Author Topic: I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.  (Read 4595 times)

Offline mountaineer

We'll see ...
JUST IN: Republicans Launch Effort To Defund NPR
Mark Steffen
April 19, 2024
Trending Politics

House Republicans have introduced legislation to wean National Public Radio off its government subsidy after the station was caught in the crosshairs over internal allegations of liberal bias.

The Daily Caller reports that Congressman Jim Banks (R-IN) is sponsoring legislation aimed at zeroing out NPR’s public dollars, which are traditionally sourced from the Center for Public Broadcasting federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce.

Presently, NPR receives funding for less than 1% of its budget directly from the federal government, but receives almost 10% of its budget from federal, state, and local governments indirectly, according to the nonpartisan organization Influence Watch. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We'll see ...

Include ALL of Corporation for Public Broadcasting.  PBS is no better than NPR.  Leave it to the GOPe to only do half measures.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Include ALL of Corporation for Public Broadcasting.  PBS is no better than NPR.  Leave it to the GOPe to only do half measures.

Brother, Lets apply for a DJ job at our local PBS station.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Brother, Lets apply for a DJ job at our local PBS station.

They have DJs at TV stations?  (BTW, I have worked at both NPR Radio and PBS TV at some point.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They have DJs at TV stations?  (BTW, I have worked at both NPR Radio and PBS TV at some point.)

Okay. NPR then.  We would be a hit. Feeling all of 68 and going on fifteen.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Okay. NPR then.  We would be a hit. Feeling all of 68 and going on fifteen.....

LOL!  True.  The NPR station I worked for was all Classical Music.  I show I did was called Musica da Camera.  Chamber music.  I was hired and mostly did News, and I had a good reporter to learn from.  Seriously.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CORRUPTION CHRONICLES
|
APRIL 25, 2024
NPR’s New CEO Sits on Board of Soros-Funded Activist Group that Pushes for Censorship
CC
In a grim indicator of how news will be covered on taxpayer dime, the new head of the government-funded National Public Radio (NPR) is on the board of a leftwing activist organization called Center for Democracy and Technology that pushes for censorship and receives funding from George Soros’ Open Society Foundations. Her name is Katherine Maher, a former Wikimedia Foundation CEO, with liberal views publicly expressed throughout the years in her social media posts. In 2018, she called former President Donald Trump a racist in a post that has since been deleted, according to a mainstream newspaper report. A couple of years ago Maher shared a photo of herself in a “President Biden” campaign hat. In a 2021 video clip the new NPR chief describes the First Amendment as the top challenge in the fight against disinformation, a fictitious crisis created by the Biden administration to control information.

Maher takes over at NPR as a longtime NPR editor, Uri Berliner, reveals that liberal bias has altered the public radio network’s coverage in recent years, resulting in errors on major stories such as the Hamas attacks in Israel, Hunter Biden’s laptop scandal and COVID-19. “It’s true NPR has always had a liberal bent, but during most of my tenure here, an open-minded, curious culture prevailed,” Berliner, a 25-year NPR veteran wrote in a recently published essay. “We were nerdy, but not knee-jerk, activist, or scolding. In recent years, however, that has changed. Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population. An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America. That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.” Berliner confirms that race and identity have become paramount in nearly every aspect of the workplace and journalists are required to ask everyone they interview about race, gender, and ethnicity.

A few days ago, Berliner, a senior business editor, resigned, citing Maher’s response to his recent exposé. In an email to the radio network’s new CEO, Berliner wrote: “I am resigning from NPR, a great American institution where I have worked for 25 years. I respect the integrity of my colleagues and wish for NPR to thrive and do important journalism. But I cannot work in a newsroom where I am disparaged by a new CEO whose divisive views confirm the very problems at NPR I cite in my Free Press essay.” NPR and its new chief declined to comment publicly but the network’s news executive, Edith Chapin, wrote a memo to employees saying that inclusion among staff, sourcing and overall coverage is critical to telling the nuanced stories of this country and our world.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/nprs-new-ceo/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:10:13 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson