Author Topic: Larry Wilmore Roasts the Press in White House Correspondents’ Monologue  (Read 1918 times)

Online mountaineer

Nerdy fight breaks out at WHCD afterparty between Fox News and Huffington Post reporters
 By Emily Heil May 1 at 4:44 AM
For an event held at the soaring U.S. Institute of Peace building  in Foggy Bottom, the swanky afterparty hosted by MSNBC following the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner sure saw some conflict.

In the early-morning hours of Sunday, a scuffle broke out between Fox News correspondent Jesse Watters and Ryan Grim, the Huffington Post’s Washington bureau chief. The fight — unusual among a tuxedo-clad crowd more used to venting their differences with Twitter snarks — briefly caused ripples in the party, where political staffers and journalists were grooving to tunes spun by DJ Biz Markie and noshing on mini servings of chili cheese fries.

Here’s how it went down, per several witness: Grim and Watters were among a group located in a heated tent just outside the main party area. The two apparently don’t have a personal relationship, but Grim realized who Watters was and recalled a beef he had with the “O’Reilly Factor” correspondent that dated back to 2009, when Watters, known as an “ambush journalist,” had engineered an on-camera confrontation of writer Amanda Terkel, now a HuffPo colleague of Grim. Terkel’s account of the incident was headlined “I Was Followed, Harassed, And Ambushed By Bill O’Reilly’s Producer.”  ...

... punches were thrown ...

Rest of story at WashPoo
Photo at link.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

I didn't watch it, but I have read that Wilmore used the so-called "n-word," and Obammy didn't mind one bit.
Larry Wilmore’s harshest burns in his White House correspondents’ dinner speech
By Emily Yahr May 1 at 12:38 AM
Larry Wilmore's full correspondents' dinner speech

Comedy Central star Larry Wilmore was the entertainer at the White House correspondents’ dinner on Saturday night, where he delivered a roast full of insults for everyone: President Obama, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and of course, the media. There were some audible gasps in the room at some of this material, and we’ll probably be debating for a while whether he went too far. Here are some of his harshest burns:

— “Welcome to Negro Night here in Washington. Or as Fox News will report, ‘Two thugs disrupt elegant dinner in DC.'”

—  “Nice to be here, though, at the White House correspondents’ dinner where, as you know, they’re gonna call it next year, ‘Donald Trump Hosts a Luxurious Dinner Paid For By Mexico.'”

— “A little bit about me: I am a black man who replaced a white man who pretended to be a TV newscaster. So yeah, in that way, Lester Holt and I have a lot in common.”

— “I can’t understand why everybody treats Donald Trump with kid gloves. Then I realize they’re the only gloves that will fit his stupid little baby hands.”

— To Obama: “I saw you hanging out with NBA players like Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors. That was cool. You know, it kind of makes sense too, because both of you like raining down bombs on people from long distances.”   ...

More not-so-funny stuff at WashPost

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Journalism is mere entertainment these days.

WWE will be a more accurate representation of the world in a few years.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/30/larry-wilmore-roasts-the-press-in-white-house-correspondents-monologue.html

NAILED04.30.16 10:16 PM ET
Larry Wilmore Roasts the Press in White House Correspondents’ Monologue
President Obama was a tough act to follow, but Wilmore reminded some of Stephen Colbert with his audience-unfriendly jokes.

Tonight, Larry Wilmore proved exactly why he was the perfect choice to host President Barack Obama’s final White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Even if the crowd of journalists in attendance didn’t seem to agree.

More than ever before, the president was an impossible act to follow. Not only did Obama deliver a slew of jokes at Donald Trump’s expense but he also presented an elaborate Curb Your Enthusiasm-style video that included an epic John Boehner cameo.

Wilmore began by welcoming the guests in the house once again to the event, “or as Fox News will report, two thugs disrupt elegant dinner in D.C.”  He introduced himself as “a black man who replaced a white man who pretended to be a TV newscaster,” before adding, “so yeah, in that way Lester Holt and I have a lot in common,” to groans from the crowd at Brian Williams’s expense.

He was even more harsh to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, saying, “Hey, Wolf, I’m ready to project tonight’s winner: Anyone who isn’t watching The Situation Room.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Never heard of this guy...didn't watch, don't care.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Journalism is mere entertainment these days.

WWE will be a more accurate representation of the world in a few years.

There is very little, if any, journalism around these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/30/obama-to-press-you-have-responsibility-to-question-thanks-for-working-side-by-side-with-me/

by Ian Hanchett30 Apr 20161,479

During Saturday’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner, President Obama told the media they have a “responsibility to dig, and to question,” and “It has been an honor and a privilege to work side-by-side with you to strengthen our democracy.”

Obama told the press, “It’s not enough just to give people a megaphone, and that’s why your power and your responsibility to dig, and to question, and to counter distortions and untruths is more important than ever. Taking a stand on behalf of what is true does not require you shedding your objectivity. In fact, it is the essence of good journalism.”

He concluded, “I want to close my final White House Correspondents’ Dinner by just saying, thank you. I’m very proud of what you’ve done. It has been an honor and a privilege to work side-by-side with you to strengthen our democracy.”
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Sunday, May 1, 2016
Keeping It Classy Around Here Since 2009

On display at last night’s White House Correspondents Dinner were all the skills that landed Barry in office in the first place: a keen ability to deliver lines written by others in a convincing manner. Which just so happens to be the #1 requirement on TheatreSchools.com top 10 qualities of a great actor:

Is Captivating: A great actor is so convincing in a role that he can hold an audience captive and make them feel as if there is nothing but the story at hand.

In fact, after a brief reading, I think he can check off all 10 on the list, #10 being:

10.  Has Some Sense of Vanity: A great actor has at least some degree of vanity that drives them to continue to improve and excel at the craft.

The guy is obviously a natural; he just missed his casting call.

Check it out for yourself, if you have the time and the fortitude. If not just trust me, despite all the hilarious material written for him about Hillary, Bernie, Ted and the Donald, this was the most hysterical line of the night, Barry, discussing his stunning final year approval numbers:

“The last time I was this high, I was trying to decide on my major.”

Possibly because it was the only joke not aimed at someone else, and possibly because it might be true.

In fact, Barry was soooo good, he made MC Larry Wilmore – Jon Stewart’s replacement on the Daily Show in case you were wondering – look bad. Of course Larry didn’t need a lot of help; starting with this racial zinger:

"Welcome to negro night here in Washington. Or as Fox will report, two thugs interrupt elegant dinner in D.C."

And he then proceeded to call Ben Carson a “jiggaboo,” ticked CNN’s Don Lemmon off enough to get him to give him the finger - live on camera -
 [gif at link]   and wrapped up with this send off to the Prezzie: “Yo, Barry, you did it, my [n-word our software won't permit]!”    ...

Read the rest, with photos, at Michelle Obama's Mirror

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ah, the WHCD, the annual orgy of elitist snobbery where the press and government hobnob like good buddies.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline R4 TrumPence

That guy sucked!!!  Really Really badly!!! **nononono*
Obama on the other hand, i hate to say,  was very funny. :thud:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

rangerrebew

Comedian throws around ‘N-word’ at classless WH Correspondents’ Dinner in racially divisive set
May 1, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article
Share 3.3k

Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE

In retrospect comedian Larry Wilmore, the host of Comedy Central’s “The Nightly Show” was probably not the best choice for guest comedian at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

His racially-charged jokes fell flat with the crowd, including a jab he took at CNN’s Don Lemon that cause the anchor to give Wilmore some “love” right back.

But it was his closing, as he reflected on the legacy of the first black president, that raised the most eyebrows.

He spoke of being a kid and remembering when a black man wasn’t considered capable of being a football quarterback and now living in a time where “a black man can lead the entire free world.”

“Yo Barry, you did it my n***a,” he said to President Obama.

ABC News posted the video but then quickly deleted it and CBS News cut its video off right before that part.

Watch it in its entirety below.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/05/01/comedian-throws-around-n-word-at-classless-wh-correspondents-dinner-yo-barry-you-did-it-my-n-335421#ixzz47V3pvxH6

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/30/obama-to-press-you-have-responsibility-to-question-thanks-for-working-side-by-side-with-me/

by Ian Hanchett30 Apr 20161,479

During Saturday’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner, President Obama told the media they have a “responsibility to dig, and to question,” and “It has been an honor and a privilege to work side-by-side with you to strengthen our democracy.”

Obama told the press, “It’s not enough just to give people a megaphone, and that’s why your power and your responsibility to dig, and to question, and to counter distortions and untruths is more important than ever. Taking a stand on behalf of what is true does not require you shedding your objectivity. In fact, it is the essence of good journalism.”

He concluded, “I want to close my final White House Correspondents’ Dinner by just saying, thank you. I’m very proud of what you’ve done. It has been an honor and a privilege to work side-by-side with you to strengthen our democracy.”
a “responsibility to dig, and to question,”
Uhm, yeah.  As long as it isn't you or Killary they're "digging" about, right 0?
I’m very proud of what you’ve done.
Of course you are.  They've been willing accomplices in your agenda and in suppressing the truth.
to work side-by-side with you
  Well, thanks for confirming what we all suspected.  That the media has been and still is "working with you" to ensure you and your sycophants have top cover.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

Here's the really important news about the WH correspondents' dinner:

Michelle Obama Stuns in Sheer Couture at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner

She was drafted in the third round, too, as an ILB.