Author Topic: Liberty or Tyranny  (Read 15698 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Liberty or Tyranny
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »
Yes he is!  Hi Norm! :patriot:

Silver Pines will vouch for my incredible humility ;)

BTW how does one ping someone here?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2016, 05:34:57 pm »
Very cool to snip off a discussion and start a new thread.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2016, 05:36:01 pm »

Just use the @, for example: @Norm Lenhart

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2016, 05:36:27 pm »

It is a very rudimentary thing right now but  I can ping you by simply putting an @ symbol in front of your name like this: @Norm Lenhart

You can see your pings by clicking on your profile info tab and scrolling down to mentions! (Mentions are pings here)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:36:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2016, 05:38:52 pm »

@Norm Lenhart...I can as well...enjoyed our conversations/discussions at TOS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2016, 05:40:54 pm »
"...how do you propose to get America on track by consistently electing people you don't believe in, trust, or even want?"

That's it in a nutshell.  That is why we are in the dire situation that we are in. To often we have voted for someone that we don't believe in, we don't agree with, that we know is not good for the country with the excuse that they are the lesser of the two evils.  Yet, we continue to do the same thing and expect to get the same result.  Having an 'R' by their name is not enough reason to vote for them.

I have stated several times and I'll state it again; we can either be part of the destruction that we are currently witnessing or we can be a part of restoring this country.  I will NOT support someone who I feel will continue to lead us towards our demise. 

#Never Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2016, 05:41:04 pm »
Not that there's anything WRONG with that... ;)

Lando's cruisin' for cougars. :smokin:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2016, 05:41:19 pm »
I fully understand that Norm!   And it goes to the EXACT problem we are facing here and now! People who claim to be conservative but who are somehow willing to excuse ANYTHING Trumps says or does simply because they don't want Hillary! It makes no sense to me!

I can't tell you how many times I and others holding our position have spent hours on FR arguing this issue. Many people simply do not want to accept that their actual beliefs put them squarely in moderate land at best. And while I think that's the wrong place to be, I don't see what benefit there is in proclaiming one is something their actions and words show they arent.

If someone wants to support X candidate, so be it. If they want to support X issue, so be that too. But there is only one reason I can see for people to support blatantly 'opposite' positions and claim conservatism. They are trying to infiltrate, disrupt and destroy it.

I spent over a decade in the MSM at the regional/above level. I know it when I see it. I am far from unique in that knowledge. And when you look at the mess of FR today, thats exactly what destroyed it as an honest broker of information. Some/quite a few there were obviously plants/disruptors. Some just for the LOLZ, some paid campaign/or advocacy types.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »
People who claim to be conservative but who are somehow willing to excuse ANYTHING Trumps says or does simply because they don't want Hillary!

There's no surer way to make Hillary the next President than to support the one candidate who is despised more than she is.

Face it - Trumpsters are Hillary enablers.   The only question is whether they intend that result, or are too stupid to understand or care what they're doing.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »
Just use the @, for example: @Norm Lenhart

That was hard ;) Thanks!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2016, 05:44:31 pm »
@Norm Lenhart...I can as well...enjoyed our conversations/discussions at TOS.

Same here and thank you.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:31 pm »
When the Obergfell decision came down, my first actions was not to call my Congressman. It was to call my County Commissioners. I wonder if even ten people in the whole county did that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2016, 05:49:07 pm »
I can't tell you how many times I and others holding our position have spent hours on FR arguing this issue. Many people simply do not want to accept that their actual beliefs put them squarely in moderate land at best. And while I think that's the wrong place to be, I don't see what benefit there is in proclaiming one is something their actions and words show they aren't.

If someone wants to support X candidate, so be it. If they want to support X issue, so be that too. But there is only one reason I can see for people to support blatantly 'opposite' positions and claim conservatism. They are trying to infiltrate, disrupt and destroy it.

I spent over a decade in the MSM at the regional/above level. I know it when I see it. I am far from unique in that knowledge. And when you look at the mess of FR today, that's exactly what destroyed it as an honest broker of information. Some/quite a few there were obviously plants/disruptors. Some just for the LOLZ, some paid campaign/or advocacy types.

You have no need to tell me because I was there in the middle of them myself until I left a few years ago and you are dead on right about the paid disrupters as well!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 05:49:39 pm »
Great, so we have a bloody revolution. Then what? We'll still have the non-liberty loving people electing the same people we got last time.

If it comes to that, we're lost. I think what will happen is that power will end up concentrated in the Executive to the point where the Legislative has lost all significance. When that happens, some revolutionary will attempt to restore the balance by force, or by assassination. History has shown, however, that any such revolution generally picks up at the level of tyranny maintained by the rulers it has overthrown.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 05:52:12 pm »
There's no surer way to make Hillary the next President than to support the one candidate who is despised more than she is.

Face it - Trumpsters are Hillary enablers.   The only question is whether they intend that result, or are too stupid to understand or care what they're doing.   

Its the cult of personality.   People are dead tired of the status quo and are reacting to the only one who actually appears different.   Most don't care what is said about him, or even what he does.  He portrays himself as different then the system they hate and feel abused by.   

You must break the system before you can rebuild it.   Many Trump supporters think the system will be rebuilt into the Republic we were given long ago.   I think it will be rebuilt into a one world dictatorship where the individual has zero rights.  The power will be held by the elites like Trump.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2016, 05:58:43 pm »
You have no need to tell me because I was there in the middle of them myself until I left a few years ago and you are dead on right about the paid disrupters as well!

I think there's a certain level of masochism involved as well. No joke. Not all those people are trolling or paid so whatever their number, there are some folks that have to like the humiliation they bring on themselves.

Seriously. On what planet in what multiverse can a serious person hold positions like abortion/Pro gay/anti-Christian etc. and say with a straight face in a mirror, much less in public, "I am a Conservative"? Thats simply not supportable in light of facts to the contrary. Conservatism 'is' pro life, pro freedom of Religeon and pro Hetro/traditional.

If you go out there claiming the things these people claim as conservative positions, you (general sense) gotta know you'll get massive blowback. You gotta WANT that kind of self debasement.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Liberty or Tyranny
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:17 pm »
They will be rounding us up.

Facebook execs haven't been visiting the WH for private meetings 500 times for nothing.

Fill out those stupid questionnaires to "See what color you are", etc., provides a thumbnail sketch to anybody trained, when used with your own "shares" and "likes".

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody's not actually trying to get you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:07 pm »
I think there's a certain level of masochism involved as well. No joke. Not all those people are trolling or paid so whatever their number, there are some folks that have to like the humiliation they bring on themselves.

Seriously. On what planet in what multiverse can a serious person hold positions like abortion/Pro gay/anti-Christian etc. and say with a straight face in a mirror, much less in public, "I am a Conservative"? Thats simply not supportable in light of facts to the contrary. Conservatism 'is' pro life, pro freedom of Religeon and pro Hetro/traditional.

If you go out there claiming the things these people claim as conservative positions, you (general sense) gotta know you'll get massive blowback. You gotta WANT that kind of self debasement.

Hmmm! That is a point I have not previously considered but it makes sense IF your purpose is simply to disrupt an otherwise honest exchange of ideas!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »
Think I got it all all the posts from the old thread!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »

Thanks, Free Vulcan.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:43 pm »
A lot of conservatives argue for a new "Constitutional Convention"... well what good would that do? You'd still have an electorate out there still wanting the trappings of statism. That's why winning elections is key.

Great, so we all vote for "principled conservatives". Wonderful. We hare .00000001% of the population. What will change?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »

Great job! Thanks! Have another  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2016, 06:17:34 pm »
Great job! Thanks! Have another  :beer:

Well sure, you twisted my pinkie finger...

:beer:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:01 pm »
Hmmm! That is a point I have not previously considered but it makes sense IF your purpose is simply to disrupt an otherwise honest exchange of ideas!

I look at things like this in a very binary way and get slammed for it a lot. However, A thing is a thing, or it is another thing. It cannot be two things at once and this isn't Schrodinger's politi-Cat.

I have seen people argue endlessly that "Well we can't really say/agree what is conservative and what isn't". Which is what one would expect a pragmatist type would say. Anything to avoid standing for something. I mean God knows Conservative ideals are some nebulous entity that no one ever pinned down before /s

So they are either filled with bovine waste product or they are outright liars as conservatism/ideals/principles are well established and the opposite of the crap they spread around. Because they like the abuse it brings them.

One would think more fun could be had in Vegas with a few hundred bucks. Better quality of abuse and done privately.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:03 pm »
I look at things like this in a very binary way and get slammed for it a lot. However, A thing is a thing, or it is another thing. It cannot be two things at once and this isn't Schrodinger's politi-Cat.

I have seen people argue endlessly that "Well we can't really say/agree what is conservative and what isn't". Which is what one would expect a pragmatist type would say. Anything to avoid standing for something. I mean God knows Conservative ideals are some nebulous entity that no one ever pinned down before /s

So they are either filled with bovine waste product or they are outright liars as conservatism/ideals/principles are well established and the opposite of the crap they spread around. Because they like the abuse it brings them.

One would think more fun could be had in Vegas with a few hundred bucks. Better quality of abuse and done privately.

Did you know IronJack over at TOS?  You guys would have gotten along REALLY well I think!

- J. R. R. Tolkien