Author Topic: Louisville police officer violated protocols during Scottie Scheffler arrest by failing to turn on b  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Louisville police officer violated protocols during Scottie Scheffler arrest by failing to turn on bodycam
Scheffler was arrested before the 2nd round of the PGA Championship
 By Paulina Dedaj Fox News
Published May 23, 2024 11:51am EDT

An officer with the Louisville Metro Police Department received "corrective action" after an internal investigation into the arrest of two-time major winner Scottie Scheffler revealed that the officer did not follow proper protocols by failing to turn on his body camera. 

Louisville Police Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel announced Thursday morning, in a joint press conference with Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, that Detective ​​Bryan Gillis was counseled by his supervisor after an investigation found that he did not turn on his body-worn camera, as he was required to.

"Detective Gillis should have turned on his body-worn camera, but did not. His failure to do so is a violation of the LMPD policy on uniforms and equipment, subject category body worn camera," Gwinn-Villaroel said. 

"We understand the seriousness of the failure to capture this interaction, which is why our officer has received corrective action for this policy violation. This corrective action has been notated on a performance observation form, which is in line with our disciplinary protocol and practices. We respect the judicial process, and we will allow the course to proceed accordingly. We will not be able to make any further statements as relates to this matter."

Greenberg spoke about the importance of police body-worn cameras, adding that all parties involved, including Scheffler, "want to move forward."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/louisville-police-officer-violated-protocols-during-scottie-scheffler-arrest-failing-turn-on-bodycam
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He would have been just fine if he'd been ATF... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I think LPD lied about Scottie assaulting a cop. He's the most humble, low-key, young Christian man you'll meet, but they want us to believe he turned into a wild man. Apparently, video debunks the whole thing, and I can't believe all charges haven't been dropped yet.

https://twitter.com/PGATUOR/status/1793688663257477610

The cop involved in this reportedly has been let go by LPD.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 10:20:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

Offline mountaineer

All charges against professional golfer Scottie Scheffler dismissed
'Bout time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
All charges against professional golfer Scottie Scheffler dismissed

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-all-charges-against-professional-golfer-scottie-scheffler-dismissed

'Bout time.
About damn time.  Now fire the cop.  The guy has a file full of disciplinary actions against him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

A video on Facebook since May 23 captures Scottie Scheffler's conversation in police car after arrest. "You're right, I should have stopped. I did get a little impatient because I'm quite late for my tee time." Cop says he "drug" and "hurt" officer. https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=984372026594295&id=1341540835&mibextid=WC7FNe&rdid=FfQpy06cowZcCtmL

http://x.com/AlexMyers3/status/1795795070819455353

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 08:01:28 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra