Author Topic: WaPo: Ted Cruz Was John Boehner's Lawyer  (Read 611 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo: Ted Cruz Was John Boehner's Lawyer
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:49:43 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=726311

Newsmax
WaPo: Ted Cruz Was John Boehner's Lawyer
Thursday, April 28, 2016 04:11 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Ted Cruz's claim on Thursday that he never knew or worked with John Boehner has been called into question following the revelation that the Texas senator once served as the former House speaker's lawyer.

After Boehner criticized Cruz as "Lucifer in the flesh" and a "miserable son of a b****," Cruz responded by proclaiming, "If I said 50 words in my life to John Boehner, I'd be surprised … I've never worked with John Boehner…. I've never known the man."

But as the Washington Post reports, Cruz – the second-place candidate in the race for the Republican presidential nomination – once worked as Boehner's lawyer.

In 1998, Boehner, then House Republican Conference chairman, sued Rep. Jim McDermott, a Washington Democrat, for allegedly violating wiretapping laws by leaking a private phone chat between Boehner and then-Speaker Newt Gingrich to the press.

The Post says Cruz defended Boehner publically after he used the wiretapping case to help raise money for his legal bills.

"The fund-raising letter is much ado about nothing," Cruz told the Seattle Times at the time.

"Congressman McDermott has consistently attempted to delay the litigation and drive up the expense. It is reasonably expected that Congressman Boehner will use the means at his disposal to raise the funds to pursue this lawsuit."

And in a 2014 appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Boehner, who was then House speaker, said: "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
Re: WaPo: Ted Cruz Was John Boehner's Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »
EXCLUSIVE!! TED CRUZ statement SHOOTS DOWN Boehner claim calling him a LIAR!

http://therightscoop.com/exclusive-ted-cruz-statement-shoots-down-boehner-claim-calling-him-a-liar/#ixzz47EAy0aas

We reached out to the Cruz campaign and got this exclusive statement:

“It is false and misleading to describe Ted Cruz as having been ‘John Boehner’s lawyer.’  When Cruz was a young lawyer, his boss (Mike Carvin) was hired to be Boehner’s lawyer in one case. Cruz worked as a junior associate on that case, but he doesn’t remember even meeting Boehner, much less ever having had a substantive conversation with him.”

Another Story on it...

No, Ted Cruz was not ‘John Boehner’s lawyer’
http://www.trevorloudon.com/2016/04/no-cruz-was-not-john-boehners-lawyer/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:27:08 pm »
And in a 2014 appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Boehner, who was then House speaker, said: "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."
So how does he go from a "good guy" to "Lucifer in the flesh" in only two years?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:54:06 pm »
So how does he go from a "good guy" to "Lucifer in the flesh" in only two years?

And it's interesting that Trump supporting Boehner comes out right before the critical Indiana primary with a pack of BS to damage Cruz, benefiting Trump. Sounds like a pre-planned hit job.
The Republic is lost.