Author Topic: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything  (Read 18402 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Nothing that Happened Today Changed Anything
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 02:16:31 pm »
Ha - I won't give up even *if* he gets the nomination. I'll write in Cruz.

#NeverTrump means Never. Trump.

I'm not going to have someone lord a Trump vote over my head later if he wins the general and betrays conservatives every day in the White House. I'll be able to say, "I voted for Cruz with clear conscience." If Hillary wins because of it, it will be the Trumpettes own fault. We *told* you we would not support him. Did you NOT believe us? If you did believe us, why didn't you rally around a conservative we could all support? Someone, you know, that we actually lionized as a conservative champion before Trump's smear campaign started?

Vote Trump, get Justice Kennedy in the White House.

Vote Cruz, get Justice Scalia in the White House.

Right there with ya!  #nevertrump
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »
It would be nice to have your votes, but we're well aware that Trump is winning without you. 

BTW--if Trump is the nominee are you anti-Trump people going to turn this forum into an actively pro-Hillary site?

These are for you especially but all Trump bots qualify!

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:25 pm »
As I said we'd love to have your support and votes---but you have repeatedly stated "NeverTrump"!  So, I'm not understanding why you sound so upset over me saying we would go on to victory and the WH without you.  You have not been pushed aside, you have repeatedly said your voluntary withdrawal from helping Trump to victory is absolute.

Which leads me to repeat my question--and I'd like to know your thoughts:

I have never been "#NeverTrump". Not once, not ever. I had said if Bernie won I'd go Trump. If Hillary won I'd go third party. Now I'm thinking I'll go Trump either way... I'm on the fence.

BTW--if Trump is the nominee are you anti-Trump people going to turn this forum into an actively pro-Hillary site?

I don't know the answer to that question to be honest. Could be some people resign themselves to grudgingly support Trump, some people go third party, and a few stay home or go Hillary.

Question goes both ways of course, will Trump people stay home if Cruz wins? I've heard the affirmative for that on FR, although not necessarily on here.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »
It would be nice to have your votes, but we're well aware that Trump is winning without you. 

I am sure you are also well aware that Trump cannot win against Hillary.  If Trump is the nominee, do you really think this forum would turn into a pro-Hillary site?  Hardly, ... most of us are going to be saying ... if only they had listened to us and voted Cruz!

Hillary will be on the hands of the Trump supporters. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »

No. And I believe the possibility does exist for Trump to defeat her in Nov as she is struggling

And I haven't committed to voting for Trump nor not. But IF I do, and that's a big if, my assessment of him wont change. I believe those of us who are skeptical of Trump will be proven right should he get elected. We have seen how he reacts to the slightest bit of criticism and how he conducted himself during the primary season is how he will govern. And I believe there will be a lot of buyer's remorse. The latest "conservatism" he's been touting will go away once it's clear he's got it in the bag. You're already seeing signs of that as it becomes clear he's the nominee. And, if he cannot unite the three legs of the conservative stool, he will have a difficult, but not impossible,task defeating her

However, look at his opponent. She was a complete train wreck as SOS. Her Libya, and more specifically, Benghazi actions have turned that country into a failed Islamic state. What she did to those brave souls in Benghazi is an appetizer for what she'll do to America if elected. I shudder to think what deals were made with other countries for donations to her crooked foundation. Her corruption is matched only by her incompetence.

The reason why many of us conservatives have a problem with Trump is he is not a conservative. I believe we will get Trumpcare in place of Obamacare if he gets his way. And many of us still hold on to the belief that a limited federal government is the answer to most of the issues, outside the cultural, that face this country. A growing government that amasses more and more debt won't work any better if Trump runs it than if it's a Clinton, Obama, or whoever.

Now, I disagree with Cruz's assessment that Trump would be worse than Hillary as we have seen Hillary in action whereas Trump has never held political office to make any concrete assessment. But running Trump against Hillary,as he has donated to her campaigns, foundation, and has even praised her, and expecting him to make an issue of her corruption and foundation sounds similar to Romney trying to run against ObamaCare as Romneycare was the blueprint for it

So based on the above of what I wrote, I'm still struggling with decisions. But I assure everyone here that I will never, ever, ever, even consider the remote possibility of casting a vote for Hillary
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:33:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »
No. And I believe the possibility does exist for Trump to defeat her in Nov as she is struggling

And I haven't committed to voting for Trump nor not. But IF I do, and that's a big if, my assessment of him wont change. I believe those of us who are skeptical of Trump will be proven right should he get elected. We have seen how he reacts to the slightest bit of criticism and how he conducted himself during the primary season is how he will govern. And I believe there will be a lot of buyer's remorse. The latest "conservatism" he's been touting will go away once it's clear he's got it in the bag. You're already seeing signs of that as it becomes clear he's the nominee. And, if he cannot unite the three legs of the conservative stool, he won't get enough independents and cross over dems to win

However, look at his opponent. She was a complete train wreck as SOS. Her Libya, and more specifically, Benghazi actions have turned that country into a failed Islamic state. What she did to those brave souls in Benghazi is an appetizer for what she'll do to America if elected. I shudder to think what deals were made with other countries for donations to her crooked foundation. Her corruption is matched only by her incompetence.

