Author Topic: 20 Arrested As Crowd Turns Violent Outside Trump Rally in CA  (Read 1826 times)

Offline libertybele

20 Arrested As Crowd Turns Violent Outside Trump Rally in CA
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »
Unbelievable ... that a Trump rally would be televised ... the very beginning when he brought out people holding pictures of loved one lost to the crimes of illegals was heartfelt...afterwards when Trump started talking and brought up lining up Muslims, bullets and pig blood and then he started to mouth off again, I tuned him out.  In fact, I found myself praying for this country! He is a disgusting, vile human being. This is who millions of people are supporting??  After listening to part of his speech it is no wonder that violence always erupts at his rallies.

20 arrested as crowd turns violent outside Trump rally in California

Police arrested 20 people outside a Donald Trump rally in California Thursday night amid the worst violence since last month’s cancelation of a campaign event in Chicago.

Hundreds of protesters blocked traffic in the streets surrounding the event in Costa Mesa, south of Los Angeles. A police car was smashed by a crowd.

Fights were seen breaking out and some chanted “Racists go home!” Others repeatedly yelled “Whose streets? Our streets!” as police moved to control the crowd. A car started doing donuts in the street amid the action.

A police car was seen with smashed windows and a person was jumping up and down on top of the vehicle. Another person appeared to be writing on the cruiser, and others tried to flip the vehicle....

...Protests at Trump rallies have occasionally ended in clashes. In March, a planned Trump rally in Chicago descended into chaos, with fistfights breaking out between supporters and opponents of the controversial candidate.

The clashes took place as Trump addresses a crowd of thousands, taking a swipe at opponents including Ted Cruz who he criticized for choosing a running mate despite his campaign being “totally mathematically dead.”

Jose Cruz, 21, told the Los Angeles Times that the protests reflected “the anger people have against Trump.”...

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/20-arrested-crowd-turns-violent-outside-trump-rally-california
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:00:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: 20 Arrested As Crowd Turns Violent Outside Trump Rally in CA
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:33:58 pm »
IMO this explains Trump's popularity within the GOP more than anything else. I know how "conservatives" think but when we're under attack, we tend to gravitate to the individual under attack. Hence Trump. Without protesters I think Trump would have been another marginal candidate.

Cruz did not favors either by not sticking up for Trump.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:42:59 pm »
IMO this explains Trump's popularity within the GOP more than anything else. I know how "conservatives" think but when we're under attack, we tend to gravitate to the individual under attack. Hence Trump. Without protesters I think Trump would have been another marginal candidate.

Cruz did not favors either by not sticking up for Trump.

???? Wow.  Finding justification for a candidate who incites and promotes violence is quite revealing.  He's popular because he creates mayhem?  Really?  That's what you want in a president?  A backyard bully?  A backyard bully that has now put a huge target on the backs of every American and this country??  Secondly, he's NOT president.  He is not even the nominee!

As for Cruz, why would he stick up for Trump?  Trump is absolutely clueless, has little moral character and unfit to be Commander in Chief.  By the same token, Cruz is a constitutional conservative and ready to be Commander in Chief on day one.  Why isn't Trump sticking up for Cruz?  No, at every chance he tries to degrade the man's convictions.  It is a sad day when someone who stands up for the people of America and the Constitution is looked down upon by some liberal whacko.  Trump is an uncouth, despicable narcissist!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »
Unbelievable ... that a Trump rally would be televised ... the very beginning when he brought out people holding pictures of loved one lost to the crimes of illegals was heartfelt...afterwards when Trump started talking and brought up lining up Muslims, bullets and pig blood and then he started to mouth off again, I tuned him out.  In fact, I found myself praying for this country! He is a disgusting, vile human being. This is who millions of people are supporting??  After listening to part of his speech it is no wonder that violence always erupts at his rallies.

Trump continues to mouth that completely discredited story about General Pershing and dipping bullets in pigs blood.  Surely he knows there's no truth to it.  All this is meant to do is inspire hatred of Muslims.

