Author Topic: Cruz delegate guide for Pennsylvania  (Read 19079 times)

Offline oldmomster

Re: Cruz delegate guide for Pennsylvania
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »
same here - sat up for HOURS discussing politics with my ULTRA CONSERVATIVE WWII Dad.

I've raised three conservative sons - one of them (youngest) might even be more to the right than I am, and thats sayin something! 

Middle son pointed out to me that his friends that were raised in liberal households are all either union teachers (public teat for life) or losers in waiter/barista jobs.

BUT.....job for life guarantees, they are voting themselves higher salaries, how does a normal family compete with that?

One candidate I really was hoping would make a dent in the status quo was Walker.  I admired his fight with the unions.

Oh well, it is what it is.  My vote goes to Cruz tomorrow as do votes of the rest of my household.

I grew up surrounded by conservative blue collar families.

My kids are growing up surrounded by card carrying progressives.  Yikes.   

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »
same here - sat up for HOURS discussing politics with my ULTRA CONSERVATIVE WWII Dad.

I've raised three conservative sons - one of them (youngest) might even be more to the right than I am, and thats sayin something! 

Middle son pointed out to me that his friends that were raised in liberal households are all either union teachers (public teat for life) or losers in waiter/barista jobs.

BUT.....job for life guarantees, they are voting themselves higher salaries, how does a normal family compete with that?

One candidate I really was hoping would make a dent in the status quo was Walker.  I admired his fight with the unions.

Oh well, it is what it is.  My vote goes to Cruz tomorrow as do votes of the rest of my household.

Well Donald slandered 'dum dum' Walker and took him out with one of his

'linguistic kill' shots.  Slandered Walker when Donald said that WI ran a deficit when it did not.

No wonder Walker helped Cruz.

Going to be a real mess to unite everybody once this is all over...
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2016, 08:03:46 pm »
Oh, when election is done, they'll all go on jockeying for favor from the anointed winner, declare it a victory for liberty, blah blah blah.

Reality?  nothing changes.  as much as Trump may change the tone of the whitehouse, the reality is that he will have to deal with the same congress that Cruz fought.  So, are we looking forward to more executive actions/orders/suggestions or whatever they call the Unconstitutional takeover of the country?

The cult of personality is a dangerous one - no matter which party is in power.  the ONLY selling point for a candidate should have been the Rule of Law, using congress to change the ones that do not work or have hurt the economy, and end government takeover of everything that isn't dressed in Military garb.

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »

forgot my last point (I get carried away sometimes).

The pols will all be fine.

People?  I think this is causing a real fracture in parties, neighborhoods, families that may never be repaired.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2016, 08:12:14 pm »
Oh, when election is done, they'll all go on jockeying for favor from the anointed winner, declare it a victory for liberty, blah blah blah.

Reality?  nothing changes.  as much as Trump may change the tone of the whitehouse, the reality is that he will have to deal with the same congress that Cruz fought.  So, are we looking forward to more executive actions/orders/suggestions or whatever they call the Unconstitutional takeover of the country?

The cult of personality is a dangerous one - no matter which party is in power.  the ONLY selling point for a candidate should have been the Rule of Law, using congress to change the ones that do not work or have hurt the economy, and end government takeover of everything that isn't dressed in Military garb.

Well the Clintons and Bushes have been entrenched for over FIVE decades.

Believe me I want Cruz, but even with Trump, the old power structure will be sent running.....

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2016, 08:13:52 pm »
forgot my last point (I get carried away sometimes).

The pols will all be fine.

People?  I think this is causing a real fracture in parties, neighborhoods, families that may never be repaired.

Understand the challenges, but we should ask God for the grace and strength to meet our challenges..

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »

Believe me I want Cruz, but even with Trump, the old power structure will be sent running.....

got my prayin' cap on and cranking it out with all my heart!

One of the reasons Phyllis Schlafly at Eagle Forum endorsed Trump was to break up the 'Kingmakers' in DC....and nobody ever called her a fool.

A-Lert

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 08:29:14 pm »
Well Donald slandered 'dum dum' Walker and took him out with one of his

'linguistic kill' shots.  Slandered Walker when Donald said that WI ran a deficit when it did not.

No wonder Walker helped Cruz.

Walker has stated he will support Trump if he becomes the Republican nominee.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2016, 08:32:49 pm »

@Lando Lincoln

One other point to teach the consequence free living 'libertarian youth'.

For decades now, the 'me first' mentality has increased abortion and decreased the overall birth rate.

But this causes enormous pressure for immigration - much of it illegal to fill the void (see Europe)

While we will not see the benefits for decades, we must teach our children these long term consequences....

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:33:34 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2016, 08:36:09 pm »

One of the reasons Phyllis Schlafly at Eagle Forum endorsed Trump was to break up the 'Kingmakers' in DC....and nobody ever called her a fool.

She is in an epic battle with her daughter over that.  Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »

:amen:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:22 pm »

“I will support the Republican running against Hillary Clinton in the fall — whoever that is.” Scott Walker

Real ringing endorsement for Trump there.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:48 pm »

Hey, thanks for joining in.

I used to hope for a Trump/Cruz ticket.

But Trump is now in a box.

His other option was Trump/Kasich

But now Trump faces a Hobson's choice between Kasich and Cruz for the VP slot--  Should Trump make it to the nomination.....

:pondering:

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2016, 08:40:31 pm »
“I will support the Republican running against Hillary Clinton in the fall — whoever that is.” Scott Walker

:amen:

A-Lert

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

It's much better than the anti-Trumps, "I'll stay home or vote third party, I don't care if Hillary wins" stupid attitude.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:52 pm »

Moreover, with Cruz and Kasich now in an alliance, albeit a loose one, Trump's unification efforts with Kaisich will be complicated.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2016, 08:44:36 pm »
It's much better than the anti-Trumps, "I'll stay home or vote third party, I don't care if Hillary wins" stupid attitude.

#NeverHillary

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »

One of the 15th district PA delegates is on Hannity now talking about prioritizing the slate of THREE and only THREE Cruz endorsed delegates for the 15th district.

A-Lert

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:25 pm »
Hey, thanks for joining in.

I used to hope for a Trump/Cruz ticket.

But Trump is now in a box.

His other option was Trump/Kasich

But now Trump faces a Hobson's choice between Kasich and Cruz for the VP slot--  Should Trump make it to the nomination.....

:pondering:

I don't believe either Cruz or Kasich would be beneficial as VP if Trump wins the nomination. His best choice would be a relatively young popular Republican governor or congress critter.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

We just went through a case study at TOS where Trump supporters stated that they will win with or without the conservative Cruz wing of the party.

We can see in real time how that is working out....

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2016, 08:52:25 pm »
I don't believe either Cruz or Kasich would be beneficial as VP if Trump wins the nomination. His best choice would be a relatively young popular Republican governor or congress critter.

The facts say otherwise.  While I dont care for Kasich as much as Trump or Cruz, we need BOTH Ohio and the base to win in the general.

There was window of time between the SC and Texas primaries when Trump and Cruz could have united...

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2016, 08:56:34 pm »

If Cruz racks up ~800 delegates with NB, MT and SD and WA left to vote, we may still get the scenario where delegates insist on Trump / Cruz -- like a shotgun wedding.

That is why it is so critical for PA people to vote Cruz tomorrow no matter what.

There will be delegates to be won in districts like 15, even if Trump wins the 17 at large delegates.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2016, 08:58:13 pm »
The facts say otherwise.  While I dont care for Kasich as much as Trump or Cruz, we need BOTH Ohio and the base to win in the general.

There was window of time between the SC and Texas primaries when Trump and Cruz could have united...

Cruz isn't even popular with his peers. Kasich is much more liberal/moderate than Trump. Neither make a good matchfor Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2016, 08:59:07 pm »

Remember, both JFK and Reagan were not happy with their VPs.

It was all for victory....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:59:26 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2016, 09:02:17 pm »
Cruz isn't even popular with his peers. Kasich is much more liberal/moderate than Trump. Neither make a good matchfor Trump.

Cruz helped Sessions stop immigration.

There are folks like Mike Lee that work with Cruz.  Even Rubio and others in the house and senate often work with Cruz.

Cruz connects with certain personalities in the grass roots that will work for him.

For example, spent 3 hours on Sunday working on the guide you see here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:03:11 pm by LonestarDream »