Author Topic: Carly Fiorina, Hand-picked Mongoose (Exclusive to GOPBR)  (Read 9579 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Carly Fiorina, Hand-picked Mongoose (Exclusive to GOPBR)
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:23 am »
Except for California, I suspect most Americans have already forgotten who she is/was.

As a political candidate, perhaps they had. As the lady who mismanaged Hewlett-Packard,
probably not.

And she does sound good in a debate, until you hear the same phrases over and over.

What made her work in a debate or on the stump was that she does have her own kind of
cool composure, she doesn't rattle easily. The problem with that is that, well, the unflappable
can look either diffident or careless if they just so happen to be in the middle of a maelstrom,
as she was in her final days at H-P. She can be so composed that she looks like she
couldn't care less.

Either way, picking her without really giving her the vetting called for was a stupid move on
Cruz's part. Aside from how foolish it is to name a running mate before you have a nomination,
Cruz looked like he's anything but a deep thinker, he looked almost like someone handed him a
hat to pick a name from. Remember what I wrote in the original essay: say what you will about
Romney or Obama, but at least they and their teams did months of proper vetting before they
got their nominations; they at least looked as though they cared about more than a body
temperature and a blood count in a running mate. Cruz doesn't. Big mistake.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 01:57:28 am »
Except for California, I suspect most Americans have already forgotten who she is/was.  And she does sound good in a debate, until you hear the same phrases over and over.

Those Salem Broadcasters, Hewitt, Medved have continued to have Carly on; in most cases, I agree with her, not all. She's mostly on the ball with her answers.

Maybe the Cruz camp wanted to have a running mate, maybe they tried some other names like let's say Rubio or even Haley and were turned down but Fiorina said yes.

Offline Jackson

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 04:12:28 am »
It's a long way to the California primary. Trump is a major jackass and ignorant buffoon, and jackasses and buffoons wear on people. People are already pretty sick of this particular orange jackass.

Meanwhile there will be additional Cruz victories, and you must remember also, that Cruz loyalists will RUN the convention. Cruz delegates (even ones pledged to Trump on the first or second ballot) will dominate the rules committee, the credentials committee, and the platform committee. Trump's ONLY chance at this is to get the 2237 delegates locked up ahead of the convention, and the chance of that happening is slim to none.

A-Lert

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 04:22:02 am »
Those Salem Broadcasters, Hewitt, Medved have continued to have Carly on; in most cases, I agree with her, not all. She's mostly on the ball with her answers.

Maybe the Cruz camp wanted to have a running mate, maybe they tried some other names like let's say Rubio or even Haley and were turned down but Fiorina said yes.

Choosing a VP candidate, being a distant second in delegates, rings of desperation.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 06:08:16 am »

Or maybe Screws needed to change the narrative and fast after losing so big on Tuesday
and doing what you don't normally do until you have the presidential nomination was
a big way to do it. In that regard it was a success; he sure as hell got a big number of
people talking about it. Except that she brings him a trainload of liabilities that---on the
outside chance he does land the nomination (an extremely outside chance at that)---
the Democrats will be salivating to load into the torpedoes they fire.

I say again: a Milli Vanilli record would stand up to scrutiny better than Fiorina's record.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 06:48:47 am »
Choosing a VP candidate, being a distant second in delegates, rings of desperation.

Least he hasn't supported baby killing.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »

No question Cruz had to move the needle and quickly.  Haley would have been a better choice but at this point she's not about to jump onto a sinking ship, not with her bright future.  Likely the same can be said for Marco.  But Carly's not the worst by far, though after listening to her several debates, I'm not sure how deep her ideology goes.  she's quick on her feet, but relies too much on her sound bites.  Marco did the same.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 12:51:50 pm »
Least he hasn't supported baby killing.

Has Carly?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »
I am interested in the thoughts of people on this forum.

Why do you suppose Cruz did not select Kasich as his VP? Did he ask, and Kasich declined the offer?

The purpose of this question is that Kasich would have brought real immediate value to Cruz in terms of delegates. Fiorina brings nothing really, except a vagina. And she is a wild-card, similar to when McCain chose Palin.

I know Kasich is more of a Democrat than a Republican. But, at this point, I would expect Cruz to be in a 'win at all cost' mode of thinking. I do not understand the strategic value of the Fiorina choice.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »

Why do you suppose Cruz did not select Kasich as his VP? Did he ask, and Kasich declined the offer?

The purpose of this question is that Kasich would have brought real immediate value to Cruz in terms of delegates. Fiorina brings nothing really, except a vagina. And she is a wild-card, similar to when McCain chose Palin.

I know Kasich is more of a Democrat than a Republican. But, at this point, I would expect Cruz to be in a 'win at all cost' mode of thinking. I do not understand the strategic value of the Fiorina choice.

Cruz's only hope is California. He's desperately hoping Carly can help.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »

First I think that's a completely unnecessary and crude description of Carly.  Personally, I'd modify that.  As for Cruz and Carly, given that Cruz is sitting in a heavily leaking lifeboat, he needed someone to be a game-changer for him, and fast.  I do think He and Kasich talked, as both are in the same lifeboat.  Why the talks broke down is anyone's guess.

But women in general aren't thrilled with Cruz much more than they are with Trump, in my humble estimation.  And Carly is quick on her feet.  She certainly helps him with his "likeability" issue, and can more easily criticize Hillary.  With the business experience, Cruz sees her as being able to help neutralize that of Trump.

Outside of that, I just don't think anyone else wanted to join the Cruz team with his chances of success falling like one of North Korea's missiles.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 02:02:19 pm »

I strongly disagree with your description of Carly and think Ted picked her because she is smart as a whip, solid in her conservatism, and because she will be a valuable asset to him in many ways both in getting the nomination and as president!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 07:21:38 pm »
As a political candidate, perhaps they had. As the lady who mismanaged Hewlett-Packard,
probably not.

What made her work in a debate or on the stump was that she does have her own kind of
cool composure, she doesn't rattle easily. The problem with that is that, well, the unflappable
can look either diffident or careless if they just so happen to be in the middle of a maelstrom,
as she was in her final days at H-P. She can be so composed that she looks like she
couldn't care less.

Either way, picking her without really giving her the vetting called for was a stupid move on
Cruz's part. Aside from how foolish it is to name a running mate before you have a nomination,
Cruz looked like he's anything but a deep thinker, he looked almost like someone handed him a
hat to pick a name from. Remember what I wrote in the original essay: say what you will about
Romney or Obama, but at least they and their teams did months of proper vetting before they
got their nominations; they at least looked as though they cared about more than a body
temperature and a blood count in a running mate. Cruz doesn't. Big mistake.

Good posts both of you.

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 07:26:06 pm »
Or maybe Screws needed to change the narrative and fast after losing so big on Tuesday
and doing what you don't normally do until you have the presidential nomination was
a big way to do it. In that regard it was a success; he sure as hell got a big number of
people talking about it. Except that she brings him a trainload of liabilities that---on the
outside chance he does land the nomination (an extremely outside chance at that)---
the Democrats will be salivating to load into the torpedoes they fire.

I say again: a Milli Vanilli record would stand up to scrutiny better than Fiorina's record.
:patriot: I also think Cruz is going after the womens vote here. Trump will at some point say something about iCarly to put the masses in a tizzy, then hil/Cruz can use the Trump is mean to women card.

Offline flowers

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »

Maybe they GOPe told Cruz to back off Kasich so they could toss him out if Trump doesn't get the delegates he needs?

Offline flowers

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
Cruz's only hope is California. He's desperately hoping Carly can help.
I listen to KFI out of Los Angeles. From what I hear she isn't well liked in Cali.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 08:22:11 pm »
I listen to KFI out of Los Angeles. From what I hear she isn't well liked in Cali.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. Which only adds to the mystery of choosing her.

If Kasich was unwilling, Rubio, Carson, would have brought delegates with them. What the hell, even Bush may have been a better choice.

Ich verstehe nicht.

But Cruz must something up his sleeve which we do not know yet. I guess?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 08:27:31 pm »
Yeah, that was my impression as well. Which only adds to the mystery of choosing her.

If Kasich was unwilling, Rubio, Carson, would have brought delegates with them. What the hell, even Bush may have been a better choice.

Ich verstehe nicht.

Purely a desperation move.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 04:12:00 pm »
:patriot: I also think Cruz is going after the womens vote here. Trump will at some point say something about iCarly to put the masses in a tizzy, then hil/Cruz can use the Trump is mean to women card.

:boring:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 04:12:48 pm »

Then you should be giggling with happiness over Cruz' choice.  Or is that cackling?

Offline flowers

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
Then you should be giggling with happiness over Cruz' choice.  Or is that cackling?
No I didn't like her then. Tried to like her this time around. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 06:00:37 pm »
No I didn't like her then. Tried to like her this time around.

When McCain selected Palin I thought it was a good move because she represented a great balance to him on several levels.  When she gave her nomination acceptance speech I thought the sun was shining brightly on the GOP.  Then realism set in when she gave interviews.  The sun went behind the clouds.  When Carly came into the debates I was truly amazed at how good she sounded, and seemed to have depth to her responses.  But as the debates wore on, she seemed more and more to offer little other than the same sound-bites over and over.

But I can understand why Cruz tried to hit this home run ball.  Just don't think it worked.

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 06:13:39 pm »
When McCain selected Palin I thought it was a good move because she represented a great balance to him on several levels.  When she gave her nomination acceptance speech I thought the sun was shining brightly on the GOP.  Then realism set in when she gave interviews.  The sun went behind the clouds.  When Carly came into the debates I was truly amazed at how good she sounded, and seemed to have depth to her responses.  But as the debates wore on, she seemed more and more to offer little other than the same sound-bites over and over.

But I can understand why Cruz tried to hit this home run ball.  Just don't think it worked.
I agree with all of your post.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »

Close to the truth I think; others simply declined, but Carly accepted. Why would a career politician having a future, want to be associated with Ted's debacle?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »

Ich verstehe nicht.

How about Cruz has lousy political judgment? Carly is a 3 time loser.

--HP
--Calif. Senate run
--Presidential run

I see youtubes of Cruz amazing political judgment, with his father preaching about his anointing, Beck crying, Carly singing etc.

And maybe a bonus for Heidi calling him "an immigrant."

I see Cruz as an example used in future "PoliSci" classes for bonehead campaign management, strategy, tactics, execution etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln