Author Topic: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything  (Read 18477 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:56 am »
Like I said, your boy is getting trashed and you don't like it.  I thought you had a place to go where none of this stuff was allowed?

Actually, Sink.  I was hoping this forum could discuss Donald Trump reaching 1,002 delegates.  See....all the news we miss for this?   :shrug:

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2016, 03:09:21 am »
I'm not frantic.  I'm very peaceful, DC.

I'm #NeverTrump and know it's the right decision for me.

It's RIV who's trying to get unfavorable Trump threads buried.

No....there are dozens of threads that are anti-Trump.  I'm suggesting we move this to a "chat" area .... and let continue for months.

I'm trying to make room for news, real news......like Trump's delegate count reaching 1,002.  You can run from this Sink, but you cannot hide forever.   ^-^

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2016, 03:10:17 am »
Actually, Sink.  I was hoping this forum could discuss Donald Trump reaching 1,002 delegates.  See....all the news we miss for this?   :shrug:

Why don't you put up a thread with that milestone as the topic?  The Trumpkins would think it's a big deal. Everybody else?  Meh.....

It should be obvious to you that the new members are not Trump supporters and many are #NeverTrump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:01 am »
Why don't you put up a thread with that milestone as the topic?  The Trumpkins would think it's a big deal. Everybody else?  Meh.....

It should be obvious to you that the new members are not Trump supporters and many are #NeverTrump.

Since we're chatting .... what do you think of Trump reaching 1002 delegates?  It's pretty damn awesome, don't you think?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:52 am »
No....there are dozens of threads that are anti-Trump.  I'm suggesting we move this to a "chat" area .... and let continue for months.

I'm trying to make room for news, real news......like Trump's deligate count reaching 1,002.  You can run from this Sink, but you cannot hide forever.   ^-^

"Make room"?  You can start a thread on any topic you want. What "room" this thread is in is of no significance. 

I'm sure you'd have much more participation if you started a thread on Trump's delegates over in the Trump play pen.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2016, 03:15:35 am »
Since we're chatting .... what do you think of Trump reaching 1002 delegates?  It's pretty damn awesome, don't you think?

No.

« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2016, 03:23:34 am »
No.

There are times I just adore you, Sink.  And this is one of them.  You made me LOL!   :beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2016, 03:29:32 am »
LOL!  You know that surely doesn't include you, Bigun.

You've always been direct in your insults and slams. 

Snobbery for you is impossible.

Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment!

You tell me DC.  How is it that two american males roughly the same age and with access to exactly the same information can come to such unalterably opposed views of the same man?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2016, 03:29:39 am »
There are times I just adore you, Sink.  And this is one of them.  You made me LOL!   :beer:

:laugh:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2016, 04:40:37 am »
With this I stand corrected and appreciate your candor here. Although it is worth less than a sack of potatoes and probably even less for you, my opinion of you has been raised a notch or two. I still disagree with your assertion of there being a narrative that is trying to be constructed rather than just opining on the events of the day.

Lets just agree to disagree then. I only get agitated when I read people posting that Trump supporters have suspended their own sense of morality, are idiots and fools, or are unthinking zombie followers. Its ludicrous, IMHO, and its simply an effort to demonize one's opposition without actually making an intellectual point or refuting a prior argument. Its weak and a sign of poor character in those who take such a tactic.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2016, 05:01:40 am »

Lets just agree to disagree then. I only get agitated when I read people posting that Trump supporters have suspended their own sense of morality, are idiots and fools, or are unthinking zombie followers. Its ludicrous, IMHO, and its simply an effort to demonize one's opposition without actually making an intellectual point or refuting a prior argument. Its weak and a sign of poor character in those who take such a tactic.

"Yes, Captain, SIR!!"    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2016, 05:06:26 am »
Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment!

You tell me DC.  How is it that two american males roughly the same age and with access to exactly the same information can come to such unalterably opposed views of the same man?

It was a compliment, Earl 

I, too, don't have time to dance.  Say what you mean to say and hopefully kiss and make up.

To answer you question:

I see the world through a businessman's eyes.  I approach problems through an owner's eyes.

Am convinced that the simple repeal of Obamacare will unleash a recovery the world's never seen.  Just having the 40 hr work week back will be cause for celebration...everywhere but in the media.

Businesses have been sitting on TRILLIONS of dollars in profits waiting for this regulation nonsense...this coup to be defeated.

So I realize it requires somebody who thinks like I do.  And it ain't Teddy.

I'm done.  I've told you and everybody the night he announced.  The Republican Party can kiss my a$$.

If Trump finds them a hindrance  in his attempts to administrate his policies, he'll be viewed as a smart, pragmatic President who went against his Party...those "dastardly Republicans".

Trump should steal a GWB's famous one-liner to use against the GOPe.

"You're either with us or you're against us!"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:15:50 am by DCPatriot »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2016, 08:48:08 am »
It was a compliment, Earl 

I, too, don't have time to dance.  Say what you mean to say and hopefully kiss and make up.

To answer you question:

I see the world through a businessman's eyes.  I approach problems through an owner's eyes.

Am convinced that the simple repeal of Obamacare will unleash a recovery the world's never seen.  Just having the 40 hr work week back will be cause for celebration...everywhere but in the media.

Businesses have been sitting on TRILLIONS of dollars in profits waiting for this regulation nonsense...this coup to be defeated.

So I realize it requires somebody who thinks like I do.  And it ain't Teddy.

I'm done.  I've told you and everybody the night he announced.  The Republican Party can kiss my a$$.

