Author Topic: Dr. Jeffress: If the GOP denies Trump the nomination, they should expect a "massive boycott" from Trump supporters.  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Dr. Jeffress: If the GOP denies Trump the nomination, they should expect a "massive boycott" from Trump supporters.

https://twitter.com/veganvecoh/status/727246314082193408

Video at link
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist in Dallas.  Trump supporter, so he must love him some abortion and Planned Parenthood (Trump supports both), torture, killing of innocent women and children, and degrading comments about women.

This "pastor" has become a clown, a usurper who is using his position to pimp a candidate.  He ought to be ashamed of himself, especially since there are large numbers of his congregants who will close their checkbooks with these kinds of comments.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jackson

Massive Boycott? A small price to pay if the windbag can be sent back to Manhattan.

Offline sinkspur

The IRS ought to revoke this pimp's tax exemption.  Directly supporting candidates are a no-no for clergy.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump

Dr. Jeffress: If the GOP denies Trump the nomination, they should expect a "massive boycott" from Trump supporters.

Video at link

Yeah. I'm really worried about Trump supporters. You mean all those LIV's, Reagan democrats and non-political first timers? Yeah, okay. Cicadas turn up more often than they do. If they couldn't bother to show up in 2008 and 2012 then why should I give a damn about what they want in 2016.

Offline sinkspur

No way.  Lots of leaders of non-profit organizations personally support candidates.  Otherwise you are saying that we should legally remove some of the civic rights of individuals in certain job categories:  Clergy, non-profit employees, etc.   Or at least threaten their non-profit status if they exercise those rights.   That would be utterly unconstitutional.

Again, I think he is an idiot for supporting Trump.  Still, I completely defend his freedom to be an idiot regarding politics AND the head of a non-profit of any variety without the threat of losing tax exempt status.

There are restrictions on churches supporting specific candidates.  That's what Jeffress, as pastor, is doing. I'd sure shut my checkbook if I was his parishioner.

Offline cato potatoe

Somebody please ask Robert Jeffress, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Jr., and Mike Huckabee to describe how Trump exudes the love of Christ.  Just have them cite a few examples.  It shouldn't take long.