Yes he is vile. And he will continue his vileness until he is stopped.  Looks like it won't be by Republicans. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 01:50:29 pm »

???? Wow.  Finding justification for a candidate who incites and promotes violence is quite revealing.  He's popular because he creates mayhem?  Really?  That's what you want in a president?  A backyard bully?  A backyard bully that has now put a huge target on the backs of every American and this country??  Secondly, he's NOT president.  He is not even the nominee!

As for Cruz, why would he stick up for Trump?  Trump is absolutely clueless, has little moral character and unfit to be Commander in Chief.  By the same token, Cruz is a constitutional conservative and ready to be Commander in Chief on day one.  Why isn't Trump sticking up for Cruz?  No, at every chance he tries to degrade the man's convictions.  It is a sad day when someone who stands up for the people of America and the Constitution is looked down upon by some liberal whacko.  Trump is an uncouth, despicable narcissist!

You're thinking logically, which is your biggest problem in explaining Trump. I'm saying that viscerally seeing a bunch of foaming at the mouth protesters attacking Trump supporters and causing mayhem, makes "conservatives" emotionally more likely to support him. When Cruz didn't defend Trump after Chicago, I think that turned a lot of potential voters off.

Trump gets his biggest support in blue states for a good reason: people there feel under assault by the government and media. Living in Massachusetts I've felt it myself.

Just my $.02. I don't like it but I believe that's the way it is.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »

Those who come to do violence are going to do so, regardless of the rhetoric coming from the platform. Trump knows this. It keeps him on top of the news cycle. So he has no reason to tone down the rhetoric.

My basic problem with Trump is that he seems to conflate PC with common decency and respect. Plain speaking is one thing, and a fine thing. I can be done without an appeal  to the lowest of our emotions.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »
Trump continues to mouth that completely discredited story about General Pershing and dipping bullets in pigs blood.  Surely he knows there's no truth to it.  All this is meant to do is inspire hatred of Muslims.

Pay attention to Trump's words. The truth is not all that important to him. Note how much he uses phrases like, "many people say..." or, "I saw it reported...".

Read a transcript to see how he dodges, spins and evades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »
I fear for what may happen at the convention, regardless of who the nominee is.   Both conventions, because the Democrats are not immune from violent protest from anarchist and have saw it before in the last two elections - and it will be in Philly.   All the elements are place to make this a very ugly, destructive and violent summer. Maybe the worse on record.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/violent-anti-trump-protesters-bloody-trump-supporters-throw-rocks-smash-car-windows-ca-rally/

Kristinn Taylor Apr 29th, 2016

Hundreds of mostly Latino anti-Trump protesters bloodied Donald Trump supporters, threw rocks at cars and smashed windows on vehicles–including police cars–following a huge campaign rally by the leading Republican presidential candidate in Costa Mesa, California Thursday night.

If trump wins, civil war will happen and I’m coming after you first,” says a Mexican to a blonde with fake boobs. “I’m ready for you bitch”

That drew a comment that relayed a threat of machete attacks by Mexicans if Trump wins:

@marykayyy @marymad yesterday a well conected Mexican artist said to me that if Trump wins Mexicans would start hacking Americans w Machetes”

Jim Dalrymple II of Buzzfeeed posted video of anti-Trump protesters trying to flip a police car.

Gina Ferazzi of the Los Angeles Times posted video of a mob anti-Trump Latino men attacking passing vehicles:

“#Trump protesters getting violent. Throwing debris at cars driving by”

Ruben Vives of the Los Angeles Times reported on rocks being thrown by the anti-Trump protesters:

“Be warn rocks are being thrown at motorists near on ramp to 55 fwy on Newport Blvd. #CostaMesa”

“New group of protesters have emerged at Fair Drive and Newport Blvd. Some threw rocks at two police cars.”

Eric Luttrell of KSEE/KGPE posted an overhead photo of the protesters facing off against police:

“Trump protesters clash in Costa Mesa. Live team coverage on the “Trump Effect” at 11.”

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »
Over at Free Republic, where I've got restricted posting rights, I remarked on this topic "Cue up the Horst Wessel Lied." It got right past the moderators, and nobody seems to have gotten the gist of it. They're not very quick, it seems.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 06:57:42 pm »
Over at Free Republic, where I've got restricted posting rights, I remarked on this topic "Cue up the Horst Wessel Lied." It got right past the moderators, and nobody seems to have gotten the gist of it. They're not very quick, it seems.

================================

Interesting how FR has evolved from it's inception to now.

First, JR was against GWB.  Then (with donations from the GOP), sudden banning ensued anyone knocking GWB.

Now, JR has done another 180' backing Donald Trump.

SacBee days are here again.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »
Some innocent, unsuspecting persons heading home from work take the freeway ramp, nothing to do with political rally, get rocks thrown at their cars by violent, political demonstrators, led on by instigators from far, far left most likely.

Those violent demonstrators, are effectively standing up for the murderers of innocent Americans, at the hands of illegal immigrants, which Trump brings to the fore.

Nice political allies, for the anti-Trump faction?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18:29 pm »
Those violent demonstrators, are effectively standing up for the murderers of innocent Americans, at the hands of illegal immigrants, which Trump brings to the fore.

=============================================

Can't be said enough.

The crowd is mostly Latinos.  Many are dreamers.  They want a physical, violent rebellion.  Not just against Donald Trump, but against the entire country.

Viva La Raza.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 07:24:45 pm »
Some innocent, unsuspecting persons heading home from work take the freeway ramp, nothing to do with political rally, get rocks thrown at their cars by violent, political demonstrators, led on by instigators from far, far left most likely.

Open question for Trump supporters. I want to like Trump, I really do. These protestors make my blood boil.

I have Muslim coworkers. I'm friends with them. I consider them colleagues.  They have families. They pay taxes. They have the same issue we all have.

What do I tell them? How would I explain a vote for Trump to them?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-gop-convention-htmlstory.html

Live updates from California Republican Party convention: Trump arrives for lunch speech as protests get more intense
April 29 2016, 12:12 PM

Welcome to a special edition of Essential Politics, our live feed from the California Republican Party convention in Burlingame. Here's a quick glance at the agenda. The event runs Friday through Sunday morning:

Donald Trump is the first of the presidential candidates to speak
    Ohio Gov. John Kasich speaks Friday evening
    Saturday belongs to Sen. Ted Cruz , who will speak at lunch. Carly Fiorina , the former HP executive Cruz has selected as a potential running mate, speaks in the evening

We're covering the convention all weekend in this space. Make sure you're following us on Twitter and keep an eye on the latimespolitics Snapchat account for a behind-the-scenes look at the convention.

Happening Live on Fox
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/278207-trump-speech-in-california-draws-massive-protest

April 29, 2016, 03:26 pm
Protesters swarm Trump speech

By Jessie Hellmann

Anti-Donald Trump protesters swarmed the California Republican convention on Friday, the second day in a row the GOP presidential front-runner has faced massive protests at events in the state.

Protesters blocked off the road in front of the convention site in Burlingame and police used batons to prevent protesters from entering the building, CNN reports.

Trump could be seen trying to avoid protesters by entering through a back entrance of the Hyatt Regency where the convention is taking place.

The Friday protest follows one in Orange County Thursday night, where 17 were arrested and a police car was smashed outside a Trump rally.

Protesters broke a window, punctured the tires of a police sport utility vehicle and at one point tried to flip a police car, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »
Open question for Trump supporters. I want to like Trump, I really do. These protestors make my blood boil.

I have Muslim coworkers. I'm friends with them. I consider them colleagues.  They have families. They pay taxes. They have the same issue we all have.

Funny, I thought you didn't discuss politics outside of here? Don't tell them anything.

Trump isn't going to deport all muslims here. It's possible that mosques would get more scrutiny if Trump were elected, and I don't see that as a bad thing. I'm pretty much a live and let live kind of guy, I have no problem with Sikhs, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Amish, or whatever. I do have a problem with a religion that has a strong faction that wants me dead, for no other reason that I exist.

Maybe you can tell your muslim friends that if muslims would turn in the radicals in their midst, they wouldn't be looked at as they are now.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »

Why make your acceptance of Trump, contingent upon making your muslim co-workers 100% comfortable?

My mother grew up in SoCal, where Japanese were taken for internment. Later, we learned that most were loyal to America. We also learned a few were not. That conflict is a sad aspect of war.

Trump effectively said we should suspend muslims from entering, until we understand what is going on.

He did NOT say shut it down entirely.

Your muslim friends should be on the same side. They should not want to be killed by muslim or any other kind of political or criminal violence.

In 1979 I was betrayed by my trust in an Iranain-muslim co-worker. I drank with him, and practically wrote his MBA thesis for him. Yet when his muslim countrymen took Americans hostage in Tehran, he sided with them.

He was instantly shunned by his coworkers, and left the firm soon. The firm continued the operations in Iran, using locals (muslims) as soon as we could get Americans and other expatriats out of the danger of Iran.

I was at the rally yesterday in Costa Mesa. There were MORE Hispanics inside as Trump supporters, than outside as malcontents committing violent acts against people and property.

So Hispanics were on both sides yesterday, just as muslims may be on both sides in your circle of contacts.

Not widely discussed, but during WWII smaller numbers of Germans and Italians were interned, not just Japanese.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 07:59:30 pm »
Why make your acceptance of Trump, contingent upon making your muslim co-workers 100% comfortable?   ...

Trump effectively said we should suspend muslims from entering, until we understand what is going on. He did NOT say shut it down entirely.
This is true. While I don't care for Mr. Trump as a presidential candidate, I do wish people would report his stance accurately. Personally, I wouldn't care how comfortable my presidential choice made anyone else, if I truly believed I was voting my conscience, consistent with my principles.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »
This is true. While I don't care for Mr. Trump as a presidential candidate, I do wish people would report his stance accurately. Personally, I wouldn't care how comfortable my presidential choice made anyone else, if I truly believed I was voting my conscience, consistent with my principles.
Thanks for your politically mature breath of fresh air.

We have a frigging lawyer on this site (frequent outspoken Kasich supporter), equating Mr. Trump to Hitler, and stating several time he would vote for Hillary.

In fact I attended the Trump rally in Costa Mesa. There were MORE Hispanics inside supporting Mr. Trump, than outside creating violence.

ALL, as in one hundred percent, 100% of the violence was from anti-Trump, inspite of what mindless bullshit gets claimed on this site.

The violent anti-Trump Hispanics and white sympathizers, were Marxist driven types. So there are two types or more of Hispanics, just as there are two types of muslims or more.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 08:20:36 pm »

I think one could safely bet their last dollar that these types ain't supportin' Ted Cruz.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 08:28:22 pm »
The anti-Trump rioters are, without a doubt, the same folks who accepted pay to be Occupy Wall Streeters and Black Lives Matter protesters. Thanks, Mr. Soros! Otherwise, they might actually have to work for a living.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 10:54:03 pm »
Very disingenuous to say these vermin of allies of #nevertrump. Although I'm not #nevertrump, I am certainly anti-trump and I tell ya' if it was legal and I had a baseball bat I'd go to town on these scumbags.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 01:06:54 am »
sinkspur:
"Trump continues to mouth that completely discredited story about General Pershing and dipping bullets in pigs blood.  Surely he knows there's no truth to it."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 01:08:06 am »

Yes he is vile. And he will continue his vileness until he is stopped.  Looks like it won't be by Republicans.

The story about Pershing could be seen in several different ways; Trump trying to prove he's a tough guy, Trump trying to rally his supporters against Muslims or Trump trying to send a clear message to Muslim countries.  Regardless of his intent, he just put a huge bulls-eye  on the back of all Americans.   He's about as fit to be Commander in Chief as Donald Duck!