Author Topic: Trump Supporters Already Pre-Spinning November Trump Loss  (Read 852 times)

Offline Resp3

Trump Supporters Already Pre-Spinning November Trump Loss
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:30:08 pm »
Trump Supporters Already Pre-Spinning November Trump Loss

Nolteßlegende at Trumpbart

By: Dan McLaughlin (Diary)  |  April 27th, 2016 at 01:30 PM

For all the bravado of Donald Trump’s online supporters, now that his sweep of the Northeast has put him in a potentially strong position to take the nomination, they are mostly spending the day…preparing to blame other people for Trump’s inevitable loss in November. You see, that’s going to be Trump’s coming general election message: it’s never his fault, or the fault of his supporters, that Trump is a terrible, doomed general election candidate – nothing is ever their fault, just the fault of shadowy conspiracies and “establishments”.

There’s been a lot of this sort of thing in my Twitter timeline, but the best example of preparing the Trump Dolchstoßlegende comes predictably from Breitbart’s John Nolte. Yes, that’s the same Breitbart where staffers have been complaining since August that they suspected the site was getting paid by Trump for favorable coverage, where site editor Joel Pollak tried to get a job as a Trump speechwriter, where national security editor Sebastian Gorka was paid by the Trump campaign as a consultant, and where the site ordered its own staff to stop defending now-ex-Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields after she was manhandled by then-Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. So, you’d be hard pressed to find many sources that speak more for the thinking of Team Trump than Nolte and his co-workers.

Here’s a section of Nolte’s rant this morning (it’s too long to capture the whole thing on one screen, but you get the idea):

You see, Nolte and other Trump supporters taking this tack must realize by now that Trump is a complete disaster of a general election candidate, for reasons we have all discussed exhaustively. But this causes not the slightest bit of self-reflection over why this is. It can’t be that Trump alienates moderate and independent voters by being boorish, crude, insulting to women, ignorant, and all too eager to throw around racial, religious and ethnic stereotypes. It can’t be that Trump attracts white supremacists like dung attracts flies (Nolte likes to deploy nonsensical uses of words like “supremacist” when used against him or his allies precisely to deprive them of meaning, it’s a regular m.o. of his and of the Trump supporters generally – here, he’s using it to mean people who think Trump voters are stupid and basing that primarily on the fact that voting for Trump is stupid). It can’t be that Trump activates otherwise-unenthused elements of the Democratic base and drives more Hispanic voters into the Democratic camp by loudly broadcasting the message that Hispanics are unwelcome in America. It can’t be that Trump additionally alienates conservatives by being a socially liberal fan of abortion and Planned Parenthood and a big-government fan of single-payer healthcare and confiscatory taxation, and Republicans by being a faithful donor to Democrats who supported John Kerry for President in 2004 and Hillary Clinton for President in 2008 as well as the Democratic takeover of Congress. It can’t be that Trump would be a terrible Commander-in-Chief, hypersensitive to his own ego, easily cowed (as even his own explanation of paying off Democrats suggests), and getting his ideas and information from the likes of Michael Moore and Code Pink. It can’t, in short, be that people don’t want to vote for Trump for President because they think Trump would be a terrible president who doesn’t agree with them on issues, doesn’t represent their values, and isn’t even minimally competent to the job.

No, that can’t possibly be the explanation for why Trump would be a disaster candidate in spite of the colossal press coverage he’s been gifted and his near-universal name recognition. It must be an elite conspiracy! A conspiracy that will extend to the 130 million or so people who may vote in November.

As Erick has noted, this is like the people who get cancer from smoking and then blame the people who warned them that cigarettes cause cancer.

This is, of course, why Republican voters should hold the line in Indiana and the following states, and why the party needs to suck it up and live with the Trump-fan uproar that would follow denying him the nomination at the convention. Because even if the party establishment gives Trump fans everything they want, they’ll still cast the same blame on the same sources for Trump’s – and their – own failures. It is who they are.

Blame the #NeverTrump crowd

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Supporters Already Pre-Spinning November Trump Loss
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »
We were just told, on another thread, to "get out of the way and let the Patriots take care of this."  Meaning, of course, this delusional poster thinks Trump can win without the 40% of Republican voters  who say they'll never vote for Trump.

"A vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary" is, literally, all the Trump supporters have.  That ain't gonna work this time.  A vote against Trump is a vote against Trump, period.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:17:17 am »
You would think that while your team is ahead on the scoreboard, even if just by a bit, that the fans would be happy and cheering.  Instead many of the DT supporters are angry and in attack mode.  Why?  Because deep down they know the talent is very shallow and it won't take much to turn the whole thing around. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 01:20:31 am »
Yup. They simply will never let Trump take the blame. It will always be the nefarious GOP-e's fault or the Never Trump's.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:18 am »
Yup. They simply will never let Trump take the blame. It will always be the nefarious GOP-e's fault or the Never Trump's.

Hey, Trump's out there fighting for America.  You're ready to take your marbles and go home.  So, yes, if you don't rally around the Trump nomination and he loses (which I don't believe ... but anyway IF he loses) then you will be responsible for the loss and Hillary's victory.  And, in all candor, I'm really not sure which you want more.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:50:16 am »
Hey, Trump's out there fighting for America.  You're ready to take your marbles and go home.  So, yes, if you don't rally around the Trump nomination and he loses (which I don't believe ... but anyway IF he loses) then you will be responsible for the loss and Hillary's victory.  And, in all candor, I'm really not sure which you want more.

Exactly how is Trump fighting for America??  Trump is fighting for Trump period.  Why would I rally around a narcissistic, demagogue who acts and speaks like a third-grade bully?  My not voting for Trump is just that.  Not voting for Trump.  The way I see it voting for Trump is voting to continue this country on its current path of destruction.  Voting for Cruz is voting for restoration.  I choose restoration rather than destruction.  You also have a choice ... continue to support Hillary's sidekick, or support a Constitutional Conservative.

#Never Trump
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:43:56 am »
You would think that while your team is ahead on the scoreboard, even if just by a bit, that the fans would be happy and cheering.  Instead many of the DT supporters are angry and in attack mode.  Why?  Because deep down they know the talent is very shallow and it won't take much to turn the whole thing around.

I noticed that too.  It is coming directly from the Trump god.  He is ahead and he keeps complaining.  It is Trump that knows he can't win so he whines.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 03:52:54 am »
I noticed that too.  It is coming directly from the Trump god.  He is ahead and he keeps complaining.  It is Trump that knows he can't win so he whines.

I think he is afraid he won't get the nomination. And I think on the sly, some of the supporters have checked out the things said calmly which refute the lies told about Cruz, the thought that successive waves of smears have been tweeted and tabloided and facebooked into the news stream just in time for each successive primary to hurt Cruz. Many of those posters on TOS were the types to ferret out a conspiracy, yet they willfully ignored the convenience with which another series of attacks appeared on questionable venues just in time to peak, but not so soon as to be debunked on election day.
That so many of us were willing to stand our ground in the face of all that vitriol likely got some to think...and they didn't like the result. It sucks knowing your money is on the wrong horse, but the bell is ringing and the betting window is closed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 05:14:02 am »
The Church of the Tiny Digits has declared Jihad on us unbelievers.

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:58 am »
Link?

Offline Resp3

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 01:33:52 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on April 27, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

Exactly how is Trump fighting for America??  Trump is fighting for Trump period.  Why would I rally around a narcissistic, demagogue who acts and speaks like a third-grade bully?  My not voting for Trump is just that.  Not voting for Trump.  The way I see it voting for Trump is voting to continue this country on its current path of destruction.  Voting for Cruz is voting for restoration.  I choose restoration rather than destruction.  You also have a choice ... continue to support Hillary's sidekick, or support a Constitutional Conservative.

#Never Trump

"Hillary thanks you for your support". I've heard that a thousand times. Whenever anyone doubts whether or not they will vote for Trump - out comes this stale old blather.

Guess what? I didn't vote for Bernie Sanders either, so does that also mean "Hillary thanks..."?

The fact is - for many Republicans - we will not have a dog in this fight if Trump is the nominee. He will not be my candidate - my problem. Trumpists got him where he is - they can get him to the White House.

@Right_in_Virginia

@libertybele

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 01:35:54 pm »
‏@trumpfoolery 20m20 minutes ago

So #Election2016: a choice between the candidate who wants to restrict the first amendment versus one that wants to restrict the second.
One might say not voting for Trump would be a vote for Hillary, or one might say a vote for either is a vote against the Bill of Rights.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 01:49:44 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  32m32 minutes ago
Ron Paul foreign policy + Sanders trade policy + Obama entitlement policy + Giuliani social policy + alt-right pandering = Trumpism
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 01:52:16 pm »
We were just told, on another thread, to "get out of the way and let the Patriots take care of this."  Meaning, of course, this delusional poster thinks Trump can win without the 40% of Republican voters  who say they'll never vote for Trump.

"A vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary" is, literally, all the Trump supporters have.  That ain't gonna work this time.  A vote against Trump is a vote against Trump, period.

What's pathetic about that line is that Trump supporters actually think that those of us who care about the Constitution aren't patriots, and that their support of a guy who hasn't got a clue about our Founding Documents is somehow 'patriotic.'

It's completely backwards.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 01:52:59 pm »
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.”
― Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »
“We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.”
― Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »
“We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.”
― Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds

Very appropriate.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:41 pm »
One might say not voting for Trump would be a vote for Hillary, or one might say a vote for either is a vote against the Bill of Rights.  :shrug:
I'd just like to be able to vote for "None of the Above" and kick the lot to the curb.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis