Author Topic: Republicans who vow to never back Trump  (Read 7514 times)

Offline verga

Re: Republicans who vow to never back Trump
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 03:38:35 am »
GFY!
This needs to be repeated to all the gloating tRumpites tonight.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:02 am »
andy wrote above:
"For Donald Trump, I will have to hold my nose with both hands.
And so, I won't be able to vote."

Aw, Andy, don't give up so easily.
I got sumthin' for ya:

I'll need a lobotomy to vote for Trump...Do you have a picture of an ice pick?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 03:48:07 am »
Conservatives are steeling themselves for the road ahead.   It is really encouraging to see all the solidarity.

Trump's a fool.   He wins in Indiana, but feels the need to slander Cruz's father, just as he slandered Cruz's wife..  I can't imagine Cruz urging his supporters to back Trump as the nominee.  I can't imagine the supporters of this wise and decent man choosing to validate Trump's amorality.     

This can be a triumphant moment for conservatives,  as we stand up to say Never Trump.   We'll serve our time in the wilderness, but we will retain our souls and our sacred honor.     

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:49:18 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 03:55:50 am »
Stick it up your horst wessel.

No thanks, I'm an American, what the hell are you?

A-Lert

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 03:56:42 am »
Somebody great needs to run Third Party pronto to give the Conservatives a vote.

Yeah, that has worked so well in the past.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 03:57:54 am »
Yeah, that has worked so well in the past.

It will defeat Trump and that's all that matters now.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 04:05:06 am »
Stop the personal insults.....!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 04:44:04 am »
The drama queen act has worn out. Get used to President Donald Trump.

I take that as a taunt.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 04:46:06 am »
Trump for some reason, wants to DESTROY him and his entire family, and to further divide the a Republican Party in the process by alienating conservatives.  Why?

To keep Hillary out of the penitentiary.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 10:14:24 pm »
Conservatives are steeling themselves for the road ahead.   It is really encouraging to see all the solidarity.

Trump's a fool.   He wins in Indiana, but feels the need to slander Cruz's father, just as he slandered Cruz's wife..  I can't imagine Cruz urging his supporters to back Trump as the nominee.  I can't imagine the supporters of this wise and decent man choosing to validate Trump's amorality.     

This can be a triumphant moment for conservatives,  as we stand up to say Never Trump.   We'll serve our time in the wilderness, but we will retain our souls and our sacred honor.     

Very eloquent defense of principled conservatism!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 10:26:15 pm »
There are two never Trump groups now: The pseudo conservative chattering class and the tantruming Cruzers. The chattering class are just attention ho’ing. The Cruzers are being egged on by Cruz and his surrogates like Levin. Both groups prefer the Butcher of Benghazi to Trump and are trying to Goldwater him. How conservative of them.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 10:30:37 pm »
I hate this happening every election cycle. I don't think like this.

But perhaps those of certain groups and indeed, women, where I have seen some women against Trump, largely because of what he has said is understandable. Yes, I understand, a number of women also support DT.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 10:44:32 pm »
There are two never Trump groups now: The pseudo conservative chattering class and the tantruming Cruzers. The chattering class are just attention ho’ing. The Cruzers are being egged on by Cruz and his surrogates like Levin. Both groups prefer the Butcher of Benghazi to Trump and are trying to Goldwater him. How conservative of them.

If there is a better poster child for the pejorative "pseudo conservative" than a rabid Trump supporter such as yourself I have yet to find it!

There is not one single thing conservative about Donald Trump and there never has been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 10:48:05 pm »

You have now taken the prize as posting the least rational and the least truthful comments on this forum.

And in such a short time!

No WONDER you're in love with Donald Trump.  Two peas in a pod!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2016, 11:20:35 pm »
If there is a better poster child for the pejorative "pseudo conservative" than a rabid Trump supporter such as yourself I have yet to find it!

There is not one single thing conservative about Donald Trump and there never has been!
How would you know what a conservative is when you still back a guy who voted to renew the Patriot Act. There is nothing more directly unconstitutional.

A-Lert

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2016, 11:27:01 pm »
I take that as a taunt.

I have no control over how you interpret my comments, but any poster who claims Trump is enabling fascism is IMO  a drama queen or worse.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:00 pm »
How would you know what a conservative is when you still back a guy who voted to renew the Patriot Act. There is nothing more directly unconstitutional.

It's easy to understand how Bigun knows.

Bigun is a conservative.  You are not.

Cruz is a conservative.  Trump is not.

This is not difficult to understand, Mechanicos.  Try harder to grasp the truth, OK?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »

It's easy to understand how Bigun knows.

Bigun is a conservative.  You are not.

Cruz is a conservative.  Trump is not.

This is not difficult to understand, Mechanicos.  Try harder to grasp the truth, OK?

I wouldn't know what he said but for your coming to my defence Thanks!  :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:08 pm »
I wouldn't know what he said but for your coming to my defence Thanks!  :patriot:

I'm about to "not know what he says" too.  He's taken over A-Lert's "prime Trumptroll" roll, only without the obnoxious emoticons....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »
I'm about to "not know what he says" too.  He's taken over A-Lert's "prime Trumptroll" roll, only without the obnoxious emoticons....

Good! I knew you would pick up on the hint!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2016, 11:58:38 pm »
Good! I knew you would pick up on the hint!  :patriot:

Great minds, Bigun!  I was going there myself.   :beer:

One can only take so much disturbed and disturbing propaganda and tomfoolery.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2016, 11:59:34 pm »
Great minds, Bigun!  I was going there myself.   :beer:

One can only take so much disturbed and disturbing propaganda and tomfoolery.

Not to mention continual circular argument!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2016, 12:02:08 am »
Not to mention continual circular argument!

Indeed.

It puts keen minds like ours, accustomed to cogent thought,  to sleep.   ^-^