Author Topic: Megyn Kelly to Cruz: How Could You Possibly Unite The Party Coming Out Of A Contested Convention?  (Read 424 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/28/megyn_kelly_ted_cruz_possibly_unite_republican_party_coming_out_of_a_contested_convention.html

By Ian Schwartz
Posted on April 28, 2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tlt2Ryx2o

Megyn Kelly grills Sen. Ted Cruz on how he could unite the party if two-thirds of Republicans believe the candidate with the most delegates and most votes should be the nominee for president. "If you called someone up and say, should the person with the most votes win? Anyone goes, duh, yeah," Cruz said, disagreeing with the logic behind the question.

"I agree 60% to 70% will say yes to that as well. That's a poll question that's rigged. The Trumpsters pushes it out there because it suggests -- if you ask anyone, should the person with the most votes win? Of course. But his argument is he should be the nominee even though he can't win a majority," Cruz said.

Cruz repeated several times that Trump was not going to get 1,237 delegates before the convention in July.

"He's not going to. He is not going to. He's not going to get to 1,237," Cruz insisted.

MEGYN KELLY: I'm trying to ask you about something that is concerning to your supporters, your supporters, who understand how important Indiana is to your campaign. But the polls are showing that people, some 65% of Republicans, even people who support Ted Cruz, believe the person who enters the convention with the most delegates and the most votes should likely emerge as the nominee, even if it takes -- even if he doesn't have a majority. Right now as I mentioned he has 400 more delegates than you do, he's got 3.2 million more popular votes. He won 27 states, you won 11. So given that, how could you possibly unite this party coming out of a contested convention?

SEN. TED CRUZ: Let me answer it a couple of ways. Number one, nobody is going to get to 1,237. Donald is not getting there. I'm not getting there. Donald can't get there. It's why he's so desperately trying to convince everyone the race is over because he knows --

KELLY: He can get there if he wins in Indiana and does well in California.

CRUZ: But he's not going to. He is not going to. He's not going to get to 1,237. Even when folks try to do all sorts of math he falls short. We're going to a contested convention. Listen, the poll you cited, of course people say yes. If you called someone up and say, should the person with the most votes win? Anyone goes, duh, yeah. How about asking the question that is really the relevant question: should you have to earn a majority to be the nominee?

I agree 60% to 70% will say yes to that as well. That's a poll question that's rigged. The Trumpsters pushes it out there because it suggests -- if you ask anyone, should the person with the most votes win? Of course. But his argument is he should be the nominee even though he can't win a majority.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Rut roh, Megyn may have drank the kool-aid.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
After all, Kelly had a meeting with Trump at Trump tower.  It has crossed my mind several times that she's his VP pick.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rut roh, Megyn may have drank the kool-aid.

Nah! Rupert, just like JimRob, has put out the word that it's Trump or else!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, she knelt down and kissed Trump's ring last week.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline OldSaltUSN

I think Ailes put out the word that FOXNEWS is now 100% behind Trump.  They're no longer attempting to be fair, imo.  The bias has been startling this week.

When you say that, you're essentially saying that NO ONE at Fox News has any personal integrity.  That is akin to a Trumpkin claiming that NO ONE who is not Trump is "conservative", or that ALL OPPONENTS of Trump are GOP-e.    The conservatives who have fought the battle for 40+ years are all now to be dismissed.  It's clearly untrue, and they know it's untrue when they spew that stuff.

I have no doubt that guys like Hannity are now pro-Trumpa, and Kelly had a rapprochement with THE DONALD, for a combination of personal reasons and professional advantages.    They've tried to maintain a "professional detachment", but most of these folks are from the New Jersy/New York area (of not originally, they are now).   I heard one conversation where the commentators were talking about the Northeast as being the end of Cruz politically?   Why is the Northeast more significant politically than say, California?  Why of course the Northeast is of pivotal import, because it's their whole world.   

They may or may not love Trump personally, but it's a heck of a big deal having a "favorite son" at the top of the ticket.  It was no surprise that New Yorkers went head-over-polls for THE DONALD.  He may be a bum, but he's THEIR bum, and everything about Trump's demeanor feels comfortable to most of the Beltway/Northeast corridor.

Let's not do "the Trump" just because Fox News is "unfair".  All of the media has a bias.  There's no unbiased news source anymore, but there are still principled conservatives out there, at Fox and elsewhere.  All Cruz has to do to capture the media's narrative is WIN!.  I hope he can.  I'd hate like h*ll to vote for Hillary, as I will not let THE DONALD disenfranchise me by not voting.

"I Will Give Up My Vote to Trump When They Peel My Cold Dead Fingers From Around It."

#NeverTrump because
#ForeverChristian

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Ailes put out the word that FOXNEWS is now 100% behind Trump.  They're no longer attempting to be fair, imo.  The bias has been startling this week.

The manipulation by our betters this election season has been startling.  I think we've all been had.   The GOP, Hillary, all of them are laughing at how easy we are to herd.

When the one man that stood up to them all is villified by the unwashed, something is amiss.

Andrea Tantaros booted from Fox News – at least for now

http://conservativefiringline.com/andrea-tantaros-booted-from-fox-news-at-least-for-now/#
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OldSaltUSN

http://conservativefiringline.com/andrea-tantaros-booted-from-fox-news-at-least-for-now/#

Well, heck, if this is true, unless it's purely about business issues (e.g. money, contract renewal, etc.), then I may have to walk back my earlier comments about Fox News personalities and their integrity.  If Tantaros is in fact being booted over her anti-Trump views, and we don't see a wave of walk outs by other supportive Fox newies, then it is probably true that Ailes has gone "THE FULL DONALD".

If so, then Fox News has become DrudgeReport, and none of the headliners are worth a warm bucket of spit.   I know that Tony Snow would never have tolerated this kind of biased editorial meddling.  Limbaugh would laugh at Ailes.

Color me skeptical at this point.   We need to watch this closely. 

Offline OldSaltUSN

Hmmmm, it appears that she's a Trump supporter, based on my further google research.

Doesn't matter to me.  This Cruz supporter also supports Tantaros, and her right to an independent opinion.  I support the same with Kelly, Hannity, and etc.   I'd prefer fairness and full disclosure, but I wouldn't slam any of them just because they have a different conservative opinion than I do.

Fox ought to bring her back, and with swimsuit pictures.    :beer:

(just kidding; she's beautiful mainly because she's bright, and appears to have a good, honest heart.  Her Greek and Italian bloodlines have nothing to do with it. )

Wingnut

Well there must be more to this story.  That just ain't right.

HAPPY2BME

I think we've all been had.   The GOP, Hillary, all of them are laughing at how easy we are to herd.

===========================

Not just had.  Gang raped.  For over twenty years.  Starting with GHWB through GWB through John McCain, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and the controlling interested lobbyists of the Chamber of Commerce and the Roman Catholic Church.

How does it feel?