Author Topic: Army retains decorated Green Beret it planned to kick out over confronting Afghan child rapist  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thank you but I didn't say it to get thanks.  I said those things because I have been in similar positions.   I watched these South Korean organized crime guys rape one of their girls after beating the crap out of her on the street.   All with the police watching.   I know the feeling of wanting to do something but knowing that if I did that I'd probably end up missing and dead.

I respect this guy for what he did.  I know the rape of children in Afghanistan and Iraq is not uncommon and frequently overlooked.  Our military leaders and politicians should certainly have never allowed this to be handled this way.

We can't save every child but it certainly seems that we should where possible.

I suspect that you have seen many things that you wish you hadn't!  I can tell you for sure that I have!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So you're a POG-type who would sit in a tent and listen to one of those deviants rape a little boy over and over again and do absolutely nothing about it, just because of some warped sense of diplomatic protocol and misguided military accommodation for local authority?

Well, I'm certainly relieved to see that the moral rot that has infected the U.S. has largely by-passed our Armed Forces....geeez.

ESAD,know nothing poser. Reality is obviously too much for you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trust me Timber, Sneakypete has more than paid his dues.  He's anything but a POG.  Both of us as well as Bigun have been there and done that.  We disagree on this particular issue, but not enough to get personal.   :patriot:

Amazing how some adults can read an explanation for something that happened,be give the reasons it happened,and then assume the person explaining it approves of it.

I don't like cancer either,but it exists and has to be dealt with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:44:10 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We aren't in Afghanistan in a clandestine manner the last I heard.

There are many things that go on the public is never aware of,nor should you be aware of the details.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
ESAD,know nothing poser. Reality is obviously too much for you.

You need to take this one down or rephrase it my friend!  It's a tad bit to salty for this place IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thank you but I didn't say it to get thanks.  I said those things because I have been in similar positions.   I watched these South Korean organized crime guys rape one of their girls after beating the crap out of her on the street.   All with the police watching.   I know the feeling of wanting to do something but knowing that if I did that I'd probably end up missing and dead.

I respect this guy for what he did.  I know the rape of children in Afghanistan and Iraq is not uncommon and frequently overlooked.  Our military leaders and politicians should certainly have never allowed this to be handled this way.

We can't save every child but it certainly seems that we should where possible.

Once again,they are foreign countries,not American states. Their local laws apply to Americans,just like American laws apply to foreigners when they come here. WE HAVE NO POWER OR AUTHORITY TO VIOLATE OR DICTATE LOCAL LAWS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

In GENERAL,most foreign countries where US troops are deployed have agreements with the host nations that US troops arrested for local crimes be tried by US authorities and if found guilty,imprisoned by US authorities,but I know of several cases where US Marines were arrested for raping Okinawan women,and served their time in a Japanese prison. Given the nature of the Japanese when it comes to dealing with non-Japanese criminals on their home islands,I'm betting those Marines didn't end up having a lot of fun.

A friend of mine on Okinawa in the US Army was sentenced to 30 years in prison for killing a Okinawan bar owner with a knife. He and 1 other guy were involved in a fist fight with several Marines,when one of the Marines pulled a knife,so my friend pulled out his knife. The bar owner chose to grab my friend instead of the Marine,so my friend quite naturally stuck several holes in him rapidly to free himself up to face the Marine. I PERSONALLY think that anybody foolish enough to grab somebody involved in a knife fight NEEDS to be stabbed,and it was self-defense,but the Japanese courts didn't see it that way,and off to a Japanese prison this 21 year old soldier went.

Their nation,their rules.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
There are many things that go on the public is never aware of,nor should you be aware of the details.

You're not the only one whose been places and done things.  Heck I have 55 years left on my non disclosure and I signed it 20 years ago.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You're not the only one whose been places and done things.  Heck I have 55 years left on my non disclosure and I signed it 20 years ago.

I never claimed I was,but I HAVE been places and done things as a SF soldier,which were obviously not the same things you did or you wouldn't be asking questions about it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I never claimed I was,but I HAVE been places and done things as a SF soldier,which were obviously not the same things you did or you wouldn't be asking questions about it.

I wasn't asking questions.   I've tried to be polite.   Take your ego and stuff it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wasn't asking questions.   I've tried to be polite.   Take your ego and stuff it.

Yet you only succeeded in being a pompous ass. Congratulations.