Author Topic: A Hero's Passing  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Cachelot

A Hero's Passing
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:41:31 am »
https://junipersec.wordpress.com/2016/04/15/bad-news/

Not very familiar with the format here, so I'm just leaving you with a link notice at the beginning. I have rather a lot of material, though, which I'lll put up later.

Offline Cachelot

Re: A Hero's Passing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:28:31 pm »
As i said, format here is unknown to me. Can anyone give a hint on how to upload and post a pic from own HD? Thank you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »
As i said, format here is unknown to me. Can anyone give a hint on how to upload and post a pic from own HD? Thank you.

In this section there are several threads explaining/showing you what all the buttons do.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,2.0.html

It is easy to post a photo.....we do not use the outdated html but bbcode....everything is in brackets[] and it does everything for you.

is for posting photos...put your image url in between the set of brackets[]here[]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:37:21 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:41:28 pm »
Ok, so it just has to be on a host, I'll drop it into Photobucket. Anyway, AK, I'm sure you know who Scuffle is. Good to see some of the old gang, just sad that it is in this kind of circumstances.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »
Ok, so it just has to be on a host, I'll drop it into Photobucket. Anyway, AK, I'm sure you know who Scuffle is. Good to see some of the old gang, just sad that it is in this kind of circumstances.

Yeah photobucket it good...but you can copy and paste from any site as long as you use the img brackets...

I am sorry...did I know you at FR or did you change your name?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »
Well, the name is on the blog, and so is my partner of 20 years. But i have gone by a few handles in different places and times - Hahyrningur, Hardraade and Cachelot, for example. Thought I was gonna tell you when I signed up, but there didn't seem to be any reaction to the signup so I forgot. What sent me here today was coincidence - someone over at FR thought there was a new purge going on and put up a link. These days I'm mostly hanging out at LinkedIN, which is as pure Jihad as Stormfront is Nazi.

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:08 pm »

This is Fran in 2005, two years before war wounds and stress brought her first heart attack in 2007. After 2007 there was a string of heart attacks, perhaps the one that really broke her spirit brought on by Jim Robinson, who she looked up to.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 03:22:56 pm »
there ya go...you got it!
Support the USO

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 03:23:34 pm »
welcome!

So sad for your loss!

I remember I really liked MestaMachine back in the day. She was a great member of Free Republic.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:26:04 pm by geronl »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »
This is Fran in 2005, two years before war wounds and stress brought her first heart attack in 2007. After 2007 there was a string of heart attacks, perhaps the one that really broke her spirit brought on by Jim Robinson, who she looked up to. 

I'm sorry for you loss.  She was a beautiful girl.  Was she your wife?

How did Jim Robinson contribute to her death?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 05:02:30 pm »
I'm sorry for you loss.  She was a beautiful girl.  Was she your wife?

==========================

My sentiment (and question) also ..

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »
You need to know a little background then, and I'll tell you a bit (not all) of it. First, you have to know what Fran was. She was DIA, and a trained killer. I was her Norwegian counterpart, a civilian stringer for the Norwegian agency. In 2007, she fell to a massive heart attack brought on by war wounds plus stress. The stress was partly over me being persecuted by some of my employer's execs incensed that I had relations with a Jew. She loved, literally, FR. That was her extended family. We met 1st time in 97, and were inseparable after that, even keeping on both sides of the pond. Anyway, along the way i sent her some biggish lumps of money to help defray her medical and other costs, Jimrob found out, and banned her from FR. Not a normal ban, just blanked her homepage and locked her out. That triggered a bunch of further heart attacks. At the latest, she had been promised a full flat at her step-son-in-laws's, turned out the "flat" was little more than a broom closed with no heating, where she had to hide whatever food she had, because these freaks would simply take it. Oh, and like me, Mesta had different handles over time. Frostfire and Nix2, for example.

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »
https://web.archive.org/web/20140125165250/http://www.freerepublic.com/~mestamachine/

And this is Mesta's FR homepage which Jimrob deleted. But he didn't count with Wayback.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 06:28:00 pm »
https://web.archive.org/web/20140125165250/http://www.freerepublic.com/~mestamachine/

And this is Mesta's FR homepage which Jimrob deleted. But he didn't count with Wayback.

Mesta and I interacted a number of times. She was a sweetie.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

I think he means by banning her he broke her heart, she really loved FR.

Offline Cachelot

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 08:08:01 pm »
She certainly did love FR. And as something even closer than a mate, I sometimes rode unseen shotgun on her missions. And then we'd do inside jokes on FR: "Killed by Balls!! Freepers are everywhere!" In a thread with Freeper Balls :).

geronl

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 08:25:56 pm »
She certainly did love FR. And as something even closer than a mate, I sometimes rode unseen shotgun on her missions. And then we'd do inside jokes on FR: "Killed by Balls!! Freepers are everywhere!" In a thread with Freeper Balls :).

lol. I never knew another FReeper in person, I imagine the inside jokes would have been glorious.