If Trump finds them a hindrance  in his attempts to administrate his policies, he'll be viewed as a smart, pragmatic President who went against his Party...those "dastardly Republicans".

Trump should steal a GWB's famous one-liner to use against the GOPe.

"You're either with us or you're against us!"

You are just flat out wrong on the part I highlighted! I know that man personally and KNOW him to be the real deal who will actually DO the things we both see need doing!

Trump is a con man! A carnival barker who has a vested interest in keeping things just as they are in Washington! His very LIFE depends on it! In short he is blowing smoke up your ass and laughing at you for falling for it!

The rest I pretty much agree with.  I'm every bit as sick and tired of the inside the beltway bull shit as you are and in my lifetime I have seen exactly one man actually take it to those bastards with a vengeance! That man is Ted Cruz!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:22:37 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2016, 04:25:00 pm »
You are just flat out wrong on the part I highlighted! I know that man personally and KNOW him to be the real deal who will actually DO the things we both see need doing!

Trump is a con man! A carnival barker who has a vested interest in keeping things just as they are in Washington! His very LIFE depends on it! In short he is blowing smoke up your ass and laughing at you for falling for it!

The rest I pretty much agree with.  I'm every bit as sick and tired of the inside the beltway bull shit as you are and in my lifetime I have seen exactly one man actually take it to those bastards with a vengeance! That man is Ted Cruz!

I was a commissioned officer in the Army. I know a ton of other ex-officers. The vast majority are strongly pro-Trump...yes, there are some Cruz fans as well, but not many. They are not as rare as Democrats in the officer ranks, but close. Soldiers tend to care more about practicality and common sense than they do for ideology. And Cruz is all about ideology. Trump on the other hand, holds to a conservative philosophy but he does so within the bounds of understanding what works and does not work in the real hands on world.

Soldiers care about leadership...and yes, they like a little braggadocio and crassness because those are hallmarks of candor. A leader must have the ability to inspire, and quite frankly, Cruz couldn't inspire a piece of milque-toast. Trump gets folks fired up and believing in a higher purpose, and that means something to the troops.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:27:41 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »
Donald Trump does not want to be president and never will be! His sole purpose was and is to remove all the legitimate potential opponents of friend Hillary from the playing field and he has been quite successful in that endeavor.

Why would anyone spend all this much time and effort to get someone else  elected? That would be insanity.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2016, 04:30:23 pm »

Why would anyone spend all this much time and effort to get someone else  elected? That would be insanity.

Unless you knew your efforts would be handsomely rewarded if you were successful!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:23 pm »
I was a commissioned officer in the Army. I know a ton of other ex-officers. The vast majority are strongly pro-Trump...yes, there are some Cruz fans as well, but not many. They are not as rare as Democrats in the officer ranks, but close. Soldiers tend to care more about practicality and common sense than they do for ideology. And Cruz is all about ideology. Trump on the other hand, holds to a conservative philosophy but he does so within the bounds of understanding what works and does not work in the real hands on world.

Soldiers care about leadership...and yes, they like a little braggadocio and crassness because those are hallmarks of candor. A leader must have the ability to inspire, and quite frankly, Cruz couldn't inspire a piece of milque-toast. Trump gets folks fired up and believing in a higher purpose, and that means something to the troops.

That's nice, but last I checked we are still a civilian republican democracy, not a quasi military state.  Is the military now planning to start ignoring its institutional ethics of not interfering in domestic matters, going all the way back to George Washington?

So far the institution has held, even through Obama. If it's to be thrown over now because the military wants Trump, then the republic is truly dead and were just watching the body fall. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2016, 04:36:43 pm »

Really?  Even Trump himself has contributed to campaigns in the past, so he must feel it's worth spending the money. 

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2016, 06:44:37 pm »
That's nice, but last I checked we are still a civilian republican democracy, not a quasi military state.  Is the military now planning to start ignoring its institutional ethics of not interfering in domestic matters, going all the way back to George Washington?

So far the institution has held, even through Obama. If it's to be thrown over now because the military wants Trump, then the republic is truly dead and were just watching the body fall.

When I was in the military it was almost completely apolitical.  Today that's all changed with the internet and a proliferation of political forums including military based forums.  Now you can talk to almost anyone in the military and they are in a political mode, and willing to speak out.  But we're still a long way from Seven Days in May...I hope.  :0001:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

A-Lert

« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »

You must consider the source.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2016, 07:11:47 pm »
Unless you knew your efforts would be handsomely rewarded if you were successful!

Earl...suggest you dial back the density gauge on that tin foil hat, buddy.

A man worth near $10 Billion can't be bought out of the presidency.   Geez!    :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:12:23 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »

A man worth near $10 Billion can't be bought out of the presidency.   Geez!    :whistle:

You know my feelings about Trump, but I agree, he's in it to win it.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:53 pm »

Yeah! Right!

!. He isn't worth anywhere near $10 Billion!

2. He is up to his neck in the Clintoon mob and they have called in the marker!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:21:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2016, 07:17:17 pm »

You're privy to Trump's personal wealth?  Or are you just regurgitating more of his "truthful hyperbole"?  Without at least the long-promised, but now apparently forgotten, tax returns there is no meaningful evidence on that point.

Geez!  Since when did evidence become irrelevant.  :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
You're privy to Trump's personal wealth?  Or are you just regurgitating more of his "truthful hyperbole"?  Without at least the long-promised, but now apparently forgotten, tax returns there is no meaningful evidence on that point.

Geez!  Since when did evidence become irrelevant.  :whistle:

Mr. Squirrel....there are too many new, interesting people with whom to get acquainted....to spend worthless time chasing you around the back yard with a tennis racket.