Author Topic: Germany’s Foreign Minister SHOCKED That An American President Would Put America First  (Read 264 times)

rangerrebew

Germany’s Foreign Minister SHOCKED That An American President Would Put America First

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/germanys-foreign-minister-shocked-that-an-american-president-would-put-america-first

April 29, 2016| by Robert Gehl

Germany’s foreign minister is aghast that a potential American president wants to put “America First.”

I know – it’s shocking.

During Donald Trump’s foreign policy speech, he said if elected, his foreign policy would put American interests ahead of all others. This is shocking to Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

“I can only hope that the election campaign in the USA does not lack the perception of reality,” Steinmeier said.

“The world’s security architecture has changed and it is no longer based on two pillars alone. It cannot be conducted unilaterally,” he said, referring to Trump’s “America first” message.

Steinmeier said international conflicts could only be solved nowadays if heavyweights like the United States and Russia and others joined forces.

“No American president can get round this change in the international security architecture,” Steinmeier said, adding that this was why “‘America first’ is actually no answer to that”.

Steinmeier also said that Trump’s speech was contradictory, with the Republican calling on the one hand for ‘America first’ but on the other hand urging the United States to withdraw from the world: “Those two things don’t seem to fit together very well to me,” he said.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:27:53 am by rangerrebew »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sense that quite a few "foreign ministers" are going to be "shocked" come January 20, 2017 ...