Author Topic: “A Republic, if you can keep it.” Donald Trump and the Tyranny of the Mob…  (Read 24981 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Regulations have strangled small business.  Suppliers can't supply.

I'm an unabashed Capitalist!   Survival of the fittest!     

Donald Trump is a loud mouthed, immoral, bully and professional con man who is blowing smoke up you a $$ and you are soaking it up like a sponge!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Donald Trump is a loud mouthed, immoral, bully and professional con man who is blowing smoke up you a $$ and you are soaking it up like a sponge!  **nononono*

You're debating like a high school sophomore.

No thanks.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You're debating like a high school sophomore.

No thanks.

You are debating like a star struck teeny bopper! 

No Thanks!  **nononono*

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cowboyway

How do you know this?

TeeVee.  Do you know otherwise and, if so, how?  Are you personal friends?  A campaign insider?  Please tell.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Love  it!  Perfect!
I think there could have been a comment about crust there somewhere...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Stargazer

Later in life, sure. But he was baptized, confirmed and raised in the Catholic tradition.As Fuhrer, he spoke repeatedly of his love for "positive Christianity"

But that misses the point, really...which is the absurdity of comparing to such disparate things as Hitler-Cruz and PolPot-Trump. Idiocy of the highest magnitude.

Do you really think Hitler got down on his knees and prayed to a Jew?  I don't think so.

Offline Mesaclone

Do you really think Hitler got down on his knees and prayed to a Jew?  I don't think so.

Yes, he certainly did at his confirmation.

And for the record, his hatred of Jews grew out of the war and his experiences immediately after the war.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:47:34 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline MACVSOG68

Yes, he certainly did at his confirmation.

And for the record, his hatred of Jews grew out of the war and his experiences immediately after the war.

Well, he probably knew something of the history of Europe as well.  Almost every country there threw the Jews out at one time or another.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mesaclone

Well, he probably knew something of the history of Europe as well.  Almost every country there threw the Jews out at one time or another.

That is true, Europe has a long history of anti-semitism...something that is rearing its head anew.

Ironically, Medieval Islam was far more tolerant of Judaism than was Christianity...now things have shifted, sadly.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline ConstitutionRose

What Trumpers don't recognize is they are the opposite side of the same coin as the Bernie/Hillary supporters. They want govt to solve all their problems and guarantee them the life "they should have had".

I know most Trumpers don't see it, but Christianity is under attack and when Trump had the opportunity to defend it against the LGBT movement he sided with them. We are approaching the day when people will only be allowed to worship in their church, but not live out their faith once they walk out the door. Trump has no sensitivity to this nor do a lot of his followers.

Just read this thread.  A big  :amen: from me.  What informs my support for Cruz us that he has a very real understanding of the fact that our freedoms are under attack.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.