Author Topic: ‘The Guy Is a Monster’: Robert de Niro Says Trump’s Rise Is Like Hitler’s  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘The Guy Is a Monster’: Robert de Niro Says Trump’s Rise Is Like Hitler’s

Pam Key 3 May 2024

Actor Robert De Niro said Thursday on MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour” that former President Donald Trump’s rise was like that of Adolf Hitler’s in 1930s Germany.

De Niro said, “He is sick, he is genuinely a sick person that somehow has been allowed into our system. I’m not calling him names, he just can’t be anywhere near the office of the presidency.”

He continued, “I don’t understand it. I don’t I don’t think they understand how dangerous it will be if he ever, God forbid, becomes president. I don’t think they really understand. And historically, from what I see, even in Nazi Germany, they had it with Hitler. They don’t take him seriously. He looks like a clown. Acts like a clown. Mussolini. Same thing. These guys, I don’t know why they look like clowns. They somehow people, that element of society identifies in some ways with them. But it would be chaos beyond our imagination. There’s no mystery about him. He’s right out front. And what he says is what it’ll be if he becomes president.”

He added, “The guy is a monster. It’s beyond wrong. It’s almost like he wants to do the most horrible things he can think of to get a rise out of us. I don’t know what it is.”

De Niro concluded, “We always hear about people from Eastern Europe, the Jews from other parts of Eastern Europe, from Western Europe coming over. Look what happened with France, and with the Nazis and so on. And they come over and you hear these, and they go, and when I was a kid, they’d say, ‘You don’t really appreciate this country, you know, what we know from experience.’ Imagine what those people went through. I’m just starting to see it. You know, as a kid, I said ‘Hitler, it’s a nightmare that never would happen.’ But now I see that it’s possible. But those people, sometimes I run into some people who are close to my age, who are from Eastern Europe, European countries or even Nazi Germany and, you know, you understand it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/03/the-guy-is-a-monster-de-niro-calls-trump-rise-like-hitler/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Bobby dropped out of school at 16, and apparently hasn't bothered since then to try to learn history.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

Hey Bob, the actual Nazis are rioting at the campuses right now demanding death to the Jews, and others. And your party enables/supports them. It takes a real moron to compare Nazis to Trump right now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Admit it. Robert de Niro would be most welcomed here at TBR by the majority of members

And yet, you call it a "Conservative" Site?

@LMAO   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

Admit it. Robert de Niro would be most welcomed here at TBR by the majority of members

@LMAO

What a moronic statement. Name names of that welcoming committee.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Why did you ping me?  I have no desire to be sucked in to your emotional lashing out

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

What a moronic statement. Name names of that welcoming committee.

He’s upset because I caught him defending Tulsi Gabbards far left voting record in another thread

But to ping me to another thread that has nothing to do with that is bizarre
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

He’s upset because I caught him defending Tulsi Gabbards far left voting record in another thread

Maybe it is happy hour on the east coast now...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why did you ping me?  I have no desire to be sucked in to your emotional lashing out

I pinged you because in the other thread you accused me of not having a problem with liberal views on a Conservative site.

Nothing more than that.  Carry on.

But since we're here...there are a half-dozen or more Never Trumpers on the forum who think President Trump is dangerous for our country and espouse same on a daily basis.

THEY are the "emotional lashers".  I'm merely a Pragmatist.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

I pinged you because in the other thread you accused me of not having a problem with liberal views on a Conservative site.

Nothing more than that.  Carry on.

But since we're here...there are a half-dozen or more Never Trumpers on the forum who think President Trump is dangerous for our country and espouse same on a daily basis.

THEY are the "emotional lashers".  I'm merely a Pragmatist.

Yeah….it must be happy hour….lol

It was you who said that Gabbards liberal views are not a deal breaker for you. I accused you of nothing
« Last Edit: Today at 08:45:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

Wow. What bullshit.  The only people acting like Hitler and his Brownshirts are the democrats.

Online mountaineer

Wow. What bullshit.  The only people acting like Hitler and his Brownshirts are the democrats.
We know that. But we - unlike the simpleton DeNiro - actually bothered to learn a little history. We know what fascism looks like.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@LMAO

WTF are you talking about?  Adjust the meds bubba.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I think he is a victim of Gabbard's mesmerizing sexy talk and smile.  If I didn't intentionally put the filters up, I'd get caught up in it too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

We know that. But we - unlike the simpleton DeNiro - actually bothered to learn a little history. We know what fascism looks like.

Yup.  That’s why I like y’all (mostly). ;^)

:thumbsup: