Author Topic: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation  (Read 14201 times)

Offline bolobaby

Re: Cruz Plans 'Major' Announcement Amid VP Speculation
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 04:07:39 pm »
Linky on the coke thing?

Were you expecting support from The National Enquirer, 8 mistresses crowd?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 04:23:33 pm »
Were you expecting support from The National Enquirer, 8 mistresses crowd?

Nope. Didn't expect a linky to be forthcoming, but I had to give 'em their shot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 04:26:03 pm »
Fiorina is liked in California?  Now your Cruzoids are just making up crap and hoping it flies.

Cruz has lost it.  Truly, the man has either lost his mind or he's doing coke again.  Those are the only choices.   **nononono*

Sounds like you've moved over from FR.  Same attitude; same language.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »
I like Carly, as a VP candidate? I guess, I could live with it if she were selected.

She's as smart as a whip really and very articulate.

On the other hand, politically, not really a proven winner.

Exactly how I feel about it too.  Look at the state he's trying to win next.  Maybe an endorsement from Mike Pence?

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »
Sounds like you've moved over from FR.  Same attitude; same language.

I don't mind the poor language skills from Trumpsters.  He does have the uneducated as one of his major constituencies.  If we limit their voice we will be the same as FR.  I think we are smart enough to see who the emotionally charged non-thinking people are on this forum.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 04:39:19 pm »
Whoever it is, he or she will appeal to Indiana and California voters. In doing so, Cruz will win Indiana, and split the CA delegates just enough. Meanwhile Kasich will focus his attention on Oregon, and Arizona.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 04:47:32 pm »
Another dumb idea, from the brilliant Constitutional scholar from Goldman Sachs, Alberta branch.

It is highly presumptive to name a VP mate, when you are mathematically eliminaTED from winning.

Reasonable people will laugh at him. What is he smoking? Who does he think he is?

But he is anoinTED, so such conceiTEDness should not be unexpecTED.  But it is not smart politics, in this case.

========================

Makes WAY too much sense.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 05:04:11 pm »
I have no problem being politically invesTED in a capable, knowledgeable and serious conservative.

On the other hand, I would be embarrassed beyond words to associate myself with a rude, obnoxious, poorly-educated bully who gleefully whips crowds into orgasms of anger and resentment and who will, if nominated, destroy what is left of the Republican Party to which he has never been truly attached in the first place.

And in truth: it is Trump's supporters, and not Trump who have finally made up my mind for me.

I will NEVER vote for that piece of garbage, no matter what - because of his corrosive and debasing influence.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 05:06:15 pm »
I have no problem being politically invesTED in a capable, knowledgeable and serious conservative.

On the other hand, I would be embarrassed beyond words to associate myself with a rude, obnoxious, poorly-educated bully who gleefully whips crowds into orgasms of anger and resentment and who will, if nominated, destroy what is left of the Republican Party to which he has never been truly attached in the first place.

And in truth: it is Trump's supporters, and not Trump who have finally made up my mind for me.

I will NEVER vote for that piece of garbage, no matter what - because of his corrosive and debasing influence.

Excellent post!   My feelings exactly.   Trump's scary, and his supporters are even scarier.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 05:09:56 pm »
Fiorina is liked in California?  Now your Cruzoids are just making up crap and hoping it flies.

So far she is a two-time loser, in politics. Many consider her a loser in business.

But Cruz doesn't need a VP, cuz he ain't going nowhere but back to the Senate for Texas.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline HoosierWordsmith

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »
Carly Fiorina spotted in Indianapolis this morning...video...

http://www.wthr.com/story/31828717/ted-cruz-has-two-appearances-in-indianapolis-wednesday

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 05:28:28 pm »
I like Carly, as a VP candidate? I guess, I could live with it if she were selected.

She's as smart as a whip really and very articulate.

On the other hand, politically, not really a proven winner.

She made much needed post-Dotcom changes at bloated HP and that involved layoffs and selling some business units.   Boxer used that very effectively against her.   There will be an endless queue of weepy victims who will testify how Carly ruined their lives by laying them off.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 05:37:07 pm »
I'm still holding out hope for Scott Walker.  Just think of what the two of them could do!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »
Exactly how I feel about it too.  Look at the state he's trying to win next.  Maybe an endorsement from Mike Pence?

Do you think Pence is dumb enough to hitch his political future to this delusional loser REJECTED Cruz?
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:41 pm »
I don't mind the poor language skills from Trumpsters.  He does have the uneducated as one of his major constituencies.  If we limit their voice we will be the same as FR.  I think we are smart enough to see who the emotionally charged non-thinking people are on this forum.

The cultists seem to like their bright shiny objects.  Capitalizing "TED" at the end of pejorative past-participles seems to be the new shiny object.   

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 05:50:25 pm »
I believe Cruz will be making a much bigger announcement.

My son just texted the same thing.  drop out?  I would really be surprised if he suspended before Indiana, unless it is as Trump VP (which is a possibility) or hope of a Scotus appointment.  suspense!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 05:52:21 pm »
If it is so important to Trump supporters to support a politician who has supported partial birth abortion supporters like Hillary Clinton, let the Trump supporters have their field day with all their "mean" remarks.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 05:58:28 pm »
My son just texted the same thing.  drop out?  I would really be surprised if he suspended before Indiana, unless it is as Trump VP (which is a possibility) or hope of a Scotus appointment.  suspense!

Trump would be the one to announce that he's selected Cruz...Cruz wouldn't make the announcement before Donald.  I would be flabbergasted if the two of them decided to run together.

#Never Trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:48 pm »
Trump would be the one to announce that he's selected Cruz...Cruz wouldn't make the announcement before Donald.  I would be flabbergasted if the two of them decided to run together.

#Never Trump

well, I've gotten used to being shocked by whats going on in the world.....nothing would surprise me now!

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:30 pm »
Do you think Pence is dumb enough to hitch his political future to this delusional loser REJECTED Cruz?
I don't know much about Mike Pence but he appears as a RINO to me.  So maybe he will back Trump.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »
Faux News all but stated that the announcement is Carly as VP.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »
If Rubio and Kasich endorsed Cruz and pledged their delegates to him, that would be a major coup considering what delegates are left to be chosen. I doubt that would happen, but as much as they are against Trump, nothing would surprise me at this point. I think most traditional Republicans would rather have a solid conservative than a liberal, wannabe Republican.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »
If Rubio and Kasich endorsed Cruz and pledged their delegates to him, that would be a major coup considering what delegates are left to be chosen. I doubt that would happen, but as much as they are against Trump, nothing would surprise me at this point. I think most traditional Republicans would rather have a solid conservative than a liberal, wannabe Republican.

Not going to happen.  Kasich would have had to announce that he's dropping out.  He's going to ride this to the end; hoping to be Trump's VP. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 06:39:48 pm »
I don't know much about Mike Pence but he appears as a RINO to me.  So maybe he will back Trump.
Wow. Mike Pence a Rino? You sure don't know much about Mike Pence.

You say you came to this site to oppose Trump?

Gotta elevate your game, here
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln