Author Topic: Another Terrible Box Office Report For Woke Hollywood  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Terrible Box Office Report For Woke Hollywood
Story by Bo Beard • 16h

The Hollywood box office has faced significant challenges in recent times, stemming from a combination of factors such as strikes, film delays, surprise flops, and the availability of streaming services.

The total domestic box office gross for 2023 fell short of the anticipated $9 billion, standing at $8.58 billion as of December 17th. This underperformance was attributed to a variety of issues, including strikes, superhero film flops, and a reduced number of film releases, leading to a tough year for the industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/another-terrible-box-office-report-for-woke-hollywood/ss-AA1o945V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ea2488685e204350ab7f5a94c8f230b7&ei=39#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Another Terrible Box Office Report For Woke Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:04:37 pm »
Another Terrible Box Office Report For Woke Hollywood
Story by Bo Beard • 16h

The Hollywood box office has faced significant challenges in recent times, stemming from a combination of factors such as strikes, film delays, surprise flops, and the availability of streaming services.

The total domestic box office gross for 2023 fell short of the anticipated $9 billion, standing at $8.58 billion as of December 17th. This underperformance was attributed to a variety of issues, including strikes, superhero film flops, and a reduced number of film releases, leading to a tough year for the industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/another-terrible-box-office-report-for-woke-hollywood/ss-AA1o945V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ea2488685e204350ab7f5a94c8f230b7&ei=39#image=1
Even if the movies were good there is a significant and probably growing segment of the public who just aren't interested in high ticket prices, insane concession stand prices, rude and inconsiderate children and adults in theaters today...oh and insane volume blasted at you that leave your ears ringing for hours and possible long term hearing issues. I know that it would take something exceptional to draw me back into a movie theater **nononono* Too many people have bought high definition TV and sound systems and just prefer to wait and watch at home. Oh I forgot another big reason for me to avoid paying to see a movie, I refuse to contribute to the pay of Hollywood moron elites who hate me and America.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:08:31 pm by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:14:01 pm »
... high ticket prices, insane concession stand prices, rude and inconsiderate children and adults in theaters today...oh and insane volume blasted at you that leave your ears ringing for hours and possible long term hearing issues. ...
Those are some of the reasons I have no interest in going to a movie. Also, most of them seem to be remakes or nothing but comic book stuff. H'wood has a serious lack of imagination.

Having said that, some people I know have seen this movie recently and speak very highly of it: Unsung Hero
When David Smallbone's successful music company collapses, he moves his family from Australia to the United States in search of a brighter future. With nothing more than their six children, their suitcases, and their love of music, David (for KING + COUNTRY's Joel Smallbone) and his pregnant wife Helen (Daisy Betts) set out to rebuild their lives from the ground up. Based on a remarkable true story, a mum's faith stands against all odds; and inspires her husband and children to hold onto theirs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:27:03 pm »
Those are some of the reasons I have no interest in going to a movie. Also, most of them seem to be remakes or nothing but comic book stuff. H'wood has a serious lack of imagination.

Having said that, some people I know have seen this movie recently and speak very highly of it: Unsung Hero
Hollywood, in general, has been suffering from a lack of creative freshness for a long time.
The Flintstones a live action movie?  They have always made a muddle of historical themes (don't get your history from a movie!) and in retrospect, have always either pushed the Party line of the day or pushed back against it. Propaganda has cast it's aura over the film business, for good or ill, for a long time.
Add in the glaring and increasing pandering to wokeness and specific groups and there is almost no reason for anyone except those who want to feed their individual confirmation bias to even watch. You can tell who populates the Hollywood bubble by the 'messages' they write in, and they increasingly either are further removed from real people, or people seem to set their norms thereby and behave in lockstep--softly contributing to the serious divides in American Society, rather than illustrating the common themes that would potentially bring people together.
When the next social movement could be predicted by the appearance of specific character types in sitcoms, I only watched long enough to see what was coming next, and then, not at all.

Now the theater has become a refuge from the heat when the air conditioner breaks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:30:23 pm »
I think it's the all-the-above combo of things that have just maxed people out on the big screen scene. People post-covid are kind of laid back and low key right now, just living their lives and not interested in grandiose woke ignorance being garden hosed down their throats, and constantly scolded and lectured.

That and heavy competition has watered down their audience, people have also moved back into watching shorter but more entertaining clips, a lot of times just funny real life getting captured on video spontaneous and non-scripted.

And Hollywood refuses to adapt, and I don't have a problem with them going down in flames.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:31:52 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.