Author Topic: Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win  (Read 939 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win
« on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:03 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=726572

Newsmax
Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win
Saturday, April 30, 2016 01:25 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Donald Trump Friday rejected the idea that he'll need party unity to win the White House this fall, criticizing his conservative critics and his former and current rivals while speaking to party activists at the California Republican Party convention.

"Folks, I'm a conservative, but at this point, who cares?" said Trump, according to The New York Times. "We got to straighten out the country."

Trump's talk came after he was forced to leave his motorcade and traipse through a field before climbing over an embankment with his Secret Service agents after protesters blocked his motorcade.

Once he got to the ballroom the GOP front-runner spoke more about whether he is interested in healing the Republican Party than about California and the June 7 primary, reports The Times, and included mocking his rivals as "disgusting," dumb, and as losers.

But even though he seemed to be impatient about getting along with his critics, he predicted that "ideally" they would come together. He then, though, said he thinks he'll win "even if we're not together. There are some people I honestly don’t want their endorsement.”

Trump  then turned to another point, though, saying "there should be and there has to be unity," and added, "Would I win, can I win without it? I think so."

His closest rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and former candidate Jeb Bush met with the most scorn.

He also mocked Cruz's running mate, Carly Fiorina, as having  "no votes" when she dropped her own bid, said he doesn't care if Bush endorses him, and also ridiculed his other rival, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, for his eating habits.

However, Trump's speech left at least one strategist cold.

"I didn't think that was particularly helpful," Marty Wilson, a longtime Republican strategist and California Chamber of Commerce official, commented.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

A-Lert

Re: Trump: I Don't Need GOP Unity to Win
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:58:26 pm »
Donald Trump Friday rejected the idea that he'll need party unity to win

He didn't reject it.

"Trump  then turned to another point, though, saying "there should be and there has to be unity," and added, "Would I win, can I win without it? I think so."

geronl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 02:26:40 am »
Trumps only interest is in destroying the GOP

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:40:58 am »
and included mocking his rivals as "disgusting," dumb, and as losers.

This is why it's so easy to despise this mofo.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 02:45:22 am »
Trumps only interest is in destroying the GOP

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 03:01:01 am »
and included mocking his rivals as "disgusting," dumb, and as losers.

This is why it's so easy to despise this mofo.

I've seen worse posted right here about Trump supporters.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 07:07:31 am »
"even if we're not together. There are some people I honestly don’t want their endorsement.”
If it isn't a tough guy rapist like Tyson, or a dictator like Putin, or a white supremacist like David Duke...Trump don't need 'em....

and don't even mention the ladies with blood coming out of their whatevers.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:11:37 am by Once-Ler »

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:11 am »
Well you sure are disgusting Once-Ler. The facts are different then what you claim many very smart people with character unlike a few here are for Trump. I have never seen such rancor in any group I have ever belonged to. I no longer consider this a good group to even participate in. I will wait and see how this goes before I ever bother to post on this site again. You know you can not like someone and not vote for someone without making the person out to be almost a criminal which he isn't. The pot shots at a candidate of this party and his followers on this site are ridiculous. The people with brains don't do this so we can see who are the really smart people around here and there are many that don't call Trump followers names but those that do shame on you.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 08:26:06 am »
Well you sure are disgusting Once-Ler. The facts are different then what you claim many very smart people with character unlike a few here are for Trump. I have never seen such rancor in any group I have ever belonged to. I no longer consider this a good group to even participate in. I will wait and see how this goes before I ever bother to post on this site again. You know you can not like someone and not vote for someone without making the person out to be almost a criminal which he isn't. The pot shots at a candidate of this party and his followers on this site are ridiculous. The people with brains don't do this so we can see who are the really smart people around here and there are many that don't call Trump followers names but those that do shame on you.

:hands:  Just put it on ignore and stay. Don't let the attack dogs drive you off.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 08:31:37 am »
Really Erwin...I disgust you? :pondering:

I have not called Trump supporters anything except misguided, deluded, or fools.

I have called racists,  Trump supporters.  That is because many of those vile subhuman scumsuckers idolize Trump...even though Trump employs illegals, and imports his wives.

It looks to me like you have self identified yourself Erwin...so don't blame me for your blackened soul.

Have fun at St*rmfront if that is your thing.  No one will miss you.

If that is not your thing, then join me in ridiculing the "master race."

Then we can find some common ground and stop talking past each other.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 08:45:48 am »
That's pretty much what Yeb! said.

He's sounding more establishment all the time!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!