Author Topic: If Trump Loses in November, Don’t Blame #NeverTrump for Keeping Their Word  (Read 2347 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Furthermore, the evidence that mainstream Republican rejection of Trump was far more widespread than ever has been publicly available for months, culminating in the revelation earlier this week that fully 40% of Republicans plan to not vote for Trump in November, and an astounding 20% plan to actually vote for Hillary Clinton.
(insert facepalm here)

Seriously?

Did these people not learn the lesson of 2008—how many conservatives decided to vote for Obama, just to teach the nation a lesson? They didn't learn it. In fact, Obama got re-elected.

I understand not wanting to vote for Trump, but if you think Hillary Clinton is better, you seriously need a head examination. At least channel that vote into something productive if you think both candidates are equally bad. Supporting a third party would be a good way to start.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline washi

Which brings up the obvious question: WHY are so many liberals supporting Trump?

They are supporting him in the primaries to get him to the general.

In the general, they will vote for hillary.

So far, Trump has been able to withstand the modest attacks against him by the other Republican candidates. He's been pretty "teflon".

We'll see if the same is true when he's where the left and the media (but I repeat myself) want him: in the general election going against hillary. That's when the attacks they are sitting on now will be launched in full.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is not about teaching the nation a lesson. Far from it. This is about the refusal to give any support to an individual that is unfit to be President and a danger to our country. If I conclude that trump is not better than Hillary for our country does not mean I need a head examination. I have concluded that if trump becomes the nominee I will leave the GOP and vote 3rd party or write-in.
For that I say that's perfectly OK. I've long held the stance that both are equally unacceptable.

But actually voting FOR Hillary Clinton is on a whole different level.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LadyLiberty wrote:
"Mine as well.  I'm afraid that he would use executive orders, like Obama."

I would most certainly HOPE that a president Trumps starts issuing a slew of executive orders...

...repealing each and every one previously issued by obama, and a good number of those issued by G.W. Bush as well!

If he DOESN'T do this, I'm going to be quite upset!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LadyLiberty wrote:
"Mine as well.  I'm afraid that he would use executive orders, like Obama."

I would most certainly HOPE that a president Trumps starts issuing a slew of executive orders...

...repealing each and every one previously issued by obama, and a good number of those issued by G.W. Bush as well!

If he DOESN'T do this, I'm going to be quite upset!

You may as well go ahead and get upset cause Trump ain't ever going to be president!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien