Author Topic: Yes, Donald Trump Would Be Worse Than Any Prior Republican Nominee  (Read 1000 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....Haven’t We Voted For Some Terrible Republicans Before?

Many – if not most – #NeverTrump voters have pulled the lever for some or all of Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W. Bush, and Bob Dole as well as lots of other less-than-pure Republicans for lesser offices. I personally voted for all of them, plus backing some fairly heterodox presidential primary candidates like Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich. In the years since I became old enough to vote in 1989, the only two semi-serious GOP presidential contenders before Trump that I’d have seriously considered not voting for were Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan, both mainly for national security reasons, but at least Paul and Buchanan were dyed-in-the-wool pro-lifers, in Paul’s case grounded in his life experience as an OB/GYN.....

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2016/05/01/yes-donald-trump-worse-prior-republican-nominee/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Yes, Donald Trump Would Be Worse Than Any Prior Republican Nominee
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »
PROUDLY #nevertrump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

I can't find anything to disagree with in the article.  No, wait, I can; I wouldn't vote for a blood-drinking pagan.

Romney, McCain, Dole, Giuliani---as problematic as they were, they all pale in comparison with Trump.  Since Donald announced his run, there have been so many things that, by themselves, should have been enough to disqualify him.

Last July he admitted that he's a Democrat in some ways.

He's never found the need to ask God for forgiveness (yes, for me such spiritual arrogance is a big problem).

He openly mocked a disabled reporter.

He once stated that he wouldn't ban partial-birth abortion---and I simply don't believe that a 70 year-old man suddenly had a pro-life conversion, especially given his admitted indifference to religion.

Trump is the first presidential candidate to boast about the size of his genitals on international television.

He has expressed admiration for Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, and the Tiananmen Square crackdown.

He once claimed that 'you have to treat women like s--t."

And, for me as a Virginian, there's the fact that Trump contributed $25,000 to Terry McAuliffe's first gubernatorial campaign---McAuliffe, the leftist toad who currently squats in my governor's mansion.  That alone would be enough to ensure I could never support the man.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »
I can't find anything to disagree with in the article.  No, wait, I can; I wouldn't vote for a blood-drinking pagan.

Romney, McCain, Dole, Giuliani---as problematic as they were, they all pale in comparison with Trump.  Since Donald announced his run, there have been so many things that, by themselves, should have been enough to disqualify him.

Last July he admitted that he's a Democrat in some ways.

He's never found the need to ask God for forgiveness (yes, for me such spiritual arrogance is a big problem).

He openly mocked a disabled reporter.

He once stated that he wouldn't ban partial-birth abortion---and I simply don't believe that a 70 year-old man suddenly had a pro-life conversion, especially given his admitted indifference to religion.

Trump is the first presidential candidate to boast about the size of his genitals on international television.

He has expressed admiration for Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, and the Tiananmen Square crackdown.

He once claimed that 'you have to treat women like s--t."

And, for me as a Virginian, there's the fact that Trump contributed $25,000 to Terry McAuliffe's first gubernatorial campaign---McAuliffe, the leftist toad who currently squats in my governor's mansion.  That alone would be enough to ensure I could never support the man.

Nothing to disagree with there..... 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:13 pm »
I find it absolutely alarming that so many have been sucked into the drama that surrounds Trump and are so disillusioned with him. With all their baggage, Bush, McCain, Romney, Jeb! Ryan ... pretty much anyone of the GOPe would be better than Trump.  I never thought it would be possible that we would be faced with having our GOP nominee be more dangerous, more cunning, more deceitful than anyone of the Republican establishment in Washington!  He is a dangerous, vile, vulgar, hateful and spiteful narcissistic demagogue.  Anyone that can take the side of partial birth abortions, transgenders in our women's restrooms, throw degrading remarks towards women, disabled individuals, Hispanics, etc., is absolutely unequivocally unfit to be Commander in Chief.

Lord have mercy on this country tomorrow and may he bless Cruz with a victory in Indiana and California.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »

Lord have mercy on this country tomorrow and may he bless Cruz with a victory in Indiana and California.

#NeverTrump

:amen:  and  :amen:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn