Who are they gonna call if they aren't in some place that is defying Federal Law to give them the benefits they should have acquired by entering legally.

To me, the individual acts are simply christian decency, but the act of stopping the invasion would be too.

Those who come here legitimately would enjoy the protections that involves because they would not be outside the law in the first place.

I don't see that as supporting the illegal alien invasion any more than I see the USMC Toys for Tots as supporting poverty.

+1:  I agree with this above.

I think what I'd hear Beck say is, we'd give them this stuff but send them back, something like that.

Offline HootOwl

goopo

Praying for our republic...   :0001:
   Remember ,if possible , when Goldwater got the nomination  and many Congressmen abanded him to "save their district"?  we got clobbered in all those House and Senate races  and we got Lyndon Johnson, who destroyed Social Security (put it in the General Fund),  SPCUS, Vietnam...  Please don't abandon our nominee. :0001:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
   Remember ,if possible , when Goldwater got the nomination  and many Congressmen abanded him to "save their district"?  we got clobbered in all those House and Senate races  and we got Lyndon Johnson, who destroyed Social Security (put it in the General Fund),  SPCUS, Vietnam...  Please don't abandon our nominee. :0001:

I think that ship has sailed. Not for me necessarily, but in general. People hate Trump and he will lose anyway.

Offline Norm Lenhart

While we continue to wait for replies and actual examples of 'Lyin' Ted" actually 'lyin'" and not someone hazzing sadz, I'd say this. There is a faction in America that wants things to be true regardless of reality. Snowflakes are famous for that behavior but it's not just them.

I don't blame Cruz, a Texas Senator with a highly Hispanic voterbase and being Hispanic himself for showing some kindness. Personally I would have THEN gone to the wall slamming Obama and holding up every single bill that passed through the senate and berating every Senator that refused to stand with me, mercilessly, until I was impeached/removed from office or until Obama reversed course on Amnesty, but then I'm stubborn about that sorta thing. Well, more scorched earth really. If the left wants to play hardball, play hardball to win.

But to the original point, perspective is something sorely lacking today.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:49:42 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline outofsalt

I've held my nose and voted for RINO's.  This year I'll hold my nose with both hands.
The devil we know is not better than the devil we don't.  I'll pray for our nation and Mr. Trump.

A-Lert

I think that ship has sailed. Not for me necessarily, but in general. People hate Trump and he will lose anyway.

Trump will eviscerate Hillary and win in a landslide carrying in a weak GOP on his coattails.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump will eviscerate Hillary and win in a landslide carrying in a weak GOP on his coattails.

Maybe he will win. I'll accept the possibility. But I have a really hard time squaring a landslide with his polled unfavorable numbers.

Don't forget. The Dems have not even cracked open the valve of the machine yet. And they have a lot of stored ammo. Lest we forget, he spent his life in their circles.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:17:39 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Norm Lenhart

I've held my nose and voted for RINO's.  This year I'll hold my nose with both hands.
The devil we know is not better than the devil we don't.  I'll pray for our nation and Mr. Trump.

Then what? Step on your nose with one foot 4 years later and ask why you are in the pain you are in?

A-Lert

Maybe he will win. I'll accept the possibility. But I have a really hard time squaring a landslide with his polled unfavorable numbers.

Don't forget. The Dems have not even cracked open the valve of the machine yet. And they have a lot of stored ammo. Lest we forget, he spent his life in their circles.

The public already knows what Trump is and how he acts. He's been under a microscope for nearly 50 years. I'm highly doubtful anything more scandalous than what we already know will be found. Hillary on the other hand is hiding things. Benghazi, missing emails, her incompetence, her attempts to destroy the victims of her husbands sexual assaults. Crooked Hillary is going to be exposed for the evil, vile, cold-blooded witch she is.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The public already knows what Trump is and how he acts. He's been under a microscope for nearly 50 years. I'm highly doubtful anything more scandalous than what we already know will be found. Hillary on the other hand is hiding things. Benghazi, missing emails, her incompetence, her attempts to destroy the victims of her husbands sexual assaults. Crooked Hillary is going to be exposed for the evil, vile, cold-blooded witch she is.

Oh come on. The public knows what they saw on his TV show and he bedded supermodels all his life. Was anyone filled with common knowledge about his dealings with Bill Clinton's favorite Pedo BEFORE last week? Sure seems to have shocked an awful lot of people who had no idea.

A-Lert

Oh come on. The public knows what they saw on his TV show and he bedded supermodels all his life. Was anyone filled with common knowledge about his dealings with Bill Clinton's favorite Pedo BEFORE last week? Sure seems to have shocked an awful lot of people who had no idea.

What were the "dealings" exactly? I see allegations, but no corroboration. That's like the Hillary is a lesbian allegation.

Offline olde north church

What about the "virtual slavery" hard working, well FORMERLY hard working Americans are living in?  Don't give me the "out of the shadows", "back alley abortion" bullsh!t.  I'm no populist but I'm tired of seeing my fellow Americans taking it in the brown eye without the benefit of lube.
Oh, that's right, it's because the Buddha of Palm Beach talks about the way things are and the way things should be.  I'm old enough to remember the way things were.  If there were god-damned radio hosts, pundits and bureaucrats streaming over the border like salmon on the spawn there would be a different tune.
So, Mr. and Mrs. America are tired of playing BOHICA and are voting for their own interests, the people who thought they were in charge are getting a serious case of dick itch.  The Leftists and rent a mobs don't need a reason to run through the streets, WTF are the "Big Boys" going to do when the population of Jerkwater and Bug Tussle get tired of the way things are?
Screw C*ck Sucker Cruz and Grifter Glen and every other horse's ass think America owes them.  At least the welfare queens know how to do one thing correctly for their money.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

What about the "virtual slavery" hard working, well FORMERLY hard working Americans are living in?  Don't give me the "out of the shadows", "back alley abortion" bullsh!t.  I'm no populist but I'm tired of seeing my fellow Americans taking it in the brown eye without the benefit of lube.
Oh, that's right, it's because the Buddha of Palm Beach talks about the way things are and the way things should be.  I'm old enough to remember the way things were.  If there were god-damned radio hosts, pundits and bureaucrats streaming over the border like salmon on the spawn there would be a different tune.
So, Mr. and Mrs. America are tired of playing BOHICA and are voting for their own interests, the people who thought they were in charge are getting a serious case of dick itch.  The Leftists and rent a mobs don't need a reason to run through the streets, WTF are the "Big Boys" going to do when the population of Jerkwater and Bug Tussle get tired of the way things are?
Screw C*ck Sucker Cruz and Grifter Glen and every other horse's ass think America owes them.  At least the welfare queens know how to do one thing correctly for their money.

And just so you know, I'm no bandwagon jumper.  I voted for Buchanan twice, Keyes once and for Sarah Palin once.  The only reason I got off my ass to vote for Mitt the Knife was because, well, there was no good reason and I can get that half hour back.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What were the "dealings" exactly? I see allegations, but no corroboration. That's like the Hillary is a lesbian allegation.

You know it's funny. I didn't see any proof that Cruz had sex with half the DC hooker corps but it sure drove a lot of people away from supporting him. Am I to believe that somehow Donald trump is immune from the same? Because I would absolutely love to have how explained to me in great detail.

Thats what the machine DOES. No proof of SQUAT is ever needed. Thats it whole point.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The only reason I got off my ass to vote for Mitt the Knife was because, well, there was no good reason and I can get that half hour back.

Yea see, thats why we have the mess we do. A lot of people keep doing exactly that then bitching to high heaven that we have Detroit on a national scale.

I'm still looking forward to learning about actual lies from Cruz.

Offline aligncare

I don't really like being here at TBR much anymore because of all the hostility and liberal attacks on Mr. Trump and the open support for Hillary Clinton that I see here, but I just saw this comment and thought I should pop in and let you know: I missed your straight talking posts! I hope you're feeling well -- I see you still have plenty of fire in the belly.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't really like being here at TBR much anymore because of all the hostility and liberal attacks on Mr. Trump and the open support for Hillary Clinton that I see here, but I just saw this comment and thought I should pop in and let you know: I missed your straight talking posts! I hope you're feeling well -- I see you still have plenty of fire in the belly.

What 'liberal' attacks would those be?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

The problem is there are more of them than us. At this point this race comes down to women (50 percent of the population), Hispanics (17 percent of the population) and blacks (14 percent of the population) versus white men (32 percent of the population).  You can rail against the Democrats for using the treasury to create a permanent bloc of dependent voters of all stripes, but the fact is the strategy has been successful and the white middle class has been marginalized.

At this point what we are seeing is not a great political wave, but a backlash.  A backlash, by definition, cannot succeed in a democracy because it is the result of a disenfranchised minority.  Yes, it was a sufficient-sized minority to accomplish a hostile takeover of the GOP, and I acknowledge it was a stunning achievement.  But he has a long way to go, and I seriously doubt you are helping him by calling Cruz a CS.

If Trump and his supporters cannot be magnanimous in victory they will find they control a party that has no value.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:11:07 pm by massadvj »

Offline Norm Lenhart

If Trump and his supporters cannot be magnanimous in victory they will find they control a party that has no value.

Many don't want to. As I pointed out earlier, they want revenge for losing Romney even though they were told that would be the result from the conservative base. They despise us more than they despise the left because our predictions all proved true and we are predicting the same this election.

I get that people are looking for a white knight to come save them from the dragon. I get that people are sick of Obama and all the leftism in America. I totally understand the frustration. I share it. But screaming bloody murder about 'Lyin' Ted' and being wholly unwilling to provide actual proof, just more invective isn't gonna make the real problems with the GOP's current candidate evaporate. They can project onto him just as Obama's fans projected onto him the past two elections. But the fantasy isn't the reality.

It doesn't matter a whit if Hillary sprouts horns and a tail, does a full head/neck 360 and pukes pea soup. That does not alter the words and actions of Donald Trump.

Offline outofsalt

What were the "dealings" exactly? I see allegations, but no corroboration.
"I heard from someone that he hasn't paid his taxes in the last ten years."  or maybe, "he has had five affairs" or "his dad was on the grassy knoll"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So how in the hell does passing out teddy bears and blankets and little dollies to people translate to enslaving Americans?
Just because Deceiving Donny stole the "Wall" from Cruz, and then howled about building the largest public works project since the Autobahn, doesn't mean it is going to happen. If you don't think he's ever had illegals working for him, then you need to put down the pipe and wake up.

What they did with dolls and blankets and teddy bears for kids is no more an act of sedition than the USMC giving toys to underprivileged kids who are just as much a pawn in all this crap as the rest of us. That isn't the USMC endorsing welfare queens, but it is looking out for the ones caught in the crossfire, and that's as American as Apple Pie.
Sure, Americans are pissed--damnit, I am one. Because of imports, (and a lot of us doing our job too well), My income went from well over 100K to zero last year. But then I work in the oil industry, and you were all overjoyed about cheap gas the whole time you stuffed your tank with jihadi juice, funded our enemies, and were thrilled to take a 10% cut in fuel mileage so you could burn food in your gas tank.

The first thing Donny said in Iowa told me he was full of crap and I'll lay that out for you.

Trump said, (right after Cruz really pissed off the Iowa Governor and the Ethanol Lobby by saying Cruz would get rid of the mandate), that he would back the Ethanol mandate, seek to have it expanded, and have the EPA enforce it to the fullest extent of the law.

That same ethanol mandate raised the price of your gasoline because the ethanol has to be shipped separately and blended locally, otherwise it will absorb water in transit and eat holes in pipelines and tanker trucks and other things we just don't want holes in. That's how ethanol fuel helps destroy fuel systems in vehicles and small engines. Because ethanol just does not have the same BTU yield per unit volume, you get the added bonus of traveling 10% fewer miles on a gallon of fuel. Both I and my father have been placed in life threatening situations due to the corrosive and hygroscopic properties of ethanol laced fuel.

Now, for a bonus (bone-us?), there is no single Federal Agency which has done more to make the climate hostile for industry in these United States than the EPA. Between moving target and ever changing arbitrary and capricious emissions "standards" and the expense of compliance, along with a host of other egregious acts, one of the things standing foursquare between American Manufacturing and putting America back to work has been the EPA, which has caused more offshoring than cheap labor elsewhere.

Aside from killing the coal industry with emissions standards that just won't stop changing for Power Plants, and regulations on "haze" (which happens anywhere there is water vapor in the air), prosecuting people for filling in a low spot on their property by calling it an "intermittent wetland", giving a million plus acres of Wyoming including private property to the Wind River Indian Tribe, and busting plugs out of mine portals and polluting entire rivers, the EPA has put an army of Americans out of work--and that's just a few of the high points.

How in the Hell is someone going to "Make America Great Again" and keep an agency like that?

And it is just one, although the standard bearer of Federal Government industry killers.

What cracks me up, is that if it complies with EPA regulations, Donny won't even have the EIS done before his presumed eight is up, much less The Wall (1954 miles of it) built.

I remember before the government got a bunch of experts on our tab and started screwing things up. The river I grew up on far from where I now live, where I held a commercial fisheries license at the ripe old age of 14, was killed by one such agency--the fisheries industry destroyed, a whole (commercially valuable) species of clam wiped out, along with the crabbing, fishing and oystering industries.

Then some more government agencies came in and declared that no trees could be cut without permits, and 20 acres of planted second growth Red Oak timber--trees five feet in diameter--cannot be cut except on a tree by tree basis--millions of dollars worth of timber, ready to harvest, and the Government says NO.
So there is no love lost between me and Government, but I think you are in for a surprise when you find out your boy sees government as a way of picking winners and losers and not something to just GTF out of the way. At least Cruz understands there are definite Constitutional constraints which should be on that Government, and would be far more likely to impose those. Cruz, too, had advocated a barrier on the border, advocated deportation of illegals, and putting Americans back to work--by getting government out of the way, not by creating more of it.

As far as remembering goes, I still have my Goldwater Dollar, after all these years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Here's the thing people conveniently forget, Trump never claimed to be a conservative.

With typical eloquence, Mr. Trump told Sean Hannity, "When it comes to being conservative, I happen to be conservative."

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

He freaking was handing out blankets, dolls and soccer balls to wetbacks.

As he told them they couldn't stay in the US, but had to go back from whence they came.

Recall, he was the guy saying we have to build a fence and enforce the laws years before Mr. Trump jumped onto the bandwagon.

Sen. Cruz is a Christian, and I imagine that his faith guided him in comforting the innocent children who were brought along by their invader parents.  Jesus would have ministered to them, all the while saying the law must be followed....just like Sen. Cruz did.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn