Author Topic: Charles Koch: 'It's possible' Clinton is preferable to a Republican for president  (Read 612 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-republican-white-house-222349

Charles Koch: 'It's possible' Clinton is preferable to a Republican for president

By Kristen East

04/23/16 07:38 PM EDT

Billionaire businessman Charles Koch said in an interview airing Sunday that “it’s possible” another Clinton in the White House could be better than having a Republican president.

Koch, the CEO of Koch industries, made the comment to ABC News’ Jonathan Karl for an interview airing on ABC’s This Week.

Koch and his brother, David, and their associated groups plan to spend nearly $900 million on the 2016 elections.

The comment came after Karl asked about former President Bill Clinton’s term, to which Koch said Clinton was “in some ways” better than George W. Bush.

“As far as the growth of government, the increase in spending, it was two-and-a-half times under Bush that it was under Clinton,” he said.

Karl followed up by asking about whether or not Koch could see himself supporting Hillary Clinton.

Koch hesitated before giving an answer that didn’t rule out the possibility.

“We would have to believe her actions would have to be quite different than her rhetoric, let me put it that way,” he said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

So the big dog of Republican bankrollers doesn't like Trump or Cruz.

He's not accustomed to pouring his money down ratholes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wow Politico twisted that. I guess you really have to be guarded when speaking with the media.. his key qualifier phrase here:

“We would have to believe her actions would have to be quite different than her rhetoric, let me put it that way,”

geronl

If they think that they should save their $900 million and sit it out.

geronl

Koch money funded the legal fight that legalized homo marriage. They also like open borders.

Offline sinkspur

If I were Koch, the only money I'd spend would be on GOP candidates who ran against Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

He's just mad he was funding losers like Jeb, Rubio, and now Kasich, in addition to McRomney in the past.  Pissing money away, basically, and now having a temper tantrum. 

Kind of like I see on this board from some posters.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:54:35 am by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

If I were Koch, the only money I'd spend would be on GOP candidates who ran against Trump.

Gee what a shock.  Thanks for clearing that up.  You seem kind of on the fence about Trump!

Hey do we get another meltdown tonight, by the way?  Last night's was more entertaining than the movie I was going to watch.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

geronl

did he donate to Romney, McCain or Dole...