Author Topic: FOX 45 Evacuated For Suspicious Person (Baltimore)  (Read 291 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
FOX 45 Evacuated For Suspicious Person (Baltimore)
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:39:08 pm »
Sounds like the situation is under control.  The suspect was talking about conspiracies?

This was on the National News; this is more than a local story.

FOX 45 Evacuated For Suspicious Person

The building housing Baltimore's FOX45 and CW54 was evacuated Thursday afternoon for a suspicious person.

The studio is in the 2000 block of West 41st Street. The building was evacuated around 1 p.m, and police and fire resources responded to the scene.

"I would say I've never had to evacuate because of a threat," said WBFF-TV news director Mike Tomko, who added the station's newscasts tonight would proceed as usual if they're allowed back inside.

"They're a little worried, but everybody's safe," Tomko said. "They're all professionals."

He said it's not unusual for people to visit the station trying to get their message across, but what happened here is: a man wearing a mask and sunglasses entered and said he had a bomb.

The security guard, a man identified as Jourel Apostolidies, said the man handed him a flash drive. On the drive were videos of the man talking to the camera about what he believed were government conspiracies.

"My first thought was to get him out," he said. "My first instinct was to make sure he keeps his cool head."

The man was wearing a hedgehog onesie, light vest and combat boots, Apostolidies said. After he issued a request for staff to evacuate, he said he sat down and talked with the man.

"I'm not going to say I saw a bomb, what I saw was an attempt to make a fake bomb," he said.

Read More At: http://www.wbal.com/article/159947/124/fox-45-evacuated-for-suspicious-person
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:39:36 pm by TomSea »

geronl

Re: FOX 45 Evacuated For Suspicious Person (Baltimore)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:59 pm »
In Related News

Trump scheduled to arrive any second at FOX45... Our cameras are waiting.... (meanwhile he is being shoved into a police van)

(just kidding)