The reason why many of us conservatives have a problem with Trump is he is not a conservative. I believe we will get Trumpcare in place of Obamacare if he gets his way. And many of us still hold on to the belief that a limited federal government is the answer to most of the issues, outside the cultural, that face this country. A growing government that amasses more and more debt won't work any better if Trump runs it than if it's a Clinton, Obama, or whoever.

Now, I disagree with Cruz's assessment that Trump would be worse than Hillary as we have seen Hillary in action whereas Trump has never held political office to make any concrete assessment. But running Trump against Hillary,as he has donated to her campaigns, foundation, and has even praised her, and expecting him to make an issue of her corruption and foundation sounds similar to Romney trying to run against ObamaCare as Romneycare was the blueprint for it

So based on the above of what I wrote, I'm still struggling with decisions. But I assure everyone here that I will never, ever, ever, even consider the remote possibility of casting a vote for Hillary

Nor will I! And voting for TRump is voting for the exact same thing IMHO so I will vote for Gary Johnson for president and then Republican all the way down the ballot otherwise.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 02:33:28 pm »
As I said we'd love to have your support and votes---but you have repeatedly stated "NeverTrump"!  So, I'm not understanding why you sound so upset over me saying we would go on to victory and the WH without you.  You have not been pushed aside, you have repeatedly said your voluntary withdrawal from helping Trump to victory is absolute.

Which leads me to repeat my question--and I'd like to know your thoughts:

Trump can earn those votes at any time by his words and behavior. It's completely in his hands and up to him to be presidential, something to this point he refuses to do.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:07 pm »
Trump can earn those votes at any time by his words and behavior. It's completely in his hands and up to him to be presidential, something to this point he refuses to do.

He could try that; in fact one of the talk show hosts last night mentioned that.  However it was also noted that it's too late for that.  Trump's bombastic personality and comments are already ingrained in the mind's of the American public and I'm sure most of the world is shaking their heads...this is who conservatives are voting for ... believe me ... they are laughing at Trump and at us.  He is an embarrassment.

#Never Trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »

He's not going to do that because he can't.

He can't become an adult overnight.
He can't begin to respect women and minorities overnight.

More importantly:

He can't support conservative ideals overnight after years of being a leftist.
He can't defend the Constitution overnight after a lifetime of not knowing what it is.

He's not going to "earn" our votes, because he's a total narcissist liberal who hates people who don't love him.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:44:10 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 02:46:11 pm »
He could try that; in fact one of the talk show hosts last night mentioned that.  However it was also noted that it's too late for that.  Trump's bombastic personality and comments are already ingrained in the mind's of the American public and I'm sure most of the world is shaking their heads...this is who conservatives are voting for ... believe me ... they are laughing at Trump and at us.  He is an embarrassment.

#Never Trump

He lost me after he bashed Walker's gubanatorial record. If you can't applaud what Walker did, you stand for nothing I want to be part of.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »
Nor will I! And voting for TRump is voting for the exact same thing IMHO so I will vote for Gary Johnson for president and then Republican all the way down the ballot otherwise.

I am a Conservative Republican.  I have been for more than a half century.

This is the first time I may be forced into having a liberal Democrat (not just a Democrat, but a Progressive, pro-abortion Democrat) running as the supposed Republican nominee.

I'm hanging on the hope that Trump will not win on the second ballot, because he (and his followers) will be forcing me to do the unthinkable........ and I don't know how I could possibly make the choice to vote for someone who completely opposes every standard I have.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »
I'm hanging on the hope that Trump will not win on the second ballot,

Trump will win on the first.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
I am a Conservative Republican.  I have been for more than a half century.

This is the first time I may be forced into having a liberal Democrat (not just a Democrat, but a Progressive, pro-abortion Democrat) running as the supposed Republican nominee.

I'm hanging on the hope that Trump will not win on the second ballot, because he (and his followers) will be forcing me to do the unthinkable........ and I don't know how I could possibly make the choice to vote for someone who completely opposes every standard I have.

I myself am a Christian first, a conservative second, and a republican third! I have spend a good many years working in the bowels of the Republican party and say that if the delegates to the republican convention (all people who have EARNED the right to be there by working within the republican party for years) actually nominate Donald Trump I will be thoroughly astounded!  I can't make myself believe that will happen!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:56:52 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

He had better because he's toast if he doesn't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 02:55:58 pm »

Well you can shout, grin, beat your chest, wave the flag, and rev the motorcycle all you want, but Trump is still around 200 delegates down with around 500 to go, and he just won in his strongest area. Most everything else left is far more unfriendly. If Cruz were in this position I wouldn't be so cocky or confident at this point.

And it doesn't seem like Trump is either, from the amount of screaming he's doing for Cruz and Kasich to get out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 02:57:11 pm »
If the delegates to the republican convention (all people who have EARNED the right to be there by working within the republican party for years) actually nominate Donald Trump I will be thoroughly astounded!  I can't make myself believe that will happen!

I'm hanging on that hope, Bigun.  Because if Trump wins the nomination with his 1/3 "majority" vote, this country is OVER.

It doesn't matter if Hillary wins (she will) or if he wins.  The Progressive agenda will continue, the Constitution will be ignored, and we will "progress" past the point of viability as a Representative Republic.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »
I still do not like the idea that we need to depend on California.

Could you have some doubt, that Cruz' pitch won't go over in California?

You do know in your heart of heart, he would like to slam "California Values," don't you.

He and his type love to insult California, and Californians. They call us screwballs of every type.

California Values, New York Values, what is the difference?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 03:26:29 pm »

Do you think that your vote should be earned or should it be automatic? Serious, on the level question.

Trump thinks that delegates should be earned at the ballot box.  One vote, one voice, let the best person win by will of the people.

REJECTED  thinks delegates should be SELECTED in secret dinners and by manipulating the system in Colorado to the point even Cruz supporters there know it stinks.  One delegate, to hell with the voters.

You were saying?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:28:11 pm by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »
Trump thinks that delegates should be earned at the ballot box.  One vote, one voie.

REJECTED  thinks delegates should be SELECTED in secret dinners and by manipulating the system in Colorado to the point even Cruz supporters there know it stinks.  One delegate, to hell with the voters.

You were saying?

Trump is earning delegates. If he gets to 1237 he wins.

Where is the problem there?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 03:31:56 pm »
Trump is earning delegates. If he gets to 1237 he wins.

Where is the problem there?

Correct.  Trump is earning them at the polls.

The Loser Twins, with no shot at 1237, and who GOP voters are fleeing from at a rapid pace right now, have not shot in the general even if they do manage to finagle and buy the delegate vote.  GOP voters simply are not going to rally to either of them when Trump is over 50% nationally with GOP voters, which will happen soon, and already has in a recent poll.

So if you want to guarantee Clinton in the WH, have one of the two REJECTED loser get the nomination as they spit in the collective face of millions of GOP voters who cast their vote.

That you anti-Trumps don't understand this explains a lot about the irrational posts and vulgar anger I read here on a daily basis.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »
Trump thinks that delegates should be earned at the ballot box.  One vote, one voice, let the best person win by will of the people.

You were saying?

Trump has gotten more percentage delegates at the ballot box than he's gotten votes. It's obvious he's benefiting from a rigged system perpetrated by the insidious and nefarious GOPe that he's secretly in league with.

Is he gonna give back some of those WTA delegates to Cruz or not?
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 03:35:16 pm »
Correct.  Trump is earning them at the polls.

The Loser Twins, with no shot at 1237, and who GOP voters are fleeing from at a rapid pace right now, have not shot in the general even if they do manage to finagle and buy the delegate vote.  GOP voters simply are not going to rally to either of them when Trump is over 50% nationally with GOP voters, which will happen soon, and already has in a recent poll.

So if you want to guarantee Clinton in the WH, have one of the two REJECTED loser get the nomination as they spit in the collective face of millions of GOP voters who cast their vote.

That you anti-Trumps don't understand this explains a lot about the irrational posts and vulgar anger I read here on a daily basis.

Trump again polls nationally worse than both Kasich and Cruz. Having 50% GOP support doesn't win you an election, except in the minds of the Trump crowd.
The Republic is lost.

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »

I have never seen anything, other than the "gut feel" of Trumpsters, that show that Trump can even get close to winning the White House in November. Nothing.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
@Frank Cannon
Agree- no despair here about the liberal Northeast voting fro the NY liberal as expected. Trump has an ugly personality. And his hair alone should disqualify him from public office. :silly:
Since he didn't bother to do the hard work on the ground in the States, I have serious doubts he is up to the job of POTUS.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 03:42:05 pm »
I have never seen anything, other than the "gut feel" of Trumpsters, that show that Trump can even get close to winning the White House in November. Nothing.

Buh, buh, buh, Trump has nearly 50% support of Republicans!

And he'z gonna build uh wall! UH WALL!!
The Republic is